Day 5

My One Week Love Story in Driver's Ed.

Day 5

 

It was the final day. I should be panicking that if I fail, this will be the end, right? But why am I panicking over the fact that we may never meet again. Why am I feeling like this? Is this…love?

 

I walked to my class and saw her sitting on the same seat…our seat. She gave me a curt smile, my friend’s advice ringing inside my ears.

 

Ask her number! You may never see her again!”

 

Should I?

 

“Are you scared?” I heard myself ask.

 

She shook her head. “I know we’ll pass.”

 

“Okay class, this is it. Whether you pass or fail, I’ll know. Good luck.”

 

I looked over to her and she did to me. I nodded and stood up; she wanted to go first.

 

#

 

It was now or never, she saw my worried gaze and shook her head; she didn’t like her grade. I saw over her shoulder and saw a red glaring 77.

 

I glanced at our teacher and she was urging me to go next. I was worried. The fact that Tiffany had such a low grade…what would happen to me.

 

I sat down on the same seat, watched the same computer she and I shared over the last few days, and clicked the tab.

 

Question #1

 

#

 

I smiled with content.

 

94

 

I PASSED! I turned to see if she was smiling at me, but nothing. All I see were empty eyes. What was wrong?

 

“Okay everyone,” our teacher began as a few more started finishing, “your parent’s are here, so will all of you please stay outside?”

 

We all stood up and passed the parents.  I saw her searching for her someone, and I remembered what she said.

 

“He might not come,” Tiffany murmured.

 

“Why?” I asked.

 

“He’s too busy, and my mom’s out of the country.”

 

“How about your siblings then?”

 

She snickered and began reading again. “They’re…too busy with their own lives.”

 

“Hey,” I greeted her.

 

She smiled widely, “Ssup. What score did you get?”

 

I blushed, “Well, it’s, uh, a 94.”

 

She grinned even more and ruffled my hair. “Smart.”

 

I shoved her side to the wall. “Shut up.”

 

She laughed and I giggled.

 

“Steph,” a deep, raspy voice called out to her.

 

“DAD!” she exclaimed and run to his side.

 

I saw the resemblance; the eye-smile, the voice, and the sharp features.

 

I didn’t want to come in between them and just sat down to my other friend (the other guy that sat next to me).

 

“Hey,” he said.

 

I smiled and asked what he got, he shyly replied with, “What’s yours first?”

 

“94.”

 

He grinned. “96.”

 

I laughed and found Tiffany talking to a bunch of other people. I want to walk over and talk to her, but these people, they’ll only find me desperate.

 

After a few more minutes, the teacher called us back in. I walked to where my mom was but kept on glancing to where Tiffany was. She happily chatted with her dad.

 

Is this goodbye?

 

“I’m happy to announce that everyone has passed,” she announced.

 

We all clapped and laughed. Finally.

 

“Now, all we have to wait for is everybody’s hands on driving…” she kept on rambling about stuff and I tuned her off.

 

I watched Tiffany’s happy smiles, I’ve never seen her this happy.

 

Another 10 minutes have passed and we were finally free to leave. I couldn’t get Tiffany’s number, email, nothing. I’m too much of a coward to do so.

 

“Oh, wait, Tiffany! Let me have your email first, I told you, I need to keep up with your progress,” the teacher said. Huh, WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT?!

 

I couldn’t keep in my sadness and just left the place with my mom.

 

#

 

“Where’s the car?” I asked.

 

“Your dad’s coming to pick us up,” my mom replied.

 

“Oh.”

 

I shifted my gaze to the newly sprouted leaves of the trees.  Spring was almost over and summer is just around the corner, the sun warming us up after leaving for Winter.

 

“But daaaaad,” I heard a whine.

 

I turned around and saw Tiffany walking with her father. They were both laughing, talking about something. I thought she would look at me, tell her father about me, but all she did was walk away, without even glancing at me.

 

I watched her walk towards her father’s car, her voice still ringing in my ears, her smile lingering in my mind. Love, this may not be it yet, but it’s more than a crush.

 

Tiffany, I’ll wait for our reuniting, so for now, I’ll say goodbye. May faith lead us to each other, if we are meant to be.

 


--i'm sorry for abandoning this fic--

GO READ THE EPILOGUE!!!