Chapter 25: The Cold Ones

A Beautiful Curse

The Cold Ones

 

Junhong entered the palace with an angry glare. He saw the two guards who followed him in school and immediately snarled at them before climbing the stairs to find his eldest. He advanced straight into Yongguk’s room and spoke out loud because he knew his brother would be inside.

“Hyung! I have told you many times I don’t need guards following me to school. I can still take care of myself. Back then you sent one guard and now you sent two. I don’t need –“

Junhong stopped and left his mouth hanging when he saw who was in the room with Yongguk. It was beyond his imagination to have her in the palace, in Yongguk’s room and staring at him with the same shocking expression as his.

“Junhong?!” Lana squealed in surprise.

“Lana?!” Junhong replied as his eyes turned wide. There were so many thoughts in his head at the moment.

Yongguk saw the both of them and knew what was going on. Obviously, Junhong hasn’t revealed anything about who he was to Lana. Thus, he interrupted to make it easier for him. “Lana, that’s my brother.” Lana’s attention moved to Yongguk as she looked at him in disbelief. “Yes, he’s my youngest brother.” He confirmed again.

Lana faced Junhong immediately as the guy slowly approached her. “Hey –“ Junhong timidly called with both his hands up in the air, signalling that he meant no harm. “I-I-I was about –“

“No wonder you don’t eat!” Lana raised her voice and pouted at Junhong for hiding the truth.

Junhong was surprised by her words and shook his head. “Really, Lana? Is that the first thing you would tell me after knowing that I’m a vampire? Aren’t you supposed to be scared, terrified and be fearful of me?” He asked.

However, Lana just shrugged as though it didn’t matter to her that he was a vampire. This bothered both Yongguk and Junhong. “I don’t know...” She muttered softly.

Junhong came closer and sat facing her. “Look, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you who I am right from the start. I thought you would freak out but judging from the reaction I just received, you’re not afraid, aren’t you? Lana, what makes you think I won’t bite and kill you?”

“Because I know you won’t...” Lana replied nonchalantly.

Junhong let out a laugh before questioning. “Answer me the most basic question, what do vampires feed?”

“Blood...” Lana looked at him and replied innocently.

Junhong sighed and shook his head, absolutely troubled by her relaxed attitude over something serious.  “Lana, there are more out there and mostly they aren’t as patient or gentle as me and my brothers. You need to know that.”

“I know...” Lana mumbled timidly.

Yongguk pushed Junhong away and scolded. “Can you treat her nicer? She’s here because she was following you. Apparently, the guards found her instead.”

“But Hyung –“ Junhong whined. “You shouldn’t send those guards to follow me. I can take care of myself.” He diverted his focus fully on Yongguk and disregard Lana’s presence.

“Junhong, the solstice is approaching. You know very well that other vampires are out there to bring us down in any way.” Yongguk explained.

Junhong sulked. “Still, at least talk to me about it first.”

“Excuse me –“ Lana called. “How long are you going to keep me here?”

“Oh right!” Junhong temporarily forgotten that they had a guest. “So Hyung, what are we going to do with her?” He winked mischievously.

Lana noticed the smirk and turned afraid. “Wait, are you –“

“Will you stop scaring her?” Yongguk slapped the back of Junhong’s head.

“Do you smell human in the palace?” Daehyun entered Yongguk’s room together with Youngjae, Himchan and Jongup.

“Shucks!” Himchan was taken aback after seeing Lana staring at them curiously. “Who are you?”

“Hyungs, meet Lana. She’s half vampire and half dog –“

“Mind your words!” Youngjae hissed and threw a kick right at Junhong’s .

“Okay, half puppy.” Junhong corrected and winked.

Jongup came closer and scrutinized Lana. “So, she’s the one.” He muttered.

Himchan approached Lana slowly because the girl was looking afraid seeing more vampires in the same room as her. “Hey, don’t be scared. My name is Himchan.” He held out her hand.

Lana shyly received the icy cold hand and replied. “Hi, I’m Lana.”

“Hello! I’m Daehyun. Nice to meet you, pretty...” Daehyun winked.

“Hi, I’m Jongup.”

“My name is Youngjae...” Youngjae knelt down, took Lana’s soft hand and kissed it gently.

“Hyung please...” Junhong rolled his eyes, feeling nauseous suddenly.

Lana studied their faces and she was amazed not because they were vampires but because each and every one of them was so handsome. They were like Princes, well technically they were. Also, they were incredibly nice compared to the stories she heard about vampires. They didn’t view her like food. Instead, their eyes displayed tender care as though Lana was like a fragile being.

Momentarily, Lana’s phone rang and that was when she realised, she didn’t get to make a call to Luhan. After what happened, she didn’t manage to call Luhan to inform that she was safe in school. Frantically, she looked at Yongguk and said. “What am I supposed to do?” Lana looked at her phone and true enough, it was Luhan.

“Okay. Let me think –“ Junhong paced back and forth, stressing over how Lana was going to explain to EXO.

However, Yongguk was calm and composed. He took the phone from Lana and pressed the answer button.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Daehyun frowned.

“Hello...Lana is safe...Yes, you’re right. I’m Yongguk...Listen, I don’t intend to harm her in any way...Meet me by the lake in an hour...”

Lana watched and listened to Yongguk with hanging wide. Yongguk ended the call and walked towards her. He chuckled seeing her shocked face and placed his hand over . “Close your mouth, sweetheart. Anyway, we’re going to send you back now.”

“Was that Luhan? Did you just talk to him? Oh my God, are you going to meet EXO?”

“Yes. We’ll be meeting them for the first time.”

“Hyung, are you serious?” Jongup asked.

Yongguk nodded and spoke. “Yes, I want you guys to control yourselves. Remember, we don’t want any war.”

 

 

Luhan endlessly called Lana’s phone. She was late for an hour in calling him. He searched her in school but she was not there. He alerted the rest of his brothers who instantly went about to look for her. Jongin was especially worried but his mind was too occupied to blame or be angry at Luhan for being negligent. Besides, he knew Luhan was probably feeling equally upset at himself. They gathered back in the house after an hour of searching when Luhan decided to give another call.

Thankfully, this time the call went through.

“Lana where are –“

“Hello.”

“Who’s this?” Luhan tensed when he heard a male voice instead. “Where is Lana?!”

“Lana is safe.”

“Are you –“ Luhan clenched his fists and frowned seriously as he detected a familiar voice. “Are you Bang Yongguk?”

That name sent shivers down the rest of EXO. Some of them instantly turned grim upon hearing that name. They definitely knew who Bang Yongguk is.

“Yes, you’re right. I’m Yongguk –“

“DAMN IT! What have you done to Lana?!” Luhan yelled furiously.

“Listen, I don’t intend to harm her in any way.”

“Where is she?” Luhan articulated.

“Meet me by the lake in an hour.” With that, the call ended. Luhan was so mad that he nearly crushed his phone in his palm.

Joonmyun stood up and approached Luhan. “Hyung, what did he say?”

“We’re going to meet them.”

“We’re going to meet those filthy bloodsuckers?” Sehun asked to confirm.

Luhan nodded and replied. “Yes –“

Jongin heard and was about to make a dash when Kris prevented. “Jongin, don’t. Lana is with them.” He reminded fearing that if Jongin’s recklessness might cause harm to Lana.

“Whatever it is, we must ensure Lana is safe.” Minseok stated.

Baekhyun cracked his knuckles angrily and then asked. “But if they harm her in any way, I don’t think we need to think twice in attacking right?”

Joonmyun looked down as he thought of the most civil answer. “Baek don’t...”

“Hyung, I think it’s about time we use our months of training into of good use.” Chanyeol said.

“Only when they harm Lana, we attack them. Do you understand?” Kris decided. “Besides, we’re dealing with the royal vampires. This is not going to be pleasant if anything happens.” He reminded.

 

EXO waited by the lake and they were minutes before the agreed time. Jongin was particularly enraged as he remained firm and stiff, all ready to pounce on them. He only had Lana in his mind and the first thing he would do is to get her safe. He was pretty sure his brothers would handle the rest. Similarly, Luhan was on the brink of ripping the filthy bloodsuckers if they ever lay their hands on Lana. Not even a scratch was forgivable and he would do anything to make sure the vampires would cease to exist. Also, it was his fault after all for not properly guarding Lana.

The stench got stronger and EXO knew the vampires have arrived. However, instead of expecting the pale cold-blooded, right before them stood Lana smiling shyly. She didn’t look like she was hurt. In fact, she was waving her arm and called. “Hi –“

Jongin approached her closely when suddenly he noticed 6 guys behind Lana. They were watching him with uptight expressions. Jongin saw that one of the guys was about to come closer to Lana and he was ready pounce on him when Lana stopped in front defensively.

“Jongin no!” Surprised, Jongin took a step back and stared at Lana, absolutely puzzled by her actions. Once again, Lana begged. “Jongin, please don’t...”

Jongin pulled Lana towards him and embraced her tightly. “Lana, are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine. Jongin, these vampires –“ Lana tried to explain but before she could finish Yongguk stepped forward.

“Hello EXO, we finally meet.”

 

To be continued

 


Yeay another chapter!

BUT

EXO AND BAP(the vampires) are going to meet for the first time

Stay tuned to see what's going to on next

BUT

It may take a while though because exams =(

Till then, enjoy the chapter. Thanks for subscribing!