Chapter 1: Meeting

Miracle

Today was a busy day. It wasn't usually this busy but today was different. People were rushing here and there, trying to get their papers done and organizing them. Ara was sitting at her desk like usual, except today she had papers stacked in piles on her desk. She sighed, picking a pile and starting to read through the papers. She could hear the others talking and their footsteps falling to the ground. Ara, not wanting to do the work right now, looked out the window.

     She saw the beautiful scenery from the top of the building. The view of the streets was wonderful and the ocean made it even better. The sun's rays hit against the water's surface and reflected it back, making it look like diamonds were in the water. It was such a beautiful day...and yet, she was stuck inside doing paperwork. Yay...

     I better get back to work... Ara mentally shook her head and focused back on her papers. She read through them carefully and writing down all the necessary things needed for it.

     "Miss. Kim," said a young woman's voice.

     Ara looked up to see the woman. She was one of the recently new workers at her music industry company. She seemed nervous about her first talk to her CEO, Chief Executive Officer. Her secretary, Jo Young Min, was beside her, ready to file the papers that Ara was busy working on.

     "Don't be nervous," Ara said kindly.

     The girl nodded her head and bowed a little. Her eyes kept looking at Young Min and Ara couldn't help but smile to herself. All the girls were like that in the company.

     "What was it that brought you here?" she asked.

     The girl blinked rapidly, trying to focus back on the task at hand. "Oh! Uh..there's a man in the lobby. He wanted to see you."

     Ara looked to Young Min. "When do I have to meet with 5stars today?"

     Young Min checked his phone for the schedule. "In three hours," he replied.

     She nodded her head and looked back at the girl. "Tell him that I will down in a few minutes," she said.

     The girl nodded her head and left the room. Ara finished the last of the papers in the first pile and gave them all to Young Min. He left the room and Ara headed to the elevator, going to the first floor. She walked through the hallway towards the lobby, wondering who this man would be.

     She walked out to the lobby and looked around. She tilted her head. That's weird, she thought. He should be somewhere around here. Ara walked towards the girl that told her that someone was waiting for her here.

     “Where’s the man?”

     The girl looked around the lobby, her eyes becoming worried about the consequence of lying to her CEO. She gulped and looked back at Ara. “I-I swear he was in the lobby just a few minutes ago,” she replied. She bowed her head down in apology.

     Ara smiled kindly at her. “That’s alright. I guess something came up. Maybe he’ll come back tomorrow,” she said.

     Ara turned around and bumped into someone.

     “Sorry,” she mumbled. She looked up at the person she bumped into and her eyes widened. It was Ji Yong.

     “No problem,” he replied. He looked at Ara. “Are you the CEO of this company?”

     She nodded her head.

     He brightened up and smiled. “That’s good. I was wondering if you needed a composer.”

     Ara looked up at him. She remembered her teenage years when she knew about him and loved all the music he sang. She gave him a smile and nodded her head. “Sure,” she replied.

~~~

     Ara locked the doors to the company. She could hear the crickets singing their song and the light breeze rustling through the leaves. She turned around and headed to her car. Everyone was heading to their cars, either alone or in pairs, and backing out of the parking lot.

     Tomorrow was Sunday, so the company wasn’t opened. Ara didn’t have any plans; it was going to be one of those unexpected days that could be good or bad.

     She backed out of the parking lot and headed towards her house. She parked in her driveway, locked her doors and headed towards her front porch. She fumbled with the keys, trying to get the house keys, only to drop them on the ground. She sighed angrily. She picked them up and opened the door. She kicked her shoes off and turned the lights on. She went straight to her computer and booted it up. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a cold drink from the refrigerator. She placed it down and went to Youtube to listen to “Breathe” by Ji Yong.

     She went prepared dinner, listening to songs that Ji Yong sang with a smile on her face. He had such a beautiful voice and he looked cute with blonde hair. Ara started cutting up vegetables and cooked some pasta.

     She brought the laptop to the dining table and started eating her dinner, listening to some K-pop. She still loved K-pop but mostly Ji Yong. He was hot and she couldn’t believe that she forgot him. She blamed her work. She was always so busy that she never really had time to listen to K-pop or anything fun like that. It was like she was stuck in a world of just working and there was no fun because it was against the law or something.

~~~

     The alarm went off and Ara pulled the blanket over her head. She didn’t want to get up because there was nothing to do on Sunday, except for grocery shopping. The alarm was still ringing and she eventually got up and turned it off. She sat up on her bed, her eyes closed. She still didn’t want to get out of her room. She fell back.

     Ara opened her eyes and looked at the clock. It was past 3! Dang it! She got up and headed to the washroom to get ready to go out quickly. She grabbed a granola bar and ran out the door, fumbling with her shoes. She was just outside the door when she looked down at what she was wearing. Her shoulders dropped and she sighed.

     “I forgot to change out of my PJs”, she said.

     She turned around, locked the door, and headed to her bedroom. She grabbed her outfit and checked in the mirror to see if it was alright then headed out the door. She locked the door behind her and went to the car. She had her hand on the handle and her head dropped. She sighed angrily.

     I forgot my purse…

     She went back to the house a second time and grabbed her purse. She paused before she left and checked if she had her wallet and cell phone. Both of them were in her purse and then she left the house to her car. She backed out of her driveway and headed to the nearest grocery store.

~~~

     Ara placed the last grocery bag on the floor and locked the door behind her. She switched the lights on and took her shoes off. She went to the kitchen with her grocery bags, putting them away in the refrigerator or cupboards.

     She went to the couch and plopped down. She reached her hand to the low-rising table close to the couch and didn’t feel the laptop there. She sighed. I don’t want to get up and get it…

     She shrugged it off and decided to just look at the ceiling. She didn’t feel like getting up to go to the laptop or grab the TV remote.

     She stayed like that for half an hour and got bored. She got up and went to the laptop to listen to some music. She wasn’t really sure what she was going to listen to but she was sure that something would come up. She ended up listening to “Sherlock” by Shinee. She went onto Facebook and went on the messages that she sent to Unhee and Danbi. She smiled when she read through the messages. They were talking about monkeys and tigers. She didn’t remember how it came up but it was a pretty interesting conversation.

     Ara told them that she met Ji Yong and that he was her composer now. She was actually super happy and she was so glad that she didn’t scare him away yesterday. If she did then she wouldn’t be able to see him again in person!

 

     You met G-Dragon?! Unhee replied back.

     Who’s that? Danbi asked.

     G-Dragon from Big Bang! And yeah! I was so surprised!! Ara replied back.

 

     They ended up talking about it for an hour non-stop. Unhee had to go work at her veterinary hospital and Danbi was going on a date with Song Ho Bin. Ara had to admit that Danbi and Ho Bin looked cute together and Unhee even agreed. Those two always seemed to laugh and smile a lot with each other.

     Ara logged off her Facebook account and changed the song she was listening to. She put the song “Heartbreaker” by Ji Yong. She sat back on the couch, resting her head. She closed her eyes and let the music surround her, letting it fill her up.

~~~

     Ara walked through the glass doors to the company. She saw Young Min, who walked up to her with his cell phone in his hand. He started telling her all about the schedule that day and she was supposed to be at the recording studio.

     She walked into the recording studio and sat down behind the mirror. Young Min sat down beside her and they listened to the song that the band was doing.

     The whole day was repeating over and over again that day. It was listening to music, reviewing the composers, going to meetings, etc. It was a pretty busy day.

     Ara saw Ji Yong heading to his desk. She opened but nothing would come out. She closed it and tried again. The same thing happened again.

     Great, she thought. I can’t even talk to him at work. How am I supposed to talk to him outside of work?

     Ji Yong looked at Ara and stood up. He walked over to her.

     “Was there something you wanted to tell me?” he asked in his dreamy voice.

     Ara wished she could have let his voice just float in the air forever. She wanted to keep hearing his voice but right now she was his boss. She mentally shook her head and looked up at him. She gave him a small smile and her heart started beating faster and faster. She was so sure that he could have heard it even without vampire hearing!

     “I wanted to ask you to compose a song,” she replied.

     “Sure,” he replied. “What kind of song?”

     “Surprise me,” she said with a smile.

     Ji Yong smiled back at her, which made Ara’s heart beat faster. She was so sure that she would have melted from seeing that smile of his. It was like he was an angel or something! She was going to like her job a lot more now- not that she didn’t like it before though.