Liar

Just Because...

Minseok is really a chubby guy. When he smiles, his cheeks get plumper than ever. As a guy to say about this issue, Minseok doesn’t like it, but he can’t resist the feeling when it comes to food. Minseok loves food, especially meat, and especially beef.

 

Grilled beef must be the best of best.

 

Minseok is now 23 years old, but he has such a baby face. People always think je is on his 10th grade or so on. And plus, because Minseok’s height is quite too small for a man. He has a friend names Luhan, and this friend is in a good form to be a right man to girls. Since school years Luhan always gets attention from girls even out of class, and Minseok feels that he’s just invisible when going next to Luhan, but he never says this out. Minseok cherishes their friendship and nothing can break it.

 

Luhan always cheers Minseok up whenever he feels down. Minseok usually feels upset about his cheek, and his chubby body. While boys growing up getting manlier and y then Minseok is just getting chubbier. But Luhan never tells Minseok to stop eating or kind of that to keep his fitness, because Luhan knows Minseok loves to eat more than anything, and how can he hurt his best friend by pushing him do something he doesn’t want to?

 

Now they are all 23 and all busy with their lives. Luhan and Minseok lives together as housemates to share the house’s fee since everything is expensive now in Seoul, saving is always in need. But they both get their own career, Luhan works for a trading company so he usually goes oversea, as this young age it can be taken as a big success to him. And for Minseok, he’s teaching a small class about vocal for kids. Minseok loves children, and he looks like a child so the school accepted him right away.

 

Living together like that, people may think wow, serious? How come they can be friends for that long? Well, actually it’s Minseok’s idea because he’s having a secret.

 

A secret that he wants to keep it for his entire life not telling anyone especially Luhan.

 

Of course there’s no way Minseok is going to tell Luhan about this, because Luhan is actually his secret.

 

Minseok has feeling for Luhan, strong feeling, and called “love”.

 

This strong feeling he also had once, for meat. But now Luhan has taken that place. So meat is Luhan now in Minseok’s heart.

 

This sounds crazy, but Luhan knows Minseok loves meat. They usually go out for grilled meat and cheese for dinner like true men. Drinking Soju and talking about business stuffs, girls, and so on. Luhan is really popular among girls, but he never takes it as an advantage, Luhan wants to step on by his own feet.

 

And Minseok still wonders why Luhan doesn’t have a girlfriend yet since he’s that perfect. However Minseok is happy about that, he wants Luhan to stay with him like this, no girl between their relationships, how could he ask for more?

 

This night is like one of the other nights, Luhan goes out with Minseok for their dinner and they have grilled beef with Soju. Minseok can drink better than Luhan, so he’s the one who walks Luhan home since he can hardly remember the way or even the name of their building.

 

-How’s today? – That’s the question Luhan always asks when they go out for dinner together. Luhan looks so good today with his messy hair and the vest he’s wearing, while Minseok just wears casual clothes, because Minseok’s work time has ended earlier than Luhan’s.

 

-Fine, hmm. There’s a new student in my class. – Said Minseok while putting the slices of beef onto the grill.

 

-Oh, is the kid OK?

 

The Soju is coming and Luhan starts to pour it into two cups.

 

-Good, he has a beautiful smile and a bright face, and tall. I can’t believe that he’s 13 years old and he’s taller than me, even you. – Minseok giggles while saying that.

 

-Wow, maybe he can be a good star in the future. Then you will be famous for your teaching. Hey, let’s eat. The beef is quite fine now.

 

They start eating and Luhan keeps talking about his work today, the people he met. Minseok is chewing, nodding and listening at the same time but saying nothing at all. Luhan looks so happy every time he mentions about his work, he loves his work more than anything else.

 

-Ah, beside, the company sends me back to Beijing for a couple days. I will go tomorrow morning.

 

Luhan said while finishing his cup of Soju.

 

-Oh, really? Should I consider it as good news for you?

 

-Yeah, I think so. So long did I come back to my hometown, maybe this is a good chance. But are you OK living alone? – Luhan asks without looking up to Minseok.

 

He wishes Luhan do look up at him to show his caring, but Luhan didn’t. Luhan doesn’t care, he’s just asking as a procedure.

 

-I’ll be fine. I’m old Luhan, older than you. – Something smells so sad here.

 

-Just a month it doesn’t count. Well, I’m glad to hear that. Your face always makes me confuse about your age. – He chuckles.

 

Minseok says nothing. This is the first time Luhan will be going oversea since the day he took the job. If this going goes well means Luhan will be sent to work oversea more and more, and it means Luhan will hardly stay home with Minseok, and this isn’t funny, or good at all, to someone.

 

Minseok doesn’t know what to say more, just keeps chewing the slice of beef in his mouth. The taste is so good, but why he can even fake a smile?

 

 

 

 

 

They go home when both of them are all drunk like dead, but Minseok is still awake while Luhan already fall in a sleep. Minseok walks slowly carrying Luhan by his side. Luhan’s side profile looks really good, his charming collarbone and his unclose lips make everything ier. Even think about it make Minseok feels so hot inside, his face turns to red without him noticing it.

 

When they arrive at the dorm, Minseok is about to let Luhan down on his bed, suddenly Luhan grabs Minseok’s arm and says something in his sleep.

 

-Jieun ah… Stay…

 

This shocks Minseok a little bit; he freezes at Luhan for a while and then finally puts Luhan down. Jieun, how can it be a guy name? Luhan meets a girl? And stay? What is this supposed to mean?

 

Minseok starts to think back to what happened, what if the Beijing trip is just an excuse, actually Luhan is going on a private vacation with a long legs girl names Jieun? Even this is just a theory but it breaks Minseok’s heart.

 

But he knows this thing will come sooner or later, he wonders why he can’t tell Luhan about his feeling sooner, maybe just to know the result. This is so bad, Minseok failed to take back his tears.

 

But after all, Minseok starts to packing things up for the sleeping Luhan, at least that Jieun can never do this since she’s not living with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The morning Minseok wakes up, Luhan is already gone.

 

With Jieun, maybe.

 

But this thought doesn’t help much; Minseok decides to prepare himself to go to work. People, even if they are down to their depression, still need to work to make money for their own.

 

Minseok comes to his class early and he sees the new young kid, he arrives early too, and he seems happy to see Minseok.

 

-Hello Minseok-nim. – He said in such happy voice.

 

-Hi there Kris, why are you here so early? Have you had breakfast yet? – Minseok said while taking off his jacket.

 

-Nope…

 

This boy, always say things with a big smile even it’s nothing fun to laugh on. Minseok notice his gummy, but well it doesn’t take much attention from people since his face is so beautiful people can hardly notice about his gummy showing off whenever he smiles.

 

-Do you want to go out to have breakfast with me since there are still about 30 minutes more till the class starts.

 

-Oh? Sure! I’d love to!

 

Kris is really tall, when they walk together the other teachers think they are friends or something, this makes Kris laugh so hard, and he seems enjoy hearing it, but Minseok doesn’t, he doesn’t mind about it either cause he’s already used to it.

 

-Minseok-nim, are you sure you are 23? I can’t see that. – Kris said while drinking his milk cup.

 

-Why I have to lie about my age people wouldn’t believe me either.

 

-But you are really young, I mean, you can get taller?

 

-Nope, but you can. – This hurts, imagine one day his student might taller than him makes Minseok feels rather shy.

 

-Yes, I hope so too. My mom said I can grow taller and I can be a super model or something.

 

-Or a singer, as you can say. –Minseok continues his student’s sentence.

 

-You really think so Minseok-nim?  - Kris’s eyes open as big as they can. He seems very excited about being a singer than a super model.

 

-You are talented. Your voice is good.

 

-Really? So can you train me to be a singer? – Now Kris totally stops his eating and keeps asking Minseok about his singing career while Minseok just wants to focus on his fried meat dish.

 

-OK OK, just finish your dish we must go back soon.

 

-Thank you Minseok-nim. I’ll be your loyal student, believe me, master.

 

It makes Minseok chuckles. Kris is so funny and cute like a kid, the way he smiles somehow remind Minseok to Luhan, but then he realizes that no one can have Luhan’s smile, no one but Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

After the class finishes, Kris begs Minseok to let him go to Minseok’s house for more practices. Minseok really wants to reject the younger boy, but in the end he says yes. This makes Kris feel even more than happy, he keeps smiling all the time following Minseok to his home.

 

-Take a seat; I’ll get you something to drink. – Minseok puts his bag down on the couch and asks Kris to sit there and wait.

 

While Minseok is preparing some tea, he hears the voice behind him.

 

-Can I help you? I don’t want to just sit their and doing nothing.

 

-Hmm… sure! Can you get me the cups in the shelf?

 

Minseok feels a little awkward, but then he refuses to pay attention to it. Kris is still a young kid maybe he just wants to help.

 

-It smells good, the tea. Hmm… you live here alone?

 

Kris suddenly asks when they are drinking tea, and this takes Minseok back a little.

 

-No? I live with my friend but now he’s not here.

 

-Oh, boyfriend?

 

What is this kid thinking about? This is such a straight question ever.

 

-No, of course, just friends.

 

Minseok denies it right away he doesn’t know that his face is getting redder.

 

And Kris notices that, so he smiles.

 

-Can you teach me now? I’m starving to study already.

 

-OK, sure!

 

Minseok takes away the cups and then show Kris to his room, where he has a guitar there. Minseok takes it and starts to play some notes.

 

-Sing after me OK? – Said Minseok to the tall guy standing in front of him.

 

-Do~ Re~ Mi~ Fa~ Sol~ La~ Sil~ Do~

 

-Do~ Re~ Mi~ Fa~ Sol~…..

 

No more sounds to be heard, because right there, the taller boy is putting his lips against his teacher. This makes the teacher goes shock, he almost drops the guitar but then he holds it back cause the guitar is really expensive, and it’s a gift from Luhan also. But this kiss is so wrong, Minseok tries to push the younger away but Kris is so strong. Hey, this is even not a kiss it’s just a lips-touch, not even a big deal.

 

Finally Kris lets Minseok out since they are all out of breath. Kris takes the guitar away from Minseok and then prepares to hold him back into another deep kiss.

 

-Minseok-nim, I want you…

 

But no sooner than Kris does what he plans, Minseok pushes him tougher and makes his way out. His face is so red like pepper now; he doesn’t know how to solve this thing.

 

-Stop. Respect me I’m your teacher, not friend.

 

-Why? –Kris asks, moves closer to the shorter man.

 

-Stop Kris, this isn’t help… Kris! – Minseok can hardly say anything more since their lips touch again and this time, all he can think about is Luhan, Luhan is everywhere.

 

-St..Stop!! I have another… another guy…

 

This is actually works, Kris stops right away.

 

-What did you just say?

 

-I told you, I have another guy in my heart already so please… don’t…

 

Minseok said while catching his breath, he touches his lips and feels distinguish for what he’s just done, in his room. How can he face Luhan now?

 

Ah no, Luhan is with Jieun already, even though Minseok doesn’t know who is Jieun.

 

-Another? It’s your roommate right? But he doesn’t even here? Just have fun with me, Minseok-nim! – Kris said, sitting on Minseok’s bed, he’s still so young why he has such thoughts like this.

 

-This is not fun Kris, I can’t.

 

Suddenly, the bell rings.

 

-Who is it? – Minseok shouts out.

 

-Minseok? It’s me Luhan. I’m back from Beijing. They said my work is done there even just for some hours. I got paid. – It’s Luhan’s voice, it’s his happy voice and he’s coming back. He’s home.

 

Minseok looks in panic and he doesn’t know how to solve this, while Kris just sitting there and smirks.

 

-Minseok-nim. Do you want to know the result?

 

Minseok freezes. What does it mean? Result? Is it the result Minseok has always been seeking for?

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                           

 

 


--------------------

 

 

 

Haha, enjoy :P