Four

Make Me See It Again

Chapter Four { I'll Be Okay }
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmPHLJePFQ
Ailee - I'll Be Okay

Hanwol sighed as she clutched her books closer to her chest. It’s been a few weeks since she’s last seen the twelve boys, and she was planning to keep it that way.

For one, she didn’t need any the attention of jealous fangirls and the large of amount of hate letters and bullying. Two, it was ridiculous to her that she was even allowed to be seen with her, considering the social pyramid of her school. Three, she just couldn’t stand to see him, utterly clueless of the past and giving her the smile that she adored when she was younger. “Should I just transfer schools?” she whispered to herself before her ear pricked up on the sound of running in her direction. She slightly panicked when a familiar voice shouted her name and immediately began to run to her classroom.

“What just happened?” Chanyeol asked as confusion was apparent on his face as he stared at the spot Hanwol just stood at.

“She’s avoiding us, isn’t she?” Baekhyun asked, sighing as he shook his head.

“Well, if she doesn’t want to get killed by fangirls and bullied, then I think that would be the only thing she would consider,” Kyungsoo pointed out, though the tone of his voice was laced with disappointment as well.

-

She sat at the rooftop again that day, slightly comforted by the way the warm wind blew through her hair. Folding her arms and pulling her knees up to her chest, she placed her chin on her arms, staring at nothing in particular as she tuned out everything. Burying her face into the space between her arms and her chest, she quietly whimpered to herself, mentally hitting herself for letting herself fall into this situation. “The idea of transferring is really tempting right now,” she thought, sniffling as she kept her tears in.

“Is everything alright?”

The sudden voice caused her to flinch and snap her head up towards the intruder, eyes widening as her gaze landed on the boy in front of her. “Hanwol?” Minseok asked, waving a hand in front of her face. He frowned, concern showing on his face, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” she quietly said, burying her face into her arms again, “I just kind of wanted to be alone.”

“Oh.” It was quiet as he mentally contemplated whether or not he should leave or ask her if she wanted to talk about it. Hanwol decided speak up, “Did you need something?”

“I was just wondering…” he trailed off, not meaning to pry about her best friend, but it seemed that she knew what he wanted to talk about. She sighed, “What did you want to know?”

“You two were really close, weren’t you?” he questioned curiously, receiving a nod, “Yeah. He was like the brother I’ve always wanted.” He nodded, not knowing what to say. It was quiet again, but they slightly enjoyed it in each other’s presence; it wasn’t awkward, but there were so many things that had to be said.

-

Minseok arrived home a bit later than the others because of his stay on the rooftop with Hanwol. Once he got home, he was bombarded with questions.

“Where have you been?”

“Were you with Hanwol?”

“Why’d you get home so late?”

“I think she resembles your childhood friend that you kept talking about before.”

Though the last statement wasn’t a question, it was the only one that caught the others attention as they looked at Chen. The latter stared back, shrugging, “Am I wrong?”

“I don’t think so,” Minseok replied, rubbing the back of his head with a concentrated frown. Sehun held his hand up, catching their attention, “What childhood friend?”

“Minseok hyung’s friend from when he was younger,” Chen replied, “He has a picture of her somewhere with his stuff.” The mentioned male gave a slight glare to the younger boy before sighing, “I guess I’ll go get it. You all are going to make me get it anyways.” He walked to their room with the others trailing behind him, whispering about his childhood friend.

“Here is it,” Minseok stated when he found it, hearing the sounds of running feet as the boy rushed over to see the old photograph. “Aw, you guys were adorable,” Baekhyun cooed, grinning.

“She does kind of resemble Hanwol in a way,” Luhan pointed out. The eldest took a closer look at the photo, a soft smile on his face as he went back into memories with the two of them.

Now that they mentioned it, they did look a bit similar, and they both had the habit of fiddling with their hair behind their back whenever she got nervous or timid.

“Maybe,” Minseok nodded slowly, “Just maybe.”

I might’ve found you again after all.

author's notes
UniquelyYours-- signing in. I just couldn't wait to update tomorrow, so here you go~ I hope it was alright. ><
Please excuse any spelling/grammar mistakes.
Have you guys heard 'Growl' yet? Ah~ They're all so adorable! The song is really nice, and I really want to learn the dance. What do you think of it? c:
On other news, a new story will be making its appearance soon, though it won't be updated frequently until I finish this story first. Please look forward to it! ^^v
UniquelyYours-- signing off.

 

» layout credit