Chapter 25

Destined To Love You

 

Upon reaching busan, the whole group of them got very excited. They anxiously got off the bus, unload their luggages and went into the villa.
 
"Wow! The is amazing!" Jessica exclaimed.
 
The first thing they saw when they enter was the big and beautiful swimming pool, and beach chairs. Followed by a big gazebo with table and high chairs, filled with lots of different alcoholic drinks. 
 
"It's such a nice place to chill! Not to mention... The alcoholic drinks!" Sunny, the alcohol lover said.
 
"Indeed!" Tiffany seconded.
 
"Where's the barbecue pit?" Hyoyeon asked.
 
"It's a portable one, so it's being kept indoor. Only when it's needed, then we'll bring it out." Yonghwa explained.
 
"Ooo. I can't wait to have dinner tonight!" Sooyoung shouted and gleamed. 
 
"Yea, yea shikshin, we know your love for food, but you don't have to hurt our ear drums!" Jessica said and stared at Sooyoung.
 
"Opps, mian~" Sooyoung apologised.
 
"Alright everyone, now I'll allocate the rooms then after that we can all change and get ready for the activities Yuri has planned." Yonghwa said.
 
"Deh!" They answered.
 
"Since the girls wants to sleep together, you can have the master bedroom at the third level, it should be spacious enough for all of you to fit in. As for the guys, I have 5 rooms left, you can choose to partner up or sleep alone. Tell me your decision and I'll allocate the rooms."
 
"Gomawo Yonghwa, and sorry for the trouble." Taeyeon said.
 
"No worries, I hope you'll enjoy the stay." Yonghwa replied.
 
"Definetely!" 
 
Yonghwa led the girls to their room while the guys discuss who to share the room with.
 
"Wow! We can definetely fit in this room! It's huge!" Yoona exclaimed.
 
"Yes! Just the bed can fit 3 of us. Not to mention the sofa bed at the side and also, the remaining floor space." Sunny stated.
 
"So.. 3 on the bed, 2 on the sofa bed... Remaining 4 on the floor with sleeping bag. Just nice! MAKNAES~" Hyoyeon analysed and smiled.
 
"ANDWAE! It's so unfair! Why us?" Sooyoung rebutted.
 
"Because we're older and you're younger." Jessica defended.
 
"That makes sense, but why me as well? I'm the same age as you all." Yuri complained.
 
"If you arrange according to the months, you're younger than us, that's why you're joining the maknaes." Tiffany concluded.
 
"Why not let's draw lots? That way, no one will complain if they're sleeping on the floor." Yoona suggested.
 
"Call!" Sooyoung, Yuri shouted.
 
"Must we? You know unnie-deul will have backache if we sleep on the floor." Taeyeon asked with aegyo.
 
"Unnie~ we will also suffer backache if we sleep on the floor, what makes you think we won't?" Seohyun said.
 
"Alright girls, you don't have to fight for the bed. No one is going to sleep on the floor. I have 3 foldable mattress and if you join them together, it can fit 4 of you. Plus, if you add the sleeping bag you brought, no one will suffer backache." Yonghwa explained before he left to find the guys.
 
"Ahh... Alright then, we'll sleep on that, unnies." Sooyoung finally agreed.
 
"Neh, kamsahabnida maknaes!" Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Tiffany beamed with pleasure before laying down on the bed/sofa bed.
 
––––
 
The guys side...
 
"Hey Yonghwa! We've decided." Leeteuk said.
 
"Yea, so who's sharing with who?"
 
"Jungshin and Minhyuk will share a room." 
 
"Jonghyun and Minho."
 
"Siwon and Donghae."
 
"Nickhun and I will share a room, and you can have 1 to yourself."
 
"Yea? I don't mind sharing, Leeteuk you can have a room to yourself."
 
"It's alright, you're the owner and host, we are very thankful for providing the villa. So please show us our rooms so that we can change and get ready."
 
"Arasseo. Let's go!"
 
Yonghwa showed the guys their rooms, which is located on the second level. 
 
After changing into t-shirt and bermudas, the guys came down and waited for the girls.
 
––––
 
12pm
 
"So what are we going to do now?" Minho asked.
 
"We're going to haeundae market, which is 3 minutes away from haeundae beach, to have lunch, have a short walk at the beach, and most importantly, getting the ingredients needed for our dinner!" Taeyeon explained.
 
"How are we getting there? Is it near?" Nickhun asked.
 
"It's quite near, takes about 5 minutes to walk there." Yonghwa said.
 
"Ok! Let's walk there to have lunch! I'm hungry! Can't wait to have my dwejji gukbab!" Jonghyun shouted excitedly.
 
"Is he always like that? He sounded like our shikshin." Yuri whispered.
 
"Sometimes... Don't let his looks fool you." Yoona answered.
 
––––
 
Haeundae market...
 
"Woah! There's so much to eat! Let's start from street food!" Sooyoung exclaimed and ran to the stall, leaving the others behind.
 
"Ahjumonim, Can I have seafood twigim and odeng." 
 
While the ahjuma was preparing the food, Sooyoung ran to the next stall to get more food.
 
"One Hoddeok please!" 
 
"Sooyoung, seems like you did your research before comingbusan, but aren't you going to eat at the restaurant?" Yonghwa asked, unaware of the shikshin's power.
 
"Of course I am going to eat with you all!" 
 
"But... I don't think you can finish eating one portion by yourself if you continue buying street food as we walk."
 
"Ohhh. Don't worry about me, you'll see later."
 
––––
 
At the restaurant...
 
"Ahjuma, two dwejji gukbab, one bok guk, two bibim dangmyeon, two dongnae pajeon, two busan milmyeon, one busan seafood soup and ten bowls of rice. That's all for now." Yonghwa ordered the busan specialty.
 
"And if you can still eat after this, you should try the hoddeok and odeng at the street stall, it's also busan's specialty."
 
"Deh! Can't wait for our lunch!" Jungshin said.
 
"Ok, while waiting for lunch, we can use this time to plan for our dinner. What to eat and the ingredients needed." Tiffany suggested.
 
"Neh, since we have the barbecue pit, we can have samgyeopsal, oyster, scallop and BBQ squid!" Yoona said and felt excited for the upcoming dinner.
 
"We can also have italian dishes like spaghetti or steak since there's wine and alcohol." Sunny suggested.
 
"Alright, so... Shall we decide on having seafood spaghetti, samgyeopsal, oyster, scallop and squid? Steak's a little troublesome since we can't have it cooked altogether due to the different kinds of steak we all want." Leeteuk proposed.
 
"Deh!" They all agreed.
 
"Since we're at Busan, it's easy to get seafood! And I'm sure it's fresh!" Jessica said.
 
"Yeah, and if what we need isn't available, I can drive to Jagalchi Market to get the ingredients, the market has got lots of seafood freshly caught from the sea." Yonghwa said while the food is being served.
 
After much thought, they've decided that Taeyeon and Leeteuk will get the meat and sauce needed, Yoona and Jonghyun will get the ingredients needed for spaghetti and Seohyun and Yonghwa will get the seafood from Jagalchi Market. The rest of them can spend their time at the beach or visit other parts of busan.
 
After lunch, they went to the beach to have a walk since they had too much food. Yonghwa was amazed when he saw the amount of food Sooyoung consumed and the rest who already knew, chuckled at his reaction.
 
––––
 
Haeundae beach...
 
Everyone decided that they will spend this time with their partner since they didn't really have much twosome time.
 
 
Yongseo side...
 
"Yong~ thanks for everything! You must be tired... Let's sit down so I can give you a massage."
 
"Aniya, it's ok, I'm not tired. I had a fun time with your unnies and hyungs. Thank you for introducing them to me. All I did for the past 2 years was work and more work. I've long forgotten how it was like to spend time with friends and just relax and enjoy."
 
"Oppa himnae!" Seohyun cheered and gave Yonghwa a hug.
 
"Gomawo Hyun~ I feel so bliss! Now let's take a walk along the beach to help in digestion. I've had so much food just now... I don't think I'll be hungry later on."
 
"Nado!" Seohyun chuckled.
 
Yonghwa and Seohyun walked along the beach, hand in hand, enjoying the summer breeze made them feel thankful for being together in a relationship.
 
When they stopped near the sea, Yonghwa back hugged Seohyun and leaned his head on her shoulders, "I'm so glad you're my girlfriend. Saranghaeyo Hyun~"
 
"Nado, saranghaeyo Yong~"
 
They stayed in that position, enjoying the waves hitting on the shore, rinsing their feet as it does that before the choding Yonghwa acted out again. He suddenly pushed Seohyun toward the sea and got her partially wet. Not being able to admit defeat, Seohyun started splashing water at Yonghwa.
 
While having their water war, Seohyun didn't realised that her sandal got washed out by the waves and ended up with only 1 sandal left.
 
"Mianhe Hyun~ I got your sandal washed away."
 
"Kwenchana oppa, we can always buy new sandals. I enjoyed playing in the sea. I was too engrossed playing that I didn't realised I lost 1 sandal. Keke."
 
"Let's get home to change and get the ingredients. I don't want you to fall sick."
 
"Deh Yong~ it's getting late. Let's go!"
 
Yonghwa squatted in front of Seohyun.
 
"Oppa, what are you doing?"
 
"Piggy backing you home of course. How are you going to walk home without your sandal? Moreover, we are both wet and cold. With you behind my back will make us feel warmer."
 
"But... I can still walk.. I.. I'm heavy "
 
"Come on, get on my back, now. Can't I piggyback my girlfriend home?"
 
"Do I really have to?"
 
"Yes! Hurry, it's embarrassing squatting down with you not getting on my back."
 
"Arasseo, gomawo Yong~"
 
Although Seohyun appreciate at love Yonghwa's sweetness, she still blush when she first got on Yonghwa's back as this was the most intimate moment they had, other than hugging. His hands were on her thighs, making her feel uncomfortable and she was feeling conscious of her weight. 
 
"Oppa, put me down, look at you perspiring... I'm heavy and I can still walk on my own."
 
"Ani, you're not heavy at all. I'm perspiring because the weather is hot. Let me carry you till we reach home."
 
"Aigoo... Arasseo, do it your way then." Seohyun sighed and cleaned Yonghwa's perspiration. 
 
"Gomawo Yong~" Seohyun whispered and gave Yonghwa a kiss on his cheek.
 
––––
 
JongYoon side...
 
"Walking along this beach reminds me of how we first met."
 
"Yes, it does. Destiny really plays an important part."
 
"Yeah! I didn't think I would see you again that soon..."
 
 
Flashback...
 
Yoona, Sunny and Minhyuk had planned a 2 day 1 night trip to Busan but due to Minhyuk falling sick, Sunny stayed in Seoul to take care of him, leaving Yoona alone.
 
"Sorry Yoong, we can't make it for the trip, Minhyuk is sick, I have to take care of him."
 
"Unnie, you mean... I have to go alone?"
 
"Emmm.... Yes. I'm sorry. Why not ask hyunnie along since the accommodation has been booked."
 
"You know how studious hyunnie is. She won't go for sure since her exams are nearing. Sigh... It's not like you wanted Minhyuk to fall sick.. I guess.. I just have to enjoy the trip by myself."
 
"Mianhe, Jinjja mianhe. But who knows... Maybe you'll meet a hot guy on your trip."
 
"Who knows... Maybe I'll even find a boyfriend there. Keke"
 
"Oh ya Yoong, if there's anything you need help with, you can contact Minhyuk's friend, Jonghyun. I'll send you his contact."
 
"Unnie kwenchana. I'm old enough to take care of myself and I don't want to trouble anyone. The hotel is very near Haeundae Beach, I'm sure I won't have trouble finding entertainment or help there."
 
"Arasseo, if you need anything, just give me a call, arachi?"
 
"Neh unnie. I'll see you when I'm back!"
 
"Ok, take good care of yourself and enjoy the trip!"
 
"Neh, I will!"
 
On the other hand, Jonghyun was alone, strolling along Haeundae Beach as Minhyuk, who wanted Jonghyun to bring him and his friends around Busan wasn't able to turn up. He was walking and enjoying the breeze when his tummy decided to rumble.
 
"Hmmm, I've been craving for jokbal and wanted to bring hyukie and his friends to try the Busan's famous jokbal..."
 
"Who says one can't enjoy jokbal by himself." Jonghyun muttered before heading toward Hannyang Jokbal.
 
While deciding to have nangchae jokbal (cold) or jokbal (steamed), Yoona enter the restaurant and sat at the table next to Jonghyun.
 
'Such a pretty looking lady, I wonder why she's alone.'
 
"I heard their nangchae jokbal and jokbal is famous and I've been wanting to try both... But.. How can I finish two portions of pig feet..." Yoona mumbled.
 
"Ermm.. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I'm also facing the same situation. I want to have nangchae jokbal and jokbal but I'm sure I can't finish them. How about... We share it together?" Jonghyun proposed.
 
"Sure, why not? That way, I get to try both dish and won't have to waste food and money!" 
 
 "Rights, I'm Jonghyun, nice meeting you."
 
"Yoona imnida, nice meeting you too."
 
"May I ask... Why are you here alone?"
 
"Ohh.. I didn't plan to come alone. It's just that my unnie's boyfriend fell sick and they couldn't come, so I decided to continue with my trip alone. I've heard of this famous jokbal restaurant and been wanting to try it. So... here I am, waiting for the ahjuma to serve their famous jokbal. What about you? Why are you alone?"
 
"Hahas, pretty much the same as you. I was planning to bring my friend and his friends to sightsee Busan and try famous local food, but he ended up sick, thus leaving me alone."
 
"Ohh., we're in the same boat then. Keke"
 
"Yups! Since you're alone and have not been to Busan, do you want me to bring you around?"
 
"Wow.. Is that possible? I mean.. Will it be of much trouble?"
 
"Nope, no troubles at all. It's my pleasure! D you have any place you want to visit?"
 
"Actually... I've been wanting to visit Taejongdae and Haedong Yonggungsa Temple."
 
"Ahh.. Nice choice! But.. You do know that this 2 places are at the opposite ends right? It's not possible to visit both places on the same day."
 
"Ohhh.. Is it."
 
"How long do you plan to stay in Busan?"
 
"2 days, I'll be leaving tomorrow."
 
"What time are you leaving then?"
 
"I'm taking the 9pm KTX back to Seoul."
 
"How coincident! I'm also taking that train back to Seoul!"
 
"Eh? Aren't.. Aren't you staying in Busan?"
 
"I was, until I graduated from high school and have been working in Seoul."
 
"How long have you been working? You seem young..."
 
"2 years going 3. I'm born in 1990. What about you?"
 
"I'm also born in 1990!"
 
"So.. We're same age. Wow! That's nice!"
 
"Yes indeed."
 
"Since you're staying till tomorrow night, we can visit those 2 places you mentioned within these 2 days."
 
"Jinjja?! Daebak!"
 
"Yes, so.. Where do you want to visit first?"
 
"I want to visit Taejongdae first. Since we're having jokbal, we'll have lots of energy to climb the to the cliff from the observatory."
 
"Arasseo, let's do that when we're done eating."
 
"Kamsahabnida!"
 
"It's alright to use Banmal, we are of the same age, remember?"
 
"Neh, gomawo!"
 
––––
 
After enjoying the lunch, Jonghyun drove Yoona to Taejongdae.
 
"You're working in Seoul right? So how did you get a car here?"
 
"I borrowed from my dad so that I can drive my friend around for sightseeing. Although he didn't turn up, I'm glad I met you."
 
"Ahh.. Deh." Yoona answered and blushed. 
 
'Omo, why are you turning red? Stop that! He's just being nice because you're alone in a foreign place.'
 
Yoona and Jonghyun continued walking in silence until they saw the Nurabi Train.
 
"Since you drove us here, I'll treat you a ride on the train to the observatory."
 
"Alright then, gomawo!"
 
"Ani, I should be the one thanking you. For accompanying me and touring me around."
 
Yoona went to buy the tickets for the train ride and they queued to ride it to the observatory stop.
 
"Wow! The view's magnificent! I can't wait to see it from the cliff!" Yoona said while viewing from the observatory.
 
"Are you ready?"
 
"Neh!"
 
"It's a 2 hours climb of steps, let's get a bottle of water first."
 
"Arasseo"
 
Yoona and Jonghyun started climbing, up and down the steps, just to get the magnificent view from the cliff, which was recommended by many who came to Taejongdae.
 
After 1 hour...
 
"Jonghyun, can I some water please? Let's take a short break before continuing, can we?"
 
"Sure, rest s long as you need, the view here is also very pretty. And the sea breeze is so relaxing!"
 
"Yes, whenever I hear the waves hitting the rocks, I feel very calm." Yoona said, closed her eyes and took in deep breaths.
 
'What a lovely sight! She's cute and outgoing! What... What am I feeling now? Why the irregular heartbeat?'
 
Yoona opened her eyes and saw the flushing red Jonghyun, "are you alright? Are you suffering from het or what?"
 
"Ani, I'm alright, just a little warm."
 
"Let's rest for a little more then."
 
"Neh."
 
30 minutes later...
 
Yoona was dragging her feet, and perspiring profusely due to the warm weather. She was so concentrated in wiping off her perspiration that she didn't see her steps well. She tripped and almost tumble down the stairs if not for Jonghyun's fast reflex.
 
"Kwenchana? Let's rest for a while before continuing."
 
"Kwenchana, thanks for holding me."
 
"You're welcome." Jonghyun said and took out a tissue from his pocket to help Yoona clean her perspiration.
 
"Ahh.. Thanks... I can do it myself..."
 
"It's ok, let me help you." 
 
"Gomawo." Yoona thanked Jonghyun before brushing his fringe that was covering his eyes due to the wind.
 
"Gomawo." Jonghyun said and look at Yoona.
 
'Whats this weird feeling that I'm experiencing? Why am I not pushing him away when he offered to help...'
 
'She's so gentle and pretty. What's with me being so touchy with her...'
 
"Erm.. I think we are ready to proceed." Yoona broke the silence.
 
"Eh, yea. Let's go." Jonghyun said and held onto Yoona's arm.
 
"I.. I can walk by myself."
 
"I don't want you to trip and fall, so I'll hold onto you. Let's go, we are reaching the cliff soon."
 
"Arasseo, gomawo." Yoona said and blushed. She could feel her heart beating rapidly against her chest, the butterflies in her tummy, and her face flushing red.
 
'Is this... What unnie-deul meant by love?'
 
Shortly after, they reached the cliff. The view was magnificent, the breeze was great, the smell of the salty sea and the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks made Yoona closed her eyes to enjoy it.
 
"Hey, be careful! You won't want to fall from the cliff right? If you want to enjoy it, let's take a seat there."
 
"Ok! This is daebak! I'm so going to tell unnie about what she had missed." Yoona grinned.
 
"Yes, hyukie's gonna be so happy if he knows what happened today."
 
"Huh? You were saying?..."
 
"Nothing, let's just sit here and relax for a bit!" 
 
"Neh!"
 
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
 
“You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.”
Barbara DeAngelis Author
 
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
 
Some food introduction in Busan. If you're going there, you can go try those food! 
 
Short yongseo moment and how JongYoon met.
 
Will continue JongYoon's part soon! 
 
Hope you'll like it! Sorry for the long wait.
 
I love my new poster!! what about you?