stay with us~

lets live having fun

For a household of teenage boys the kitchen was actually relatively clean. The rice maker was already lit up and working on the grains. There was an arrangement of vegetables laying next to a cutting board, a zucchini half cut. There was already some chicken sizzling in the pan on low heat, to which Yoongi approached. It looked like they were making bibimbap for supper, which worked just fine for you. You knew your way around a kitchen, cooking was something you enjoyed, so you didn't mind helping. Slipping the pink elastic from around your wrist, you gathered all your hair into a high bun and secured it with a few twists of the band. You stepped over to the sink and washed your hands quickly, drying them off on a nearby towel. "Okay!' you said clapping your hands together, "What do you want me to do, Yoongi?" you asked with a soft smile. He pivoted on the ball of his heel to face you, crossing his arms. "I'm just 'Yoongi' now?" he frowned. The corners of your lips tugged upward, they had been doing that an awful lot lately. You intertwined your own hands at your front and swayed back and forth, "Sorry oppa~" you answered in a sing song voice mustering all the aegyo you could. For a foreigner you were pretty damn good at it. The apples of Yoongi's cheeks immediately went through a gradient of white to red, bringing out a pink hue to your own. Success.

Skipping over to his side you looked up at him, he still seemed to be a little stunned. Mentally you cheered, 'now you know how it feels'. Yoongi cleared his throat regaining his composure, "Yeah, thats better," he mumbled willing away the rosiness of his face. He looked at the array of ingredients splayed over the kitchen counters, his brows furrowing. "Oppa… do you not know how to cook?" you questioned while studying his expression. He bit his lip and shrugged at you cutely, smirking. You shook your head, grinning, and guided him to the cooking chicken. "Move it around until it looks nice and golden, if it turns black you've cooked it too long," you instructed before manning the cutting board. You sliced up the vegetables swiftly, picking up the cutting board to transfer them into Yoongi's pan. He didn't move aside, which left you standing very closely while you coaxed the veggies into the pan, not that you minded much. "There… Now we just need some salt.." you trailed off, Yoongi pointed at the cabinet above the stove answering your unasked question. "Thanks," you chimed reaching for the little door. It was just out of your reach. You jumped up onto your tip toes, just barely opening the door with the tips of your fingers. Why was the salt so high up anyway? After a few attempts you worked the salt to the edge of the cupboard, putting it in your reach. With a little hop you ceased the pesky shaker, in the process losing your balance. Well .

You come down hard on the side of your foot unevenly, resulting in a squeak of pain, sending you down to the floor. You squeezed your eyes tightly shut bracing for impact. However, you didn't hit the floor. Instead you landed on something softer with an 'oof'. Experimentally you peer through one of your eyes. So you hadn't landed on the floor, rather you were now atop Yoongi. Your head was nestled nicely against his chest, salt shaker clutched against your core in one hand, the other was wrapped around his rib cage securely. Not only were you holding onto him, but his arms were wound around you protectively. He must have grabbed you and thrown himself onto the ground instead, therefore breaking your fall. His heart was hammering against your ear. You were laying on top of him. He was holding you. Your bodies were literally pressed up against one another. It felt like your heart was going to burst out of you any minute.

Slowly you raised your chin as to get a look into his face. Yoongi's eyes were shut and his face was placid. It gave you a sense of relief, at least he hadn't hurt himself. In response to your movement, his grip around you tightened and pulled you into the crook of his neck. Yoongi nuzzled into the top of your head gently, sporting a dreamy smile. Eyes fluttering closed you relaxed into him, warmth seeping into your body from any point of contact you shared. The two of you were having some sort of mutual unspoken understanding. In that moment you had a glimpse into the idea that maybe as much as you liked him, maybe, JUST maybe, he also had feelings for you as well. Allowing yourself to sink into the concept you let out a sigh of content, when someone came barreling down the hallway. "Hyung, Noona, are you okay? Did you drop some-" the voice stopped abruptly. You lifted your head to see a dazed Jungguk gaping down at you and Yoongi.

Yoongi's eyes snapped open and he immediately lifted you upward. The two of you stammered to your feet. A twinge of pain shot up your leg from your left ankle, the one you had so poorly landed on. Wincing you put all of your weight onto your right foot. "How badly hurt is it?" came a concerned Yoongi, dipping his head to meet your eyes with his own. Jungguk, still in a state of shock, neared you. "Noona are you okay? What happened?" Yoongi slipped an arm underneath your left side for support, Jungguk appeared at your right side doing the same. "I must have twisted it," you said timidly and swallowed. Your ankle was now throbbing sorely, claiming most of your attention. "I.. f-fell," you stammered through gritted teeth. You've had your fair share of twisted ankles in life, and this one was no different. The little make shift ambulance, consisting of Yoongi and Jungguk, essentially carried you into the living space where all the others currently were. J-hope jumped to his feet, clearing up a couch for them to set you down on. Five confused faces found your own, but thankfully Yoongi took care of it and explained to them the situation. "Do you need to go to the hospital?" Taehyung asked, now at the edge of the couch hanging on your every movement. You waved your hands as to ward away their worries "No, no. It's only a twisted ankle. It hurts now, but it'll get better when the swelling goes down." Your words have the desired effect but it does nothing to ease the creases that were now in Yoongi's forehead.

"Ah!" you call out remembering the food still on the burner in the kitchen. "The food is still cooking," you mumble and try to shimmy yourself upright. Jin bolts upright and crosses the room to place a hand on your head, keeping you in your seat. "Don't worry, I will take care of it." He flashed you a small smile before leaving to tend to the meal, and calling over his shoulder "Suga, Kookie, come set up the table." Yoongi glances down to you one last time. You offer him a reassuring smile and pat his hand comfortingly. He gets up from his perch on the arm of your couch, Jungguk rises from the floor and shoots Yoongi a strange look. The two make their way over to the table, engaging in a hushed conversation not meant for your ears. Watching them you feel a little uneasy. It most likely had something to do with the compromising situation that Jungguk had just walked in on, but Yoongi was probably explaining it to him now. Judging by his stern facade, Jungguk wasn't completely buying it. Stubborn maknae.

Soon enough you're limping to the dinner table, and enjoying a mouthful of Jin's delicious meal. You had to hand it to the princess, he was really good at cooking. The food tasted absolutely delicious and you were savouring each bite. Then again you were living the life of a college student, so it wasn't very often that you were granted the opportunity to enjoy a full meal like this. The tense air about you was dissipated little by little as the meal carried on. By the end of it you were all laughing and enjoying yourselves. All of you stayed at the table long after the eating was finished. When you glanced up at the clock it read 10:12. You had to be up early the next morning. The apartment complex was undergoing various renovations, meaning that you and Meg had to be out by lunch time tomorrow. You still had to pack a bag of essentials, and book a hotel room. The renovations would be done later the following week. Although you were reluctant to go, you knew it was probably best. "Well.. it's getting late and I have a lot to do tomorrow," you grumbled quietly. "What are you doing tomorrow?" asked J-hope, his face falling a little. You explained the apartment situation to them. They looked among each other exchanging nods, which confused you. Everyone looked to Namjoon who regarded you. "You and your roommate could stay here until your apartment is ready. We have a lot of room and it would save you some money." Everyone was beaming. Your eyes darted amongst the sea of faces, anticipating your answer. You knew that Meg wouldn't mind, actually you knew very well that she would give you an earful if you declined the offer. Besides, your wallet really wasn't ready for the commitment of a hotel room. As you mulled it over you flicked at the middle finger of your right hand with your thumb, a habit you had when you were deep in thought. "If you're sure….Yeah! That would be great~" you grinned at them. They all chanted happily at you, and Namjoon contacted the company to arrange a car for pickup tomorrow. Things just keep getting better and better.

You wobbled to the door, bidding your goodbyes and exchanging hugs with the many members. J-hope ruffled your hair lovingly, "See you later wife~" he said playfully earning a few fists to the arm. Yoongi offered to walk you down to the lobby, where a familiar black van was waiting for you. Supporting you he led you to the elevator, pressing the lobby floor. You stifled a yawn and let your head rest on his shoulder. Yoongi sighed happily and softly. You took it as permission to stay like that. Since your little moment in the kitchen it was a lot easier to be close to him. It was obvious he felt it too because he had laid his chin atop your head. It was strange how in less than a minute you two could have established such a relationship without words. All you did was fall, and he caught you. Your stomach was full of butterflies, your cheeks were a a pale pink. Maybe you needed to fall more often. The elevator chimed at you, announcing your arrival at ground level, and the metal doors opened. Yoongi guided you out into the abandoned lobby. He stopped in front of the tinted glass doors and turned to face you, his hand gliding down your back and settling on your waist. "Thank you for coming," he said with a mellow smile. "I'm really glad you invited me," you replied softly. He paused, just looking at you, before closing the distance between you. His free hand came around to your back, pulling you into a strong yet tender hug. Your forehead fits just underneath his chin, actually the two of you fit nicely together. Almost like a puzzle piece. Yoongi holds you for a few seconds and then retracts slightly, just enough to press a delicate kiss to your forehead. You feel your veins fill with electricity, your face was probably the same colour as a stop sign. The muscle pushing the current through your body was working overtime. You could hear your own pulse in your ears. "See you tomorrow, Kelsie," he cooed backing away from you with a flushed smirk. Automatically you bowed at him and back-pedalled out of the lobby into the crisp night air, watching him the whole way out. In the car you replay it over and over and over. He kissed you. Yoongi kissed your forehead. His lips touched you. You ghosted over the phantom kiss with your finger tips, probably looking borderline insane. Kissed. You.