meg the buzzkill

lets live having fun

Meg nearly choked on her toothbrush, sending little turquoise specks of foam splattering across the bathroom mirror. The noise she made was barely even human, actually, it was more reminiscent of a whale. She spat out her toothpaste and wiped , eyes wide in disbelief. "HE WHAT?" she hollered gripping your shoulders firmly. "He kiss-", she cut you off "I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID," she cried before pulling you into a death grip of a hug and bouncing around excitedly. "Meg, let me go, I need air there's more," you wheezed and she immediately released you. "Oh my god, what is it? Do they want to meet me? DOES JIMIN WANT TO MEET ME? COME ON WOMAN I NEED TO KNOW," she was now shaking you by your arms. What a dork. You explained how they had offered you a place to stay while your apartment was under renovations. Eyes nearly popping out of her head the next thing she said came out in a flurry of jumbled words, "Namjoon literally asked you this? He physically used his mouth and vocal chords to ask you? Is this some crude joke? Because I swear Kelsie so help me if you're lying," she growled as menacingly as possible through a painfully wide smile that was forming on her lips. She pulled you back into another bear hug, you both danced about happily. When she was done assaulting you she pulled back a sighed. "It's like some cheesy drama or something.. Jimin better fall in love with me,"  she frowned. That girl had been reading way too many online fan made stories for her own good. 

After forcing some painkillers into you, Meg carried you to your room and stacked up some pillows at the foot of the bed for your ankle. She wrapped it to help ease your injury. "I packed my bag while you were out, you'll just have to get stuff together tomorrow morning," she notified you while she tucked you in. The two of you had been best friends for so long, she was like your sister. You both took good care of each other. "I'll wake you up?" she asked brushing a strand of your hair from your face. You nodded, "Na night~" you sung at her as she walked out of the room. It didn't take long for sleep to find you. Soon enough you were drifting into unconsciousness. The only thought in your mind was that tomorrow you and your best friend would be moving in with BTS. Even if it was only temporary. You were literally going to live with them. In the same house. Needless to say your dreams were full of Yoongi and happiness that night.

Something was rocking you back and forth by your shoulder. You merely grumbled something incoherent and readjusted your head. A few cold droplets of water landed on your face, causing Meg's face to swim into your vision. "Gotta get packin'," she whispered to you hair dripping. Rising slowly you slumped into a groggy sit and rubbed your eyes. Content with your wakefulness, Meg danced out of the room. Promptly the hair dryer fired up from her bedroom. You shimmied to the edge of your bed and tested your ankle against the floor carefully. A sharp pain shot up through your leg causing you to cringe. At least it was less sore than yesterday. Cautiously you stood up on your good foot and limped to the bathroom, grabbing a hot shower. On the way back to your room you could see that Meg was now straightening her hair. The poor girl wasn't as blessed when it came to hair as you were. You had the quality that enabled you to roll out of bed and not even need to pull a brush through your hair. Meg, on the other hand, had a regime in order to tame her tumbleweed mess of blonde curls. You dressed yourself in some tights and a baggy shirt, twisting your hair into a bun. It was a cute but simple look. You slowly but surely tended to your suitcase, packing the rest of your necessities. When you were finished you zipped it up and rolled it out into the living room beside Meg's. Since it had four wheels on the bottom it made the perfect crutch. 'I Like It" drifted down the hallway from Meg's room, she was probably still working on her hair. The clock read 11:27. As soon as your roommate was done you would head to the lobby and wait for your car. Lifting yourself up onto the kitchen counter, you pulled your phone out and started scrolling through it. Excitement was beginning to make you a bit jumpy.

A few minutes later there came a knock at the door. Coming down on your uninjured foot, you hopped over and swung it open. 7 boys were huddled around your door curiously with an apologetic Yoongi in front. Confusion registered on your face, followed by a beaming smile. "When they heard I was coming.. well.. they wanted to see your apartment," Yoongi explained. You skipped backward as far as the small hal would allow so that they could pass. Jimin and Taehyung scooted around Yoongi, darting into the apartment playfully, followed by Jungguk, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin. Yoongi stepped in front of you and dipped his head, you could feel his hot breath against your ear. "Jimin and Tae wouldn't stop asking about Meg. I think everyone knows I don't want to share you," his voice rumbled in a whisper. Pinpricks of ice travelled up your spine, bringing about a shiver to your form. He must have noticed because he chuckled lowly shutting the door behind him. His arm weaved in under your arm around your back as to support you. He led you into the living room. The boys were quietly surveying the space, their eyes shooting here and there taking it all in. They probably hadn't been in a girl apartment before. This was foreign territory to them. You found amusement in just how fascinated they were, even Jin. The chorus of 'I Like It' broke the silence. Meg padded barefoot down the hall, singing to herself "neon nami deogo ohiryeo deo joha boyeo pretty woman," with a trail of "yeah's". Everyones head shot up. "Kels, when are we leav-" she stopped abruptly when she walked into the room of people staring her down. "Ah.. Hello~" she mumbled as her face painted itself red, bowing immediately to them. Yoongi gently nudged your ribs, nodding in Jimin's direction. He looked dumbfounded, mouth hanging open. You suppressed a laugh. The guys offered her a sea of smiles and hellos, you could tell it made her feel more comfortable.

"Our place doesn't smell this good," Jungguk whined. Meg leaned against the wall crossing her arms, "It's a girl thing," she laughed lightly recovering from her momentary lapse. The maknae grinned in response. Namjoon stepped to the suitcases and popped up the handles, grasping them both. "We better get going," he said holding up a hand to Meg whom was advancing to the bags, "I got this." He flashed her a smirk and wheeled the suitcases down the small hallway. Meg rushed over to the door, snatching the keys from their basket, and held it open for him. Yoongi's arm tightened securely around you and he helped you out of the apartment. Slipping on her sneakers Meg tended to locking the door, then you all piled into the elevator. It was a rather confined space. Meg was sandwiched between a content Jimin and Taheyung, and the rest were squished together. Yoongi had you in the corner, placing himself between you and the others. You weren't sure, but it seemed like he was being protective of you. Your little group made its way out to the car. As soon as you were outside Jungguk took off in a run, "Noona~ Sit next to me!," he called to Meg. You watched as her face warmed up. It was her first time around the guys, and you would have fun seeing her go through the motions. Hoseok walked on your other side, clearly enjoying himself. When you got into the car Jungguk was the first in, followed by Meg. Taehyung dove into the van ahead of Jimin, and smiled triumphantly claiming his seat next to her. Jimin scowled and settled for the seat behind her. Jin and Hoseok slid into the back with Jimin, leaving a whole row for you and Yoongi. In one swoop he tucked his free arm under your knees, lifting you up against his chest. His spiced tangy smell filled your nose. He smelled as if though he just came out of a Old Spice commercial. Whatever it was, it was intoxicating. He laid you into your seat and took his beside you. The whole ride to their building was full of conversation and laughter. It seemed that the boys were genuinely happy in your presence. 

Arriving at the building Yoongi didn't hesitate to sweep you up into his arms yet again, not that you were about to complain. Everyone emerged from the car noisily and made their way up to the door, Namjoon stayed back to unload the car. Hoseok jogged ahead, brandishing a black card, which he slid into the slot beside the doors. A click sounded and he swung them open for you all to go inside. Yoongi set you down, keeping an eye on how you responded to the pain. You winced as your ankle protested. "Here, Oppa will carry you~" he squinted happily, spinning around and lowering himself so that you could climb up onto his back. A childish smile tugged at the corner of your lips and he hoisted you up, firmly supporting your thighs with his hands. You loosely wrapped your arms around his neck, interlocking your fingers and letting them dangle in front of his chest. Resting your chin on his shoulder you sighed in content. The more time you spent with him, the easier it was to enjoy these moments instead of freezing up and staring at him like an idiot. The warmth of his body poured into your own. Your heart was pounding away. Idly you couldn't help but wonder if he could feel it too. Yoongi bobbed along through the door, Hoseok raised an eye brow teasingly and trailed you into the lobby.

This elevator was much bigger so you could all fit no problem. Minutes later you were being welcomed by the familiar scent of 'boy'. Yoongi marched you into the apartment after everyone else. The look on Meg's face gave away just how stunned she was. Her mind was no doubt screaming, but on the outside she was calm. You knew her better than that though, and when her eyes found yours she mouthed 'oh my god'. Jin plopped down on the couch, Jimin and Jungguk joining him. Taehyung disappeared into the kitchen and Hoseok vanished down the hallway. "Your room is over here," came Namjoon wheeling your suitcases down the hall. This drew Meg from her own personal 'lala land', and she ghosted after him. Yoongi hoisted you up onto his back further and navigated to the room. It had black walls and dark flooring, like the rest of the apartment, as well as two single beds at opposite sides. There was a desk and two dressers and a single closet. It was perfect for the two of you. "Thank you so much," Meg bowed to him her smile reaching up into her eyes. Namjoon returned the grin, "Ay, no problem. Make yourself at home." Meg instantly pulled her bag to the right side of the room and flipped it up onto the bed. Taking the hint, Yoongi gently slid you from his back. "Come out whenever you're done," he smiled at you and waved to Meg ducking out of the room. "Holy ," she huffed letting out a huge breath.

The two of unpacked your items while discussing the whole situation. Meg was fangirling left right and centre. Truth be told you weren't exactly that much better, but at least you had some experience with them. You both chose your words carefully, making sure that your english was very complicated as to prevent prying ears. By the time that you had both unpacked, it was closer to 2:00. You led the way back into the living room, your foots condition was improving slowly but the advil definitely helped. Jimin and Jungguk were sprawled out over one of the couches with Namjoon hanging off the arm, Hoseok and Yoongi commandeered the other. Namjoon was completely immersed in the basketball game being played on TV, Jimin was the first to take notice of you. He beamed in your direction, "Hi~" he waved and patted the space between himself and Jungguk "Come sit noona~," effectively rewarding him with a blossom of pink spreading across Meg's cheeks. All their eyes, except for Namjoon's of course, found you. Jungguk watched Meg cross over and curl up on the couch beside him, and then looked back at you. He had that puzzled look on his face. The thing about these boys was their tendency to look lost at least 80% of the time. It was so adorable. Hoseok scooted to create more room for you, hobbling over you popped down beside him. Immediately Yoongi stretched his arm out around the back of the couch behind you. You were starting to get used to this closeness that you two shared.

"Ahh, I'm hungry," whined Taehyung emerging from the kitchen. "Yah! You ate like an hour ago," countered Jin from somewhere down the hallway. Taehyung dragged his feet over to your sofa, falling onto the arm in defeat. "What are we having for supper?" he tried. "What about Sundubu jjigae?" Jin asked as he walked into the room. "Nah, I want something different," Hoseok commented idly watching the TV. "I want foreign food," Jungguk suggested. You didn't really know many places that served foreign food, or at least unkoreanized foreign food. "I can make you something," Meg chimed with a smirk. Anticipation sparked in everyones eyes. "Really~?" Jimin sang, to which Meg nodded sheepishly. "I know just what to make too," she continued, "but I'll have to make a quick trip to the store.." she trailed off and was quickly met with an eager chorus of "I'll come~!" All she could do was laugh.

Meg departed for the store with Jimin, Jin, Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jungguk in tow. Namjoon slid off his perch and made his way to his room, or at least you assumed he was going to his room. You didn't really know the entire lay of the apartment yet. So far you had only see the living room, your room, and the kitchen. This left you and Yoongi on the couch watching basketball. He was casually laying in the corner of the couch, arm strung out behind you. You curled up your feet onto the new free space, leaning back toward Yoongi. His arm slid down the wall of the couch, resting around your back. Placing his hand on your hip he tugged you in, pulling you flush against his side. Little tingles travelled up and down your torso. Turning your head, you realized you were both very close. The corners of his mouth were twitched upward slightly. He glanced over to look at you, you could feel his breath against your chin. His eyes searched your face and settled on your septum, they widened. "What's this?" he questioned pointing with his free hand. "Ahh," you exclaimed attempting to look at it momentarily before remembering that you couldn't see through your nose, good going genius. "It's a piercing," you explained reaching up to touch the horseshoe. You had gotten your septum pierced back when you were still living in Canada, and most of the time you wore the horseshoe flipped upward and out of sight. A piercing like this was strange amongst Korea, and it definitely didn't help you get a teaching job. You refused to give up the hole, so instead you hid it. "I usually hide it." He looked so curious, studying the little piece of jewellery. Giggling you lowered your hand, "you can touch it if you want." His dark chocolate eyes darted up to yours as if looking for a secondary confirmation, you simply smiled. He became fixated on the piercing once more timidly bringing up his hand. With his index finger he toyed with the horseshoe gingerly. "Wow.. so cool~" he whispered leaning in even closer to get a better look. There was barely enough room for his hand between both of you. Gazing up, he locked eyes with you. The hand in front of you migrated to your cheek, brushing it with the backs of his fingers. He slid them down your cheek, coming to a rest beneath your chin. Not breaking eye contact he tilted you head upward slightly, his face growing closer to your own. As he closed the gap, your eyes fluttered shut. His warm lips brushed lightly against your own, sending a new wave of fire through your veins, for a fraction of a second. Suddenly the front door opened, accompanied by many voices. Yoongi groaned pulling away from you, frustration evident in his face. Your lips were tingling still. He didn't even kiss you. Damnit Meg.