Chapter 4

Deep Down

Warning: I tried to write fluff, and I don't know if I did it right XD


Why did I feel pressure around my waist?  Why did I hear someone other than me breathing?  My eyes snapped open to see Sungmin in MY bed, under MY blankets, with his arm wound around MY waist!  I almost squeaked in surprise, but he hugged me closer, muffling my face into his t-shirt clad chest.  At first I panicked, not used to the skinship from the other members, but then I relaxed into it because who was I kidding?  It felt wonderful.

We slept like that until the bed creaked from Sungmin getting up.  Even though I was awake, I kept my eyes squeezed shut from the embarrassment.  I didn't even need to open them because I could see his smug little face smirking at me through my eyelids.  My cheeks flushed a darker shade of pink as I pulled my covers over my head groaning.  Why did he have to come and hug me in my sleep?  He just made me look like a wimpy, needy, idiot.  

Unable to stand breathing the heated, stale air underneath my blanket anymore, I resurfaced, gasping for cold, fresh air.  Sungmin just sat on his bed looking amusedly at me gaping like a fish out of water as I felt my face get hot in embarrassment again.  I busied myself with tidying Xioa's shirt in attempts to divert the attention away from me.

"Stop looking at me..." I grumbled, "it's not like you don't share the room with me."

"Whatever...do you want some breakfast?  By the way you ate your food yesterday, it looks like you haven't eaten real food in..." He paused trying to think of the right words, "...a bit."

"Thanks but no thanks, " I said curtly holding up Xiao, "my friend and I have a date today." 

"Suit yourself." Sungmin sighed, leaving the room.

The moment the door clicked shut behind him, I screamed frustratedly into my pillow.

"Xiao~ what am I doing?! He's talking to me and being genuinely nice, but i'm being a jerk!" I flopped onto my back and stared at the ceiling, "I need to get my act together and actually get used to being friends again."

I grabbed my friend and left for the living room where Sungmin was.

 

When I peeked into the living room, he was absentmindedly eating toast while staring at the TV.  Taking a deep breath, I shuffled into the room.

"Oh, hey Kyuhyun!" Sungmin smiled clicking off the TV.  I returned his greeting with a shaky hello, standing in front of the couch like an awkward idiot.

"So, uh, do you wanna sit down?" he offered, patting the seat next to him.

"S-s-sure..." I slowly lowered myelf onto the couch cushion next to him still nervously looking around.  Gosh Kyuhyun, you're so awkward...say something, anything!!

"Hi...?"

Are you kidding me? That's all you could come up with brain?  He must think I'm an idiot now.  I kept arguing with myself in my head until Sungmin spoke up.

"I've been waiting since yesterday to ask again, but do you think I could watch you draw?"  He surprised me with his question and I almost agreed to it, but what was I supposed to draw?  I wasn't feeling sad, lonely, or angry.  Just a tad bit nervous.  Deciding to just go with it this time, I stood up to get my things from my room.

Sungmin was already seated at the kitchen table with Xiao when I returned.  It kind of made me mad that he was handling MY best friend, but I didn't have the guts to voice my opinion today.  He watched me intently as I pondered which color to choose for the feeling of nervousness.  After a few seconds I picked up my green pencil with a shaky hand.  Looking up at Sungmin, he just smiled at me, encouraging me to continue.  I put the pencil the the paper and let it glide over the surface.

"Whoa~ that's really good, and amazingly cool!! I'm still baffled at your skill!" Sungmin said awestruck as he looked over my newest drawing.  I couldn't help but smile inwardly at the praise I was receiving, but the feeling was crushed by a few mere words.

"The others definitely need to see this!"

I instantly felt like crying.  Snatching my sketchbook away from him, I ran to the bathroom but the door was locked.  I pounded on the door causing a very annoyed, "what?" to emit from inside.

"I don't care who's in there, but get out!!" I yelled without honorifics.

"Go away!  Why do I have to get out for a punk like you?"  

It was Leeteuk inside, and hearing his voice made me choke up, it had been too long since i've heard him speak.

I ran back into the kitchen and Sungmin was still there with all my drawing supplies.

"Kyu? What's wrong?" He asked, his voice dripping with concern, and then he said the three words I've wanted to hear for the longest time...

"Are you alright?"

That was the tipping point for me as I broke down on the floor in a mess of tears and incoherent bawling.  Sungmin quickly rushed to my side and pulled me into his lap.  He began softly my hair, rocking me back and forth while I clung to the front of his shirt.

"Kyuhyun, I'm sorry.  It must have been horrible for you..."  He murmured, hugging me tighter.  I hugged Sungmin back and sobbed loudly into the crook of his neck for what seemed like hours.

"Kyuhyun, you better shut up or I'll make you!!" Leeteuk barked from his room, only making me cry harder.

"Come on, let's go get you cleaned up a bit..." Sungmin coaxed quietly helping me up off the floor and to the bathroom.  He sat me on the edge of the bathtub and took a washcloth out of the cupboard below the sink.  Wetting it with warm water, he lifted up my bangs and wiped my forehead.  I tried to keep looking down the whole time, not wanting him to see my tears still running down my cheeks, but he forced me to raise my head so he could wipe them away.

"Our little maknae," Sungmin said shakily, cupping my cheeks, "how terrible we must be for doing this to you when you aren't the one at fault..."

I lowered my head once he was done wiping my face so I could hide my eyes behind my bangs.

"It doesn't matter..." I whispered, "nothing is ever going to go back to the way it was."  

Totally making his clean up job worthless, I began crying again.

"Look at you getting all worked up again," Sungmin sighed, "let's go to our room and lay you down for a bit until you calm down."

He walked me into our room and helped me change my tear stained shirt.  After he tucked me into bed, he stood up. I didn't want him to leave, but he said he had something to do.

"P-please don't bring this up to Leeteuk-hyung..." I pleaded, fearing it had something to do with him.

"I just have to wash some dishes, I'll be back before you know it." Sungmin reassured, tousling my hair before leaving the room.

--

Sungmin POV

After I clicked the door to our room shut, I booked it to Leeteuk's room.  I needed to do this for Kyuhyun's sake, for the sake of all of us to end this. 

Rapping my knuckles twice on his door, I called through the wood, "Leeteuk?  Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Who is it?" He yelled back.

"Sungmin."

"Oh, ok.  The door is open."

 I cracked open the door, timidly looking inside.  Leeteuk was sprawled out on his bed reading a book.  He smiled when he saw me and beckoned me over to sit with him. 

"I thought you were Kyuhyun, but I wouldn't have opened the door if it was him."  He chuckled at his statement, "so, what did you want to talk about?" 

"Well actually...I came here to talk to you about Kyuhyun..." I cleared my throat nervously.

The smile fell from Leeteuk's face once I mentioned Kyuhyun's name.

"I don't care about him anymore, I hope he's having fun being rebellious."

I raised my voice in protest, "Did you hear him earlier?  Did you hear him three days ago when he was crying by himself in his room?  I know you did Leeteuk-hyung, I know we all heard him, but there is too much pride in this place for anybody to say 'Oh, I was wrong' and help him!"  Not noticing that I had risen from the bed, I sat back down sighing.

"What i'm trying to say is that this whole argument thing is terribly childish of you and it's turning Kyuhyun into an emotional and mental wreck."

"Well it's not my fault he's having problems, this is all his fault anyways.  If he want's everything to be 'all good' again, he's the one who should be apologizing to me and everyone else."  Leeteuk scoffed, rolling his eyes.

I couldn't believe what he had just said, how immature could he be?  Rage began building inside me until I finally exploded.  I lunged forward and grabbed Leeteuk by the collar of his shirt.

"Listen here, Kyuhyun has been keeping a sketchbook to pour anything he's feeling into and I have seen it's contents!" I yelled, "Those drawings are the most morbid and sad things i've ever seen in my life! He's depressed Leeteuk, DEPRESSED!  I'm still surprised he hasn't done anything serious to harm himself!  He has no need to apologize to you or any of us, I think it is you Leeteuk who needs to apolo-"

I heard a cup hit the floor and shatter, I whipped my head up and saw Kyuhyun standing in the doorway trembling from head to toe, looking as though he was about to burst into tears.

"I'm s-sorry, I should c-clean this up."  He knelt down and began recklessley picking up glass shards with his bare hands.

"Kyuhyun, Kyu- it's ok, I will get it cleaned up.  J-just...you don't have to pick it up, you're going to cut yourself."  I ran over to him and grabbed his wrists to stop him from touching the glass.

"Stop, Sungmin, s-stop...I dropped it so I should pick it-"

I gasped at the amount of blood seeping out of various puncture wounds and cuts in his hands, cutting off his sentence.

"Kyu, we have to clean your cuts, I can clean up later, don't worry about it." I shook his hands trying to get him to drop the glass.  

When the fragments clattered to the floor, I pulled him to his feet once again.  Something warm dripped onto my arm and then Kyuhyun sniffled.

"Come on now, don't cry...let's go take care of you."

I glanced back at Leeteuk, who was looking sorrier than I thought he would be, but my attention was drawn back to Kyuhyun who had begun hiccuping.

"There there..." I held his non-injured hand and led him to the bathroom once again, slamming Leeteuk's bedroom door on my way out.

After I had bandaged the cuts on Kyuhyun's hand, I made him change into pajamas and lay down in bed.  When he had made himself comfortable, I crawled in beside him and put my arm beneath his head, so he could use it as a pillow.  Kyuhyun got as close to me as he could, burying his face into my shoulder. 

"I'm really sorry Kyu...I'll make things better, I promise." I whispered, kissing the top of his head lightly before falling asleep.


A:n/  I'm sorry I keep ending the chapters in their bedroom ^^" I'll try to end somewhere else next chapter.  As I promised, a longer chapter!!! :DDD  I tried my best with the fluff so I hope it fufilled your fluffy needs XD  But what good is fluff without angst :P I don't know why Leeteuk is always the bad guy in my stories OTL  He has to get better though because the KyuTeuk fluff is coming >:D -insert evil laugh here-  Thanks to my readers, silent readers, subscribers, and commenters! See ya around~

Ps. 9 Days until K-Con :DDD (Henry~ i'm coming to see you *___*)