Chapter 6

Deep Down

Sungmin POV

Dashing over to Kyuhyun the moment I got off the phone, I rolled him over so I could see his face, but he cried out in pain, saying something about his leg.  I looked down and saw that his shin had splintered, his bone stabbing through the skin.  I had to keep calm for Kyuhyun's sake.  

"Kyuhyun, it'll be all r-right, the ambulance and T-teukie-hyung are coming."

"Where's Xiao?!" he bawled, craning his neck to look around, "Where is he?  I need him!"

Standing up quickly, I frantically looked around the wreckage, trying to locate Xiao.  After scanning the area, I saw his little blue scarf sticking out of a paper bag that had been thrown a good distance from us.  I grabbed the little strip of cloth and pulled.

"Kyuhyun, KYUHYUN!  I have him!  Here he is."  I ran back to Kyuhyun and knelt beside him, "he's perfectly unharmed."

Kyuhyun reached out with a shaky hand to grab his kangaroo.  I gave it to him and pulled his head into my lap, brushing his sweaty bangs from his forehead.  My fingers hit something warm and sticky.  Blood.  I pulled his bangs farther back away from his face to find a three inch gash on the side of his head where it must have hit the pavement.

I was just about to ask someone to call 911 again when the ambulance and a police car arrived, lights flashing and sirens wailing.

Paramedics surrounded us and began to tend to Kyuhyun, I didn't budge.  I was eventually asked to step out of the way so they could lift him onto a stretcher.  As soon as he was lowered onto the stretcher I stepped forward again, taking his hand into my own.  Fear was present in his eyes, he was confused about everything that was going on around him.  All I could do was smooth his hair down and tell him that everything was going to be okay.  

Leeteuk arrived when Kyuhyun was being lifted into the back of the ambulance.

"Hurry!" I yelled while climbing in.

He slipped in right as the doors were closing.  The whole ride to the hospital was a blur, and before we knew it we were there.  Kyuhyun was immediately rushed to the emergency room.  Leeteuk began calling other members, telling them to come to the hospital.

"So what happened?" He said to me, finally sitting down after all of his calls.

"Well, Kyuhyun was lagging behind me in the crosswalk because he was carrying a heavy bag.  A car was coming and tried to stop, but it slid on a patch of ice and hit Kyuhyun!!" I began crying again after replaying the scene in my mind, "I was so scared Teukie-hyung...I still am.  Will he be okay?"

"I'm sure he'll be...f-fine..." Leeteuk weakly replied, patting my shoulder lightly.

About ten minutes later the rest of Super Junior came bursting through the doors.

"What happened?  Where's Kyuhyun?!"  Eunhyuk cried, he was shaking violently and on the verge of tears.

Leeteuk went over to him and sat him down on one of the various chairs in the waiting room.

"This is all my fault Leeteuk-hyung.  This is what I get for being a jerk...I'm sorry Leeteuk, I'm sorry Sungmin, and most of all I'm sorry Kyuhyun."  He started to sob into his knees, apologizing profusely to whoever would listen.

Getting up from my chair, I went over to Eunhyuk. 

"Hey now, it's nobody's fault...it was just an accident." I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and stayed beside him.

Kyuhyun POV

Where am I and why can't I move my leg?  I opened my eyes, but had to shut them instantly, almost being blinded by the sudden brightness of the room I was situated in.  Alone.  I slowly cracked my eyes open trying to adjust to the amount of light pouring through the windows in my hospital room.  I was with Sungmin before, where was he now?  Trying to hug Xiao who was in my grip before I out, I found that he wasn't there.

"Xiao? Xiao?!" I looked around my room searching for a little bit of color in the solid white, "Xiao!  Sungmin! Where are you?!"

Fully panicking, I began crying for the both of them.  Thankfully, I cried loud enough for Sungmin to hear, and he came running through the door holding my kangaroo.

"What is it Kyuhyun?" he said looking concerned.

I gestured at Xiao until he handed him over. 

"Here you go Kyuhyun, I'm sure he missed you a lot."

Sungmin sighed lightly, taking a seat on a chair next to my bed.  He took my hand in his and absentmindedly started the back of my hand with his thumb.  I relaxed back into my bed and the feeling of Sungmin's hand in mine until someone yelled, "Hey guys!! Kyuhyun's up!" 

The door sprung open once again, letting all the members of Super Junior spill through the tiny doorframe into my room.  They all look relieved to see that I was okay, but I on the other hand, was terrified to see them all looking at me. 

"Sungmin, no...I-I don't want..."  I tried to speak, but it felt like my tongue was stuck in my throat.  I didn't know what to do with all of them here.  I thought they hated me.  Why were they caring so much?

"No...no..don't like me...go away." I whispered, hiding my face behind Sungmin's hand.

"Um, guys? I think you better leave and come in one at a time once Kyuhyun is settled in and calmed down," Sungmin said uncertainly, trying to decipher my broken sentences, "Eunhyuk, you can be the first one to come in later though...sorry."

Everyone looked worried about me, probably because I was practically hyperventilating into the back of Sungmin's hand, and they shuffled out reluctantly.

 

Kyuhyun POV

"W-why do they care so much...?" I whimpered, "They're not supposed to-"

"Kyuhyun, you're going to have to get used to it.  Eunhyuk was so heartbroken when he heard abou you and he blamed himself for what happened." Sungmin explained.

"But it's not his fault..."  I didn't understand why Eunhyuk was acting so different from this morning, "he had nothing to do with this."

"Yet, he still felt responsible.  That's how things are when people care about each other, you're going to have to get used to it again..." he laughed softly to himself, "this sure feels like deja vu, huh?"

I had to think hard about what he said until it finally clicked.  He was talking about when I first joined Super Junior.  When nobody liked me because I was the "cocky newbie", then it took me almost dying for them to accept me.  

"Yeah...I suppose it is, but it's not fair...why do I have to almost die for them to be nice to me." 

"I don't know Kyuhyun, I really don't, but it shouldn't have to be like that anymore.  I think everything should be fine after this."  He said patting my back.

"I sure hope so Sungmin-hyung..."

"Do you think you're ready to talk to them yet?"

I nodded and looked down at my hand in his.  Was I really ready to talk to them, was I ready to talk to Eunhyuk?

"I'll just go get them now, Okay?"  

"Okay..." I was reluctant to let go of his hand, but this had to be done.

Eunhyuk POV

How long has it been since Sungmin told us to leave?  I really hope Kyuhyun's okay.  Why do I have to be such a jerk all the time?  

"Hey, Eunhyuk.  Kyuhyun's ready."

My head snapped up and Sungmin was beckoning me to come into Kyuhyun's room.  I shakily stood up and made my way into the hospital room.  I swear I was more nervous to talk to him than on the day of our debut. 

When I entered, Kyuhyun was just sitting in his bed staring at Xiao like he was the most riveting thing he had ever seen in his life.  I awkwardly stood there while Sungmin went back to his spot next to the bed.  What do I do?  I made up my mind to go say hi to him for the first time in a while.

"Hey Kyuhyun..." I said quietly.

He kept his eyes trained on his kangaroo, but still replied with a very small, "Hello."

I wrung my hands in anxiousness, "Do you need anything?  Water? Something to eat? Extra Pillo-"

"Sungmin has already taken care of me." 

"Oh o-okay, are you sure?"

He sighed, "Yes."

Standing there awkwardly, I finally made up my mind to just tell him everything I have wanted to say.

"Well, ummm,"  I took a deep breath, "I'm just here to apologize for everything that I've done.  I'm really sorry Kyuhyun, this wouldn't have happened if I wasn't so immature.  Someday I hope you'll forgive me, but it's ok if today isn't that day..."

Kyuhyun didn't say anything so I assumed he was done talking to me.

"I'll see you later then I guess...bye Sungmin, bye Kyuhyun.  It was nice to see the both of you."

Hesitantly, I headed for the door.

"I'm sorry too..."

"Huh?  I faced Kyuhyun again, "Did you say something?"

"I said I'm sorry too!"

I was shocked to see tears falling from his eyes.  

"I'm sorry for yelling at Teukie-hyung and starting all this.  I'm sorry for screwing up everything and worrying you!"

Rushing to his side, my hands hovered above his shaking shoulders as I debated whether or not I should touch him.  I gently placed my hands on his back fearing for a negative reaction, but he just leaned into me and kept crying.  I wrapped my arms around him and rocked him back and forth.  We stayed like that until who knows how long, but I waited until he was done.

"There there Kyuhyun, are we all good now?" My eyes were now wet with tears as I pushed back his bangs so I could see his face.

"W-why are you crying?" He sniffled.

"Because I'm so happy that I could see you and be this close to you again."

Kyuhyun POV

Why was Eunhyuk crying?  I was utterly confused at the moment with everything that was going on.  Once my bangs had been brushed out of my eyes, I noticed that all the other members had made their way into the room.  There were tears b in Leeteuk's eyes as he watched the two of us.

"I'm s-sorry everyone..." I choked out, "I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok Kyuhyun." Sungmin said, taking my hand gently and squeezing it.

"We're all sorry Kyuhyun." Leeteuk said, tears now dripping down his cheeks, "You did nothing to deserve any of this and I will do my best to ensure nothing like this ever happens again."

Tears stang at my eyes now because I wasn't used to the sheer amount of this many people acknowledging that I existed.

Slipping my hand out of Sungmin's, I tugged on Eunhyuk's sleeve to get his attention.

"Could you get my sketch book?" I asked Eunhyuk timidly, pointing at my bag sitting on a chair, "I need to draw something."

"Sure sure." He said ping the bag and pulling it out.  

"Don't forget my colored pencils, please..."

"Oh, ok here you go."

Our hands met while he passed it to me.  I looked up at him, he smiled at me.  I shyly smiled back and opened the sketch book, turning to a new page.

 

-End-


A/n:  FINALLY! OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY ;A; This took forever because after K-Con I didn't have any inspiration and then school started and I didn't have any time guhhh OTL   I'm sorry if Eunhyuk was kinda weird ^^;; This was my first time writing as him (and the fact it was fluff didn't help anything XD)  I feel quite proud of the ending I wrote after months of opening up this story to write more and just closing it out XD (and sorry if it's a dumb ending OTL)  It's hard to believe that I started this in the summer and am just finishing it now ;n;  Anyways!  Thanks to all that stuck around and thanks to those who have subscribed recently ^O^  Thank you readers, thank you silent readers, thank you subscribers, and thank you commenters!  Until the next story, see ya~! :B

 

New story wiseeeeeee...I will maybe be starting a new story, but it's a LOT of angst and sad, so I might not post it on here.  Depends on if I think anyone would read it :P  I'll post the foreword and see what response it gets and then go from there.  It's supposed to be a two-shot, but knowing me it'll get longer.