Four .

Just Pretend

=Yurin=

I woke up with a jolt from the loud ringing my phone was making. Groaning, I turned to the side and grabbed my phone, looking at the caller id. “Hello?”

“Good morning~!”

I chuckled and slowly sat up. “Good morning, Hoseokkie. You’re happy this morning.”

He scoffed. “What? Did you forget?”

I furrowed my brows. “Forget what?”

“We’re going to the beach today…”

I rubbed my eyes and stood up. “That’s right!” I exclaimed, laughing. “Alrighty, I’ll go get ready. See you later.”

“Bye!”

I did a few stretches before tying my hair up and heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After I was done with my daily routine and eating breakfast, I headed back to my room to change into my swimsuit – a navy blue bikini with small ruffles along the bandeau top with small golden studs down the middle. I also slipped on a beach dress to cover my body just as the doorbell rang.

I heard my mother open the door and she gasped. “Why, hello there, Youngsoo! Come in! Are you here to take Yurin to the beach?”

I froze and cursed under my breath, grabbing my phone and dialing Hoseok’s number.”Oh my lord, mother why?” He picked up within seconds. “Hello?”

“Can you please come over?” I asked, dragging out the word ‘please,’ to make it sound urgent.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

I sighed. “Dude, Youngsoo is here and my mom thought he was taking me to the beach so…”

I heard him groan and mumble something incoherent. “Alright, I’ll head over right now.”

“Yurin-ah! Youngsoo is here!” My mom called out.

I looked up at the ceiling and made a small prayer then trudged outside. Youngsoo looked at me up and down and suddenly, I’m feeling extremely uncomfortable. “You look nice.” He grinned. Mom forced me to sit next to him on the couch while she prepared lunch for my friends and I in the kitchen. My dad sat at the dining table, eying us once in a while. “That dress really brings out your curves. I never really noticed under the baggy clothing you always wear.” I cleared my throat and scooted away from him slightly. “By the way, what is this beach thing you mom was talking about?”

“I was invited to go to the beach with the guys.” I mumbled.

He raised a brow. “Oh? You mean that Hoseok guy? If he invited you to go, shouldn’t he be here already? What a boy-”

Before he could finish his sentence, the doorbell rang and I jumped up to answer it. “You’re here!” I shouted, throwing my arms around his neck, hugging him, no matter how weird this is for me.

I looked at my parents – my dad’s eyes were seriously in flames and my mom’s face was confused. Hoseok wrapped his arm around my waist awkwardly and I tried so hard not to blush. It’s been a week or so since this fake relationship has been going on and for some reason, this proximity had been affecting me since yesterday. I stared at my dad, hoping he’d get my telepathic message that this thing between Hoseok and I was a fake, to calm him down a little bit. “Um, yeah, we’ll be going now.” I muttered, grabbing my bag containing my sunblock, shades, and spare clothes for tonight.

The two of us were finally out the door and immediately, we separated. He rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry, was that arm thing a bit too much? Your parents aren’t going to yell at you right?” He asked as we walked towards the car his mother was taking us in.

I shook my head. “I guess it was…alright. You’ve had girlfriends before! Shouldn’t you know what to do and what not to do?”

He shrugged and opened the door for me. “I don’t know? I just did whatever felt natural.”

I rolled my eyes and stepped into the car, making myself comfortable in the seat. “Well don’t you look cute in that dress!” Mrs. Jung exclaimed.

I blushed and thanked her. “I’m sorry for having you come over to pick me up, Mrs. Jung.”

She shook her head and put the car into drive, making our way towards the beach. “It’s no problem. Hoseokkie here said something happened? This Youngsoo child, or something?”

I looked at her than at Hoseok who smiled. “Yeah, I told her about your problem and how you dragged me into it.”

My face heated up. Bad. I always knew how Mrs. Jung would act whenever Hoseok would bring over one of his girlfriends. I even felt secondhand embarrassment from her crazy antics. Although Hoseok and I weren’t in a real relationship, I was still scared she was going to say something to embarrass the both of us. “Oh yeah… Youngsoo came over.” I sighed. “He likes me but I don’t like him. I don’t know what to do with him and he’s always hanging around me. He even thinks our,” I pointed to Hoseok and I, “relationship is fake.”

He laughed. “I mean, it really is.”

I pouted. “You know what I mean.” I said, punching his arm.

Mrs. Jung chuckled. “Well, you gotta do something to convince him, right? Are the holding hands and hugging not enough? Make it more believable!”

I laughed. “I still haven’t told my parents about it yet. My dad looked furious earlier.”

“And besides, our relationship isn’t real. It’s different than having a real girlfriend, mom. Yurin doesn’t even have any experience in this field of life.”

I glared at him as his mother scoffed. “Fake shmake. Anyways, we’re here children~ Go and have fun!”

The two of us stepped out and thanked her for the ride and left to find the rest of our friends. Once spotted, they waved their arms in the air and some of the girls ran over to me for a hug. “I haven’t seen you in forever!” One of them shouted.

Next thing we knew, we were picked up and thrown in the water. We all screamed as we hit the surface. “Yah! What theheck?!” I shouted, moving my hair out of my face.

Hoseok laughed as two of my girl friends punched Seokjin and Taehyung on the head. “Oh come on, that was funny.”

I pouted and went under water, slowly swimming to where Hoseok was standing. I reached for his leg and forcefully dragged him down while resurfacing. “Surprise you darn loser!” I shouted happily as he fell backwards. I quickly swam away and hid behind Yoongi who was getting water splashed on by Jimin.

I looked around to see if Hoseok was around and sighed, patting Yoongi on the back. “You’re my shield, oppa, just in case Hoseokkie comes to find me.”

He looked back at me and laughed. “Alrighty.”

As soon as he turned back to take revenge on Jimin, I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and I shrieked. A hand then covered my mouth and I turned my head slightly to see Hoseok grinning at me. I swatted his hand away from my face and glared at him. “What are you-?!”

He lowered his head to my ear and I felt my face heat up. Because this was way too close for my liking. And because he was shirtless and in the water with my back is against him. Oh, and Yoongi was staring at us too. “Shut up, Youngsoo is here.”

Jimin swam over to the older male and whispered to him about our situation. He seemed to have understood and acted natural, telling everyone else just in case they thought anything. I furrowed my brows as I looked on shore, Youngsoo waving his hands in the air at me. I pretended not to see as Hoseok pulled me over to our group in the water who had a beach ball blown up, playing water volleyball. The ball came towards me and I was getting ready to hit it until someone came behind me and shouted my name.

I screamed, having the ball hit me lightly in the head before floating over to Namjoon. I quickly swam over to Hoseok and one of my girl friends. “What are you doing here, Youngsoo?”

He chuckled lightly as Hoseok stood behind me, holding me. “I wanted to come to the beach, too!” He smiled. “By the way, that bathing suit looks quite nice. It really compliments your body.”

I looked at him horrified as Hoseok held me tighter and I covered my chest, embarrassed. “Um, you do realize that her boyfriend is here?” He said.

Everyone stared at the three of us, clearly surprised at the way Hoseok naturally said the word ‘boyfriend.’ Youngsoo scoffed, making his way slowly to us. “Please don’t lie.”

Jimin and Jeongguk swam forward, being the only two people who fully knew of my problem. “Hyung, I think it’s best if you just leave them alone.” Jeongguk said cautiously.

“Why? I just wanted to hang out with the girl I really like. And besides, I’m not stupid. Their relationship is just a fake one. Any guy could naturally hold a girl like that.” He said, pointing to Hoseok’s arm around my waist. “That guy really has to prove to me that he’s the real deal.”

I froze and looked back at Hoseok who furrowed his brows. “Really, this guy.” I heard him mumble. He let go of me and stood next to me. “Fine. Do you want proof? Here.” He turned to face me and I looked at him in confusing.

His face leaned close to mines and I felt as if my head was going to burst. “E-eh? Wh-what the he-?!”

Before I could utter another word, our lips met and I heard everyone mumble. My eyes grew wide but I shut them just as quick, taking it all in. When he pulled away, I quickly looked away in embarrassment. Our whole group became silent and all you could hear were the laughs and shouts of everyone else at the beach. I took a peek at Hoseok – He was staring right at Youngsoo.

I turned my attention on him – Youngsoo’s face was seriously red. He opened his mouth. “W-well, o-okay then. I’m really sorry for everything,” He bowed his head in shame. “I’ll…leave you guys alone then.” He croaked, on the verge of tears.

My expression softened. He really liked me and to see his heartbroken like this, well, I feel bad. I trudged forward. “Hold on, Youngsoo.” Everyone turned to look at me. “I’m really sorry. But I promise you that you will find someone that’s right for you. I’m just not that person, and I’m sorry.”

He nodded as Hoseok spoke up. “And when you find that girl, don’t let her go but don’t always cling on her either. Every girl needs her space sometimes.”

Youngsoo’s lips curled upwards and he nodded. “Thank you, you two. And if I find that girl, I’ll be sure to show her to you guys.” The three of us laughed as all of the girls “aww”-ed and the boys smiled. “So, I guess I’ll get going now.” And with that, he left.

The rest of the day went great despite the complete awkwardness between Hoseok and I. Seokjin had already booked a few hotel rooms for tonight so I set my bag in one of them along with some of the girls. Everyone suggested that we take a walk along the beach to get rid of the fat that we had consumed during dinner at the hotel’s restaurant.

“Are you coming with us, Yurin?” One of the girls asked.

I shook my head and followed them out of the elevator, sitting on one of the beach chairs that were outside. “You guys go ahead. I have a headache so I’ll just sit here.”

The lights from the hotel and other hotels lit up the beach nicely which I was quite happy about. As I watched the others head out, a drink was held in front of me. I looked up and saw Hoseok smiling awkwardly at me. I took the drink from him and casted my eyes to the ground, silently thanking him, still embarrassed about the event from earlier today.

“I’m sorry,” He muttered. “Are you mad?” I stayed silent and turned my head, unable to say anything in fear of saying something stupid. “Oh my goodness, you must be mad. That was your first kiss wasn’t it?”

My eyes widened and I sighed, looking back at him. “Don’t worry, I’m not mad. I should be, but I’m not.” Because honestly… “I kinda liked it.” I closed my eyes shut and turned away slightly, scared. I opened an eye and looked at him before fully opening them both, laughing.

“Eh?!” His face was a mix between surprise and horror.

I blushed harder. “Jeez! Don’t look at me like that. That was embarrassing to say, okay?”

He laughed and sat in front of me, holding my hands. I really wanted to pull my hands away because I was starting to feel clammy. “Then you don’t mind if I do this right?”

I looked at our hands. “What? Holding ha-?” I couldn’t even finish my question as he once again cut me off with another kiss.

When he pulled away smiling, I pulled my hand away from his grasp and slapped him in panic. “Ow! What the heck, Yurin?!”

“Don’t catch me off guard like that!!”

He laughed. “But I bet you liked that, huh?” He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I pouted and pushed him away. “Curse you for being a good kisser.” I muttered.

A grin appeared on his face. “Then how about it?”

I cocked my head to the side and squinted. “How about what?”

“Be my real girlfriend and you could kiss these lips any day.” He said, puckering his lips.

I choked on my saliva and shot him a disgusted look. “You’re an idiot.”

“But you love me.” He chuckled. “I’m serious though. Kim Yurin, would you be my girlfriend?”

I looked him in the eyes for any trace of silliness and trolling but there weren’t any. In fact, his eyes we practically shining. I cracked a smile and leaned forward. “How about a ‘no?’” His expression fell and I laughed, holding his hands. “I’m kidding.” I quickly pecked him on the lips and grinned. “Is that a good enough answer for you?”

Hoseok’s lips curved upwards and he pulled me in for a hug. “I got a girlfriend!” He laughed.

“What?” I looked at him, confused. “You’ve had plenty of girlfriends so don’t act like I’m the first.” I shouted, trying to get out of his suffocating hug.

He shook his head. “Nah, you’re my real first.”

Silence fell upon us. “What? Then who were all of those other girls that you’d bring home and were supposedly together with?

He smiled smugly. “Fake girlfriends. My mom was always pestering me about getting one. But I think she knew they were all fake.” He pulled me up and led me towards the water for a walk. “But I think she’ll be happy if she finds out that we’re together. Mom really likes you, you know?”

=Hoseok=

I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and kissed the top of her head. A chuckle escaped my lips when I saw how embarrassed she was. We were out for half an hour only to come back to find that our friends were running in and out of the hotel in a panic. Yurin and I looked at each other, confused.

When we reached the front doors, Namjoon had stopped running and threw his hands in the air. “Where were you guys?”

Seokjin hyung stepped out and eyed us. “We leave you two for not even an hour yet and you hooked up? I thought one of you guys were kidnapped!”

I furrowed my brows. “One of us?”

“Why would they kidnap you for?” Seokjin hyung teased.

I scoffed. “Because I am good-looking?”

Everyone laughed and we all walked back into the hotel. Since it was already late, everyone decided that it was the time to sleep. Both Yurin and I walked hand in hand behind the guys towards the elevator and when we stepped in, they cooed at us.

I simply laughed as her face became red. “Shut up, guys, or I you will find snakes in your bed the next morning.” I knew she tried to sound angry but it was a failed attempt. Instead, she hid her face on my arm and whimpered.

I chuckled. “Calm down, they’re just jealous that they’re single.” I sniggered.

Seokjin, Yoongi, and Namjoon scoffed and looked away, knowing fully well that I was right. Since we all stayed on the same floor, we got out at the same time. The guys’ room were right across from the girls’ so we separated at the same time. Before Yurin walked in, however, I grabbed her by the elbow and pulled her towards me.

“Ow, what the heck, Hoseok?” She whispered.

I frowned. “We’re together now so the least you could do is call me oppa.”

She rolled her eyes. “Nope. Are you going to let go now? I’m tired and want to sleep.” She pouted.

I grinned. “Fine.” I pulled her in for a hug then kissed her. “Good night, babe.”

She blushed again and shoved my shoulder away softly. “Oh, don’t call me that.”

I chuckled. “Why? It’s what we’re supposed to say in a relationship right?”

Yurin scoffed. “Good night, oppa.” She muttered before pulling me down for another kiss. Not even 10 seconds in, a click was heard and a flash was seen.

We straightened up quickly and stared at the group of friends in front of us. They holding a camera and grinning. “Aww, continue what you guys were doing!”

I became flustered. “Go away you guys. You totally ruined the vibe.” I complained.

Yurin laughed and hugged my waist, sticking out her tongue. “You guys are just jealous you’re single.” She repeated the same words I have told some of the guys in the elevator.

I chuckled and gathered up all of the guys as she did the same with the girls and we both walked into the room. Before closing the door, I ran out and kissed Yurin on the cheek before telling her goodnight. I quickly ran back into the room and closed the door behind me, slipping into my bed and smiled. “Goodnight, everyone~”


Oh darn. It's the end of the story kekeke

BWAHAHAHA I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I DID WITH THIS TRASH OF AN ENDING. Honestly, I was never good at making endings but I had to stop this story somehow with making it seem like pointless things will follow after.

Le sigh. Anyways, thank you guys for subscribing and reading ;a;

Like I said in the previous chapter, I'm in the process of writing a V fanfic in my notebook and I'm hoping to create a story on here either by the end of this week or the next ^^

Again, thank you guys sooo much! :D