Three .

Just Pretend

 

The 4 of us were back in the practice room for the rest of the week up until the day of the showcase. We went at it for hours until the routine was perfect. After practice, we’d meet up with the rest of our friends, Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi, and Taehyung, hanging out at the basketball courts and skating rinks. There were times where Youngsoo had been there and stayed for God knows how long, causing Yurin and I to once again put up our acts. It became a natural thing now that the guy suspects us to be in a fake relationship. Not that we were actually together anyways. But if my friend just wants to get rid of him, I might as well help.
 
It was now two days until the showcase and all four of us were at it again. Practice went perfectly well until someone decided to show up. Again. Right in the middle of our routine, Youngsoo had barged in shouting and smiling.
“Yurin~!” He held up two packed lunches and waved it in her face.
 
I stifled a laugh because not only was this guy ridiculously stubborn, but Yurin’s face was way too funny. Jimin and Jeongguk looked away scowling because our precious practice time was taken away.
 
“What the heck? What are you doing here?” Yurin asked, bewildered. She grabbed the towel around her neck and wiped off the sweat that was dripping down her forehead.
 
I walked over and handed her a water bottle before facing him. “How’d you even know we practiced here?”
 
Youngsoo definitely ignored my presence and my question when he smiled and handed Yurin the lunch box. “I thought you’d be hungry so I brought you some lunch! And how long have you been practicing? You’re sweating like a pig.”
 
I scoffed and looked away. “Like a pig? Way to go dude. Way to make a girl feel good.” I mumbled.
 
Jimin and Jeongguk sat in the corner laughing to themselves. “Is he serious? Even I know not to tell a girl that.” Jeongguk said, shaking his head.
 
I stole a glance at Yurin. She closed her eyes and I could see her eyebrow twitching. My arm s around her waist and I patted her before she decides to lose it. “Breathe, Yurin.” I whispered to her.
 
She did as I told and opened her eyes, pushing the lunchbox back into Youngsoo’s hands. “Thanks but no thanks. I already have lunch.”
 
Youngsoo frowned. “Really? Yurin you look dead. Hoseok here,” he glared at me, “must not have been feeding you well as a boyfriend. I mean, if you look at me, I think I am perf-”
 
Yurin held up a hand to tell him to stop talking. “Youngsoo, thanks but I don’t need your lunch. Now, if you would please leave, we have practice to do.”
 
=Yurin=
 
The day of the showcase has finally arrived! I gave each member a mini massage along with a motivation statement and waited as the host for the even finished talking and introduced us. When he did, we all did a handshake and walked onto the dark stage, readying ourselves into position. I grinned at my group-mates and gave them thumbs up. Then, the music started and suddenly, my body moved along with the rhythm just like how our practice went as the lights flashed on.
 
The crowd in front of us erupted into cheers as we continued on with our dance. Halfway into the performance, during my solo, someone shouted my name and in the audience, there was a banner that read, “I LOVE YOU.” It definitely threw me off a bit, causing me to mess up a part of my routine. My solo was over as the guys’ solos were up and I stood in position with my brows furrowed in annoyance. My eyes scanned the audience and I inwardly groaned. Youngsoo was waving his arms in the air, jumping up and down. When our performance was over, I hurried backstage to change and to avoid seeing Youngsoo. Hoseok, Jimin, and Jeongguk trailed after me, laughing.
 
“Yurin-ah, are you hiding?” I heard Hoseok say.
 
I scoffed. “Of course not. I’m simply changing into a more comfortable outfit.” I took in a deep breath. “Of course I’m hiding you idiot! That guy totally threw me off my game!” I hollered, slipping on a t-shirt and sweatpants.
 
I heard him chuckle. “You did fine, Yurin. I bet no one even noticed the small mistake.”
 
I stepped out of the changing room. “Did you see that stupid banner?”
 
“YURIN DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID?!”
 
I groaned and hit Hoseok’s chest in slight anger. Looking up, I saw Youngsoo with a huge smile plastered on his face with the banner rolled up in his hands. Hoseok gave me a squeeze on my shoulders and I sighed. Jimin and Jeongguk also stepped out of the changing rooms, laughing and shoving each other but stopping when they noticed Youngsoo in the room.
 
The both of them bowed. “Hello, Youngsoo hyung.”
 
I merely smiled at Youngsoo and gave a curt nod. “I did see what you did. Although, I can’t say I liked it.” I mumbled the last sentence to myself. Hoseok snorted softly and I elbowed him.
 
“Anyways, why are you back here?”
 
Youngsoo’s face became brighter. “I wanted to see you! Oh, and give you these!” He shoved the rolled up banner into my hands and giggled. Giggled. “You know, just to remind you of how better of a boyfriend I-”
 
I shook my head and handed it back to him. “You need to stop saying that. If you haven’t forgotten,” I grabbed Hoseok’s hand and held it up, “We’re together.”
 
Although it was for a split second, I knew Youngsoo had just rolled his eyes at us. “Fine. But still! I want you to keep this~ I’ll see you guys later!” He waved and ran out of the door leaving the three of us speechless.
 
“So…I think I’m going to burn this now.” I mumbled, throwing the banner on the floor.
 
Jimin ran over and picked it up, chuckling. “Aw, noona. That’s harsh. What does it even-oh.” He mumbled as soon as he unrolled the banner before quickly rolling it back. “Yeah, never mind. I see now.”
 
“So, um,” Hoseok cleared his throat beside me, “You could let go now, Yurin-ah.” I looked at him then at our hands and blushed. “Unless you don’t want to.” He grinned.
 
I scoffed and let go quickly. “Whatever, you loser.” I laughed and bonked him on the head.
The three of us sat backstage, watching the other performers and soon, it was Jimin’s and Jeongguk’s turn to go up again. Hoseok and I cheered and clapped, anticipating their dance. While waiting for Hoseok to do the last performance, we both sat back and started chatting, mainly about Youngsoo since we never got the chance.
 
“I mean, you never told me the reason why you don’t like him.” He stated.
 
I scoffed. “Pfft. He’s..everywhere. Almost literally. You know, you’re always with me! He’s actually the son of my parents’ close friends so one day, they came over with him and I was forced to play with him. This was when we were 10, by the way. Anyways, I guess it was during the time we were playing a small game of soccer, just a one on one, when I kind of kicked the ball too hard that it hit him on the head. I seriously felt bad so I tried to help him up and stay balance and I think it was from there when he started liking me. Either I hit him a little bit too hard or maybe because I was being nice, I’m not sure but he’s starting to make me more and more uncomfortable.”
 
“Huh, you never told me about that.” He said, poking my side.
 
I squirmed and swatted his hand away. “There was no reason to! Besides, you became my friend earlier that day anyways. We were almost pretty much strangers.” I looked at him as he pouted, crossing his arms. I laughed and lightly punched him on the arm. “Don’t make that face. You look weird.”
 
We both chuckled as Jimin and Jeongguk came backstage. “Flirting?” Jimin asked, smiling slyly with a raised eyebrow.
 
I scrunched up my nose and shook my head. “Not even. Anyways, go Hoseokkie! You’re up!” I pulled him up from the chair and pushed him on stage lightly. I made a “hwaiting” motion with my fist and he smiled as the music started.
 
=Hoseok=
 
As soon as I finished rapping my last line, the crowd cheered and Yurin, Jimin, and Jeongguk, along with the other performers came on stage. We all bowed and Yurin made an announcement.
 
“I would like to thank all of the wonderful friends and families who came out to support our school through this showcase! You don’t know how much it means to us.” She smiled and bowed. “I would also like to thank all of my, Jimin’s, Jeongguk’s and Hoseok’s followers who watch our videos and came on our request to help raise money for our school. You guys are the best! Thank you very much and have a great night!”
Everyone on stage cheered and clapped along with the audience. We met up with the school staff and bid goodbye to everyone and even shaking hands with them. I spotted my mom in the crowd and waved her over.
 
She grinned and pulled me into a tight hug. “You were wonderful, dear. You father couldn’t make it but I was sure to video tape your performance.” I laughed and nodded. “By the way, you didn’t tell me you were going to rap, son.” She smiled.
 
I chuckled and rubbed my neck. “I guess I forgot.”
 
“Aigo. So how’d you come up with the lyrics?” She asked, patting my face. “There’s gotta be some kind of inspiration right?”
 
I laughed. “It just came to me, mom.”
 
She nodded and saw Yurin. “Oh! Yurin-ah!”
 
Yurin was with her parents who were complimenting her on the performance. She looked back at us and grinned, making her way to us with her parents following. “Hello, Mrs. Jung! Thank you for coming tonight.” She bowed.
 
My mom pulled her into a hug and laughed. “Oh please, dear. Anything to help you kids out along with the school. By the way, I was wondering,” She looked at Yurin’s family and smiled, “We were going to head out for dinner when my husband comes home. How would you like to join us?”
 
Yurin’s mom grinned. “Oh, we would love to! Right, honey?” She asked her husband who chuckled.
 
“I think the Jang’s also wanted to take us out for dinner to congratulate Yurin.” He said.
 
I noticed how Yurin’s face turned dark and she scowled. I nudged her and she looked at me. “What’s up?”
 
“Youngsoo’s family.”
 
My mouth hung open and I inwardly groaned. As if this day can’t get any better. I patted her on the back and sighed. “It’s fine. If I have to, I’ll sit in between you two.” I chuckled in an attempt to cheer her up.
 
“Please do.” She chuckled.
 
We bid each other goodbye and headed home where I quickly washed up and picked out my appropriate restaurant outfit. My dad came home and he, too, quickly went into the room to change. I greeted him just as he ran into the room, shutting the door behind him. I laughed and went into the bathroom to restyle my hair. After I was done, I waited outside in the living room, deciding to text to Yurin.  
 
Yo.” I texted.
 
Yo? Is that really how you say hello mister?”
 
I laughed at her response and quickly replied back. “Of course it is. Are you done getting ready?
 
I’ve been done. There’s no need to get pampered up for some dinner with friends.” She replied. I grinned. Typical Yurin. Before I could text back, she sent another one. “Why do parents take so long getting ready? =.=”
 
I chuckled and also noticed how long my parents were taking. My mom called out from the bathroom telling me to tell Yurin and her parents that they’ll be a bit late. I quickly typed back, “Funny. My parents said that they’ll probably be late.
 
Haha mines said the same thing. I just want to eat. >3<
 
Wanna hang before they’re done?
 
A minute or so passed by before she agreed. We met up at the park and sat on a swing with her complaining about how it takes a million years for a parent to change their clothes and style their hair. I took a good look at her. She wore a simple pink-orange shirt with a mesh front that had some pretty unique designs on it along with dark blue skinny jeans and a pair converse. Her hair was tied into a low side ponytail with no hint of curls at all, unlike all of the other girls that I’ve seen. I chuckled causing her to look at me.
 
“What is it? Do I look funny?” She made a face at me and I laughed a bit harder.
 
“Nothing. It’s nothing. You look pretty.” I chuckled.
 
I swear for a moment her face turned red before she looked away, coughing. “Th-thanks. You,” she pointed at me up and down without looking, “You look nice, too.” She mumbled.
 
I looked down at my clothes. Just jeans and a clean t-shirt. It wasn’t anything special. I smiled, though. Maybe she was just being nice. My phone vibrated, indicating that my mom was calling. “Hello, mom?”
 
“Where are you?! We’re ready to go now!” She shouted.
 
“Arasso, mom. I’ll head back right now.” I got off the swing and stretched. “Welp, I guess we better go now, huh?” I said, holding out my hand for her.
 
She nodded and took my hand, standing up. “Alrighty, then. I’ll see you at the restaurant then.” She grinned before walking back to her house.
 
I made my way towards mines and saw that my parents were already locking the door. “Woah! Wait for me!” I shouted, running over to them.
 
My dad turned around and furrowed his eyebrows before crossing his arms with a frown. “And where have you been?”
 
I gulped and laughed nervously. “I was at the park with Yurin. We just didn’t want to wait so long for you guys.”
 
My dad’s expression softened and he laughed while my mom made her way towards the car, shaking her head with a smile. “If I didn’t know any better and if I didn’t know about that situation of hers, I would have already thought you two were actually together.”
 
I grinned and shook my head, opening the car door for her. I forgot that I told her about Yurin’s situation with Youngsoo. I also sat myself in the car and my dad filed in right after, starting the engine. Before we knew it, we had arrived at the restaurant. At the same time, the other two families also arrived. Our parents greeted each other while we teens simply stayed quiet, looking at each other. Yurin stood beside me as we looked at Youngsoo who smiled at her. Our parents led us to a table and immediately, Yurin chose a seat next to her mom, pulling me down next to her.
 
I grunted as my hit the chair then laughed. “You didn’t have to do that, you know?”
 
She shrugged and grinned. We all ordered our drinks and food and continued chatting, well, our parents were.
 
Youngsoo had taken a seat across from us and he looked up at us. “So, about the showcase today,” he began, “It was really cool.” He said, grinning. “Especially Yurin. You looked cool dancing.”
 
I discreetly rolled my eyes. Even in front of our parents he’s like this. Yurin nodded slowly and smiled. “Thanks, I guess.”
 
My mom, who sat next to me, nudged me on the side and whispered to me. “Is that Youngsoo?” I nodded and she frowned. “Hmm…”
 
Dinner went surprisingly well, despite the awkwardness that hung around Youngsoo, Yurin and me. We barely spoken at all and only ate our food. Occasionally, Yurin would plop a vegetable on my plate since she didn’t like it. I only laughed and let her do whatever. Soon, dinner was over. As I walked out of  the restaurant, I got a text from Jeongguk asking if I wanted to come to the beach tomorrow for the whole day to celebrate the success of our showcase.
 
“All of the hyungs are coming too. And if Yurin noona’s parents won’t let her go, then the guys could bring their sisters.” He texted.
 
I grinned and replied then proceeded to tell Yurin before she got into her car. “Really? Hold on, lemme ask really quick.” She stuck her head in the car to ask and a few seconds later, she turned to me and grinned, nodding.
 
I smiled. “Awesome. See you tomorrow, then!”
 

Woot! Double update! I think the next chapter will be the last haha ^^ At the moment, I'm writing a V fic so if you guys want to read that then you'll have to wait a few days hohoho