One .

Just Pretend

 

I’m sitting here in the studio. Watching. Thinking. We were taking a break from dancing so Jimin and Jeongguk were doing funny dances while Yurin video-taped them, laughing.
 
“And what is Jung Hoseok doing?” Yurin turned the camera to me and grinned. And by the way she’s trying hard not to laugh, I’m pretty sure she’s zooming in on my face right now.
 
I stuck out my tongue then grinned. “Wassup.” I waved to the camera.
 
Yurin walked over and sat next to me, taking a video selca of the both of us. She made a silly face then laughed. “Da dan! Yurin and Hoseokkie’s self cam~ woo! Say something.” She nudged me on the side.
 
I chuckled. “Yo yo yo! This is J-Hope.”
 
“Ani, you’re Hoseok.” Yurin cut in.
 
I gave her a look before continuing. “Right now we’re in the practice room practicing for our school’s showcase opening.”
 
“Ani, you were just sitting here you liar.” Yurin cut in again.
 
“Yahh, Yurin-ah!” I whined. She merely laughed and motioned me to continue. “Ok, so I got tired. But I swear, I was practicing.”
 
“Our showcase will be awesome so make sure you come out to xxx theater and support us and our school! Adios~” We both waved to the camera with a big smile and turned it off. “You liar. You didn’t even move, you big poop.”
 
I laughed. “Did too!”
 
Jimin and Jeongguk ran over and bragged about a new dance move they had just created while we were videotaping. “We could use it for the showcase!” Jeongguk motioned to himself and Jimin.
 
Yurin nodded and smiled. “Alrighty then!” As soon as those words left , a low rumble was heard. Her ears turned red and she laughed nervously.
 
Jeongguk, Jimin, and I laughed and I swung an arm around her shoulders. “Let’s go out and eat, guys.”
 
~
 
Practice was cut short the next day since Yurin didn’t feel too well. Jimin and Jeongguk went home while I piggybacked her home.
 
“I’m not heavy, am I?” She mumbled.
 
Ismiled and shook my head. “Ani, I’m pretty much used to this so it’s all good.” 
 
“Sorry anyways. I blame my dad. His dinners when mom isn’t home is just plain terrible. I love him but he should definitely stick to whatever else he does best.” She chuckled softly.
 
We both became silent as we made our way to her house. The sky was getting darker as we neared. Out of nowhere, a dog came running and barking at us. The dog stopped by my feet and looked up at us, panting with its tongue sticking out.
 
“Eh? Dubu-yah?” Yurin said. The dog barked happily. “Hoseok, can you put me down? It’s just my neighbor’s dog.” She asked pulling on my ear.
 
“Ow, ow! Ok, you don’t have to pull my ear.” I set her down as her dog jumped at her. I quickly crouched by her side to see if she was okay.
 
“Oi! Dubu-yah! What the heck!” Someone called out. In the distance, a guy came running towards us. Yurin cursed under her breath as he came closer. “Huh? Yurin!!” He grinned. “Are you okay? What are you doing out here? Did he hurt you?”
 
I helped Yurin stand up and we both faced the guy. “No,” She brushed off the dirt on her thighs, “And I was just on my way home.”
 
He nodded and looked at me. “Who’s..this?”
 
Yurin looked at me and opened . “Uhh..” Something in her eyes made me think that I should just go along with whatever she was going to say. “This is Hoseok. My boyfriend.”
 
I nearly choked on my saliva. Definitely not something I saw coming. I nodded, nonetheless, unable to say anything. The guy looked skeptical but nodded. “Well, it’s nice to meet you, Hoseok.” He didn’t even hold out his hand to shake. Rude. “I’m Youngsoo. I guess I’ll be taking Dubu back now. I’ll see you around, Yurin.” He picked up the dog and walked away quickly.
 
When he was completely out of earshot, I made a face at Yurin. “Boyfriend?!”
 
She laughed. “It was the only way I could get rid of him. Why? Did you not like it?” She grinned and winked.
 
I pushed down the urge to blush and scoffed. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. Do you not like him or something?” Yurin groaned about her stomach pains and I crouched down to piggy back her again.
 
“He likes me.” She said, climbing onto my back. “But I don’t like him.”
 
I nodded slowly as we continued to make our way to her home. “And so you came up with the ridiculous idea that I’m your boyfriend.”
 
She giggled and nodded. “Yup! Which reminds me. That look on his face told me he didn’t believe it one bit so you don’t mind pretending for a few more days, do you? Until he gets off my back. He’s always coming over to my house…”
 
My eye twitched. “Every day?”
 
“Yeah, you cool with that?”
 
I sighed. “I guess.” We continued on in silence until we reached her house. “Are your parents home?”
 
I set her down and she shook her head, digging through her bag. “I do have my keys though, so it’s fine.” She dug around for another minute before smiling sheepishly at me. “Maybe I don’t have my keys.”
 
I face-palmed myself. “I could wait with you until they come home, I guess.” I said, planting my behind on one of the porch chairs.
 
She shook her head and pulled me up. “You do not want to wait. They don’t get home until 4.”
I gave her a stern look. “I’m not going to leave you here by yourself, Yurin-ah. Why don’t you stay at my house then?”
 
She started freaking out and I tried my best to calm her down and convince her to agree. Eventually, she gave in and in my house was where she ended up.
 
“Hoseokkie, you’re home later than usual.” My mom said, walking out of the kitchen with a ladle in her hand. “Omo! Yurin! It’s good to see you sweetie!”
 
Yurin chuckled nervously as I spoke up. “Is it okay if she spent the night?”
 
Mom looked at me with slightly widened eyes and nodded. “Why? Did something happen?”
 
I laughed. “Her parents are still at work and she forgot her keys.” I looked at Yurin whose face was red and I chuckled, ruffling her hair.
 
Mom laughed loudly and wiped her imaginary tears. “Alright, why don’t you kids go wash up. Yurin-ah, you could use my bathroom and I think I have a pair of clothes that you could wear. It still kept it back when I was a teenager.” She chuckled, setting the ladle down and leading Yurin into her room as I made my way towards mine.
 
After washing up and changing, I walked into the kitchen and began helping mom cook. Not long after, Yurin came in and sat at the table, laying her head down. “Are you still feeling bad?” I asked.
 
She looked up at me and shrugged. “I’m just hungry now. Your mom’s food smells nice.” She giggled.
 
Mom then called out, saying that dinners ready. As soon as she did, my dad walked through the front door singing. He stopped when his eyes landed on Yurin who had a huge grin on her face to keep herself from laughing. “Good evening, Mr. Jung.”
 
“H-Hello, Yurin-ah. Oh, god, that was embarrassing.” He mumbled, taking off his coat and hanging it up.
 
“Ani, it was quite entertaining.” Yurin told him. I held my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from laughing.
 
Dad chuckled and took his seat. “So what brings you here, Yurin-ah?” The both of us explained to him what had happened and her nodded in understanding. “You contacted your parents, no?”
 
“Yes sir, I did.”
 
Dinner was finally served and we all sat and ate, talking about our school’s showcase next week and how awesome it’ll be. When dinner was done and we all cleaned up, Yurin and I chilled in my room playing video games and, surprise, games like Just Dance. An hour later, she was sprawled on my bed reading a magazine while I was writing lyrics. Well, she was reading a magazine. Instead, I found her sleeping. I stifled a laugh at her funny position and moved her into a comfortable one, pulling the blanket up to cover her. After that, I proceeded to finishing up the random lyrics I had started, forcing my tiredness to go away. 
 

Phew! First chapter is done! The next chapter will be updated tomorrow, I swear! It'll only be a shortfic so expect this story to end in the next fees days or by the end of the week^^ Thank you guys for reading!