Chapter 3; Charms work

When she spoke.

Weeks had passed, the snow was gone and the weather became nicer.

 

It was strange, how long could a girl shut ? She must be talking just once in a while, right? Nobody in the class ever heard her talking, Jungkook was still trying to steal her heart but it wasn’t going that good. Lina was hard to get, really hard.. and Jiyoung who was chasing Jungkook didn’t made it any better. School was over for today, Lina and Jungkook were the last one who walked out of the classroom and most people were already gone. Jungkook was thinking, but there was no time for thinking, time for action! Jungkook walked next to Lina and looked at her, sighing.

“How can you not talk to me, it’s making me so sad.”

Jungkook pouted and looked at Lina who was smiling slightly, she giggled softly with her hand right in from of her pretty small lips. Jungkook his eyes widened, she giggled, she made a sound! He smiled brightly and looked at Lina, who was looking so pretty in her uniform. He shook his head, he felt like he was going crazy, all because of this bet!

“Let’s hangout this afternoon okay!”

Lina nodded and smiled slightly.

 

Jungkook and Lina walked together over the streets, no pressure of school at all.. And no Jiyoung! Jungkook felt quite relieved. Lina was looking around so much, like she had to hide something.. As soon as they passed an empty alley Lina pulled him into it. She stood in front of Jungkook who looked terrified. She had a strange grin on her face and bit playfully on her lowerlip, pushing Jungkook slightly against the wall. Jungkook didn’t knew what happened, and his heart started to beat quite fast, like the beat of music.

“You know.. why I don’t talk.. Because people aren’t smart enough to interact with a genius like me.”

Lina chuckled and pulled a hand through her hair, looking Jungkook straight in the eyes. She slowly let him go and looked at him. Jungkook’s mouth fell open, she talked.. he couldn’t believe it.. she talked.

“Just kidding.. there is a different reason why I don’t talk.. which I have to tell now.”

Jungkook looked at Lina, unbelievable.

“When I talk, I can hurt people deeply.. I once did.. that person killed himself because of my words, I promised to never ever speak to people which I didn’t know that good.”

Jungkook was quiet, that was actually a touching story.. He understood why, and he felt so guilty that all of this was only for that bet. Now, the only the thing he had to do was making her fall in love with him. He sighed once and looked at Lina.

“That was also the reason you came to our school?”

Lina nodded and sighed, she looked silently at the ground then. Before Jungkook actually had the control about his own body he wrapped his arms around Lina and hugged her, her head was resting against Jungkook’s warm coat. A tear slide down against Lina’s cheek and she sobbed softly. Jungkook’s hands laid on Lina’s back which was also covered with a warm coat. He gently her back to give her a comfortable feeling. She probably never told anyone, maybe her mom.. or not, since she was sad about her mom. Lina was crying more, he didn’t mind to be really honest, he wanted to be here for her.

After Lina was done with crying she looked at Jungkook.

“Why.. do you actually pretend.. to be, a gangster?”

Jungkook sighed and pulled a hand through his hair.

“Because I am.”

He turns around and slowly walked out of the alley, he puts his hands in his pockets and once looked at Lina, who shook her head and then followed Jungkook.

Jungkook P.O.V.

This girl was actually really crazy if I really have to admit, a few weeks ago on the day that I made that bet, she disappeared out of nowhere.

/ FLASHBACK /

As soon as I run up to Lina I say to her that Jiyoung is kind of scary, Lina shrugs her shoulders softly and I keep walking next to her. I just smiled but as soon as Lina stopped walking, I stopped walking too. She looks at me.

“What.. What is it?”

Lina looks angry, and I bite softly on my lowerlip, looking at the ground then. When I look up, Lina is gone.. She disappeared..