From The Moon And Back

Redefined Chemistry between Oil and Water

I am extremely sorry for the late update. I experienced the most exhausting weeks of my life. Haha, hope you guys understand!! And I wasn’t really able to portray the character of Eric as I wanted to, but I really hope you guys enjoy!! I just adore school AU. Hope you guys do as well! 
BTW please #PrayForThePhilippines :( I hope the Filipino ShinChangs out there are as safe as I am! Please take care.

From The Moon And Back


"Why do I always find Mr. Mun on my boyfriend's bed?" Hyesungie entered my room, hugging a pillow. He looked tired yet he still had the energy to complain. But despite his endless complaints, I never got pissed at him. He was pretty easy to understand, like an open book. And not to mention his cute face. How irresistible. Sometimes I wonder how Hyesungie can look so cute no matter the expression he wears. It was a God-given talent.
"That's because I am your boyfriend." I tried to focus on my work but Hyesung had his fiery stare locked towards me. But with that adorable face of his, all I wanted to do was to pinch those pink-tinted cheeks.
"No, Eric is my boyfriend. You, Mr. Mun, are my English teacher." He still had that same threatening gaze towards me, which he did quite often, but I knew not to ignore it. He becomes pretty sensitive when it comes to my attentiveness towards him. "You always have a pen and paper in front of you. If not, you're always typing something on that stupid laptop." Even though I'd love to just spend all of my time with him, I had work to do. Without looking away from my laptop, I tried to defend myself.
"I'm a teacher; I have a job to take care of. You're a high school senior; shouldn’t you be studying or something?" Hyesung's eyebrows furrowed. Not good. But still cute.
"JERK! Do you have any idea how hard I work?!" Hyesung threw his pillow at me and marched out of my bedroom door. I smiled while I tried to catch the thrown pillow and got up from my bed. Hyesungie was a bucket of surprises. And I love him for that. It was another wonderful feat from God that made me fall so hard for this kid.
"AH!" I saw Hyesung seated on the floor just outside my door, clutching his foot. His face was scrunched up in pain. "WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE A HUGE PIECE OF LEGO ON THE FLOOR?!" Hyesung shouted as it seemed like the pain he was experiencing wasn't fading away. I'm sure everyone knows what stepping on a Lego piece—barefoot—feels like. He was so angry; it was almost like he was going to blow up in flames. But that's Hyesungie for ya.
"Well, if the Lego piece is too small, Gomdori might swallow it. So I looked for a bigger one." I tried to joke, but you know Hyesung. I sat down on the floor beside him and tried to examine his hurt foot. "Here, want me to give it a kiss?"
"GROSS. GO AWAY!" Hyesung pushed me but I just laughed. His face turned all red and got even angrier than he was a second ago.
"Okay, okay. C'mon, get on my back; I'll carry you to the bed so that I can finish up then we can both go to sleep."
"No way! I'm not gonna wait for you! I know you might as well be of retirement age, but I'm like ten times more tired than you are." But he still put his arms around my shoulders, allowing me to give him a piggy back. I knew he loved it when I cared for him like that. I know how much he loves it when I dedicate my eyes and ears to him. Not to make him seem like an attention , but well, maybe he is, but only towards me. And I felt pride in that. No matter how difficult his problems may be, he just needs my full attention and he starts smiling again. To have that power over a person is such an honour. I guess God gave me an awesome feat as well.
"I'm 26, Hyesungie. I won't be that old even when you double my age." I brought him to his preferred side of my bed and laid him down, while I sat beside him.
"Stop being such a know-it-all. It makes you seem older than you already are."
"I'll get you an ice pack for that." I smiled as I was about to stand, but Hyesung grabbed my arm.
"It's fine. I know how weak your joints are; Even the act of merely walking to the kitchen can be exhausting for you." Hyesung smiled for the first time that night. I never got angry at him for his jokes about my age because I knew that those jokes would make him forget everything bad that happened to him that day. It was like his rainbow after the storm. How I wish he would kidd about my age for a lifetime just so that I can be assured he'd be happy.
"Do you really wanna test if my joints are weak?" I asked as I slowly straddled him on the bed with a smirk on my face.
"Hey, looks like someone's in the mood." Hyesung smirked as well and pulled my collar down towards him as he gave me a kiss. I kissed him back but broke the kiss shortly.
"And it isn't me. You're right; my joints are weak. I better rest." I rolled off of him and closed my eyes.
"What the hell?! You freakin' tease! I hate you!" Hyesungie turned his back at me and I could just see his pout and his furrowed eyebrows at the back of my head. I stared at his back and I decided to wrap my arms around his waist, spooning him.
"Good night, Hyesungie!" I happily uttered as Hyesung just rolled his eyes.
"Don't pretend like we're okay!" Hyesung tried to struggle out of my embrace to no avail. So he pinched me instead.
"AH! STOP THAT!" Wow, the sting of his pinch is definitely remarkable. I wonder why God gave him that.
"Then stop being so old!" Hyesung said with such seriousness in his voice which just made it even funnier.
"Just sleep already. I'm dead tired."
"Alright, gramps." Hyesung returned and snuggled into my arms.
"Stop calling me that, it's getting kinda old." I smiled at my own pun and kissed the crown of Hyesungie's head.
"That's how my grandpa used to kiss me." Hyesung teased, once again.
"Oh will you stop. 8 years isn't that big of an ." I complained. But I didn't really mind. I loved it when Hyesung was playful.
"Oh will you stop..aging." Hyesung giggled and turned around in my embrace to face me. "Alright, that's it for tonight. All I wanted was a proper kiss. How could you not notice? Maybe your senses are too worn out from old age." Hyesung kissed me on the lips for a short while, then his face softened and got all serious again. "You know why I get mad at you, right?"
"Because I'm an old jerk?" I joked, but it probably wasn't the right time to. Hyesungie liked to get serious an emotional right before he slept. It was kinda weird, but I liked it. It kept us grounded.
"Shut up.” Hyesung smiled a bit, but came back to being frank. “I just want to have you all to myself. You turned me into this selfish short-tempered kid. Why do you spoil me so much?" Hyesung's facial expression was so sincere that it was almost uncomfortable. But I knew that it was just his way of showing his love for me. Such a cute little boy. The thought makes me smile.
"I like it when you get mad at me." Hyesungie looked confused which made his face a million times cuter. Was that even possible? "You make me feel so important to you when you do. Don't feel bad and just go to sleep, okay?"
"You know how much I love you right?" Hyesungie asked with all seriousness while I still had a smile on my face. I gave him a small peck on his lips and sighed.
"From the moon and back?" I replied before he closed his eyes. He smiled as he nodded, seemingly amused at my reply. "Good night Hyesungie" I closed my eyes and waited to hear his soft snores before I sneaked away from the bed and went back to work.