Rec Room I

Redefined Chemistry between Oil and Water

Hey guys! I just wanna thank you all for the responses. I love you all!! :)
This is gonna be two chapters! Sorry for mistakes. Enjoy!!

 

"I did something amazing to help those two. I'm such a great friend." Minwoo boasted after he requested Dongwan, Junjin, and Andy to help him out with something while treating them to dinner out.
"Are they really that bad?" Junjin asked as he delightfully took a bite out of the expensive steak Minwoo was paying for.
"Hyesung wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom if it'd mean he'd be left alone with Eric." Minwoo explained as he recalled what had happened a couple of days back.
"So what naughty plan do you have in store?" Dongwan wondered as he smiled at Minwoo, knowing that the dancer had something hidden up his sleeve.
"It's actually on-going." Minwoo pulled out his phone as he explained his plan. "I connected the CCTVs of our recording studio to my phone so that we could see what would happen with the two of them when left alone. I told both Hyesung and Eric that I'd be there, but obviously, I'm not. As you can see, Hyesung's already there. Now we just have to wait for Eric to arrive."
"Do you really think this would help them?" Andy asked as he took a sip from his glass of red wine.
"Well this was all I could think of, so it better." Minwoo replied with hopeful eyes.
"Look, I think Eric arrived!!" Dongwan excitedly announced as they all gathered around Minwoo's phone.
Eric walked inside and met Hyesung's eyes. The taller man just sat on the couch and started reading something he grabbed from the coffee table, while Hyesung remained leaning on the recording panel. The lead singer observed Eric for a while, but that ended shortly as he started fiddling with the different knobs and buttons.
"Oh god, it's like I can feel the awkwardness from here." Minwoo commented.
“It’s like watching Minwoo’s video during episode 5 of ShinBang when he was singing in the shower.” Junjin joked as Minwoo complained.
“I won because of that! At least I wasn’t disqualified like somebody.” Minwoo defended as he stuck his tongue out at Junjin which caused the other members to laugh at their silliness.
Hyesung suddenly said something which made Eric look up from what he was reading. This action caused the laughing group to quiet down again and go back to the reality show of RicSyung.
After Hyesung's lips stopped moving, Eric fished out his phone. He typed up something short, and then threw it on the coffee table. At the same time, Minwoo's phone vibrated. It was a text from Eric.
"You're late. Still coming?"
Minwoo replied, saying:
"Sorry, something came up with my mom again. Please start without me."
After Minwoo replied, they watched the two awkward members again. Eric silently read Minwoo's message, it looked like he read it out loud to Hyesung, and stood up. He got one of the papers on the table and showed it to Hyesung as he stood beside him and started underlining and encircling some words. Hyesung kept nodding but never said another word.
"I've never seen their faces that close before." Dongwan commented as he closely observed the two. "This is creeping me out. I feel like a peeping tom." Andy uttered as he looked away and got a handful of grapes from a bowl.
"C'mon, they're our members anyway. We don't hide anything from one another." Minwoo replied as his eyes never left his phone. After Eric finished explaining to Hyesung his parts and what he was supposed to do, Hyesung entered the recording booth and began singing. But Eric looked dissatisfied. He kept telling Hyesung something after a few seconds of singing and would scrunch his eyebrows together. Hyesung just kept singing while Eric just kept getting more impatient.
"This is getting boring." Junjin interrupted. They all released a sigh as they suddenly felt hopeless.
"What do we do now?" Andy asked Minwoo. "It didn't work hyung."
"Well I'm not giving up. Something's bound to happen, I just know it." Minwoo replied.
They still continued watching anyway, even though it just looked like Eric was scolding Hyesung for the past half-hour. Eric suddenly signaled Hyesung to come out of the booth. The members were suddenly shocked when Hyesung started to cry. The said member uttered something short; something that looked like 'I'm sorry'. He bowed his head down while Eric just stood in front of him with his arms crossed.
"I'm starting to feel bad for Hyesung hyung. Eric gets grumpier when no one else is around. It happens a lot to me." The youngest confessed.
"Wait, wait. Guys look!" Minwoo exclaimed as he pointed at his phone. Eric's hands were on Hyesung's shoulders. His face looked tired. He was saying something to Hyesung which Hyesung just kept nodding to.
When all of a sudden, the two hugged. Eric was rubbing Hyesung's back while Hyesung just cried on Eric's shoulder. The other members held their breath. They couldn't even look at one another.
"That's..weird." Minwoo broke their short moment of silence.
"Guys." Junjin suddenly interrupted with his eyes looking nervous for some reason. Eric's hands were on Hyesung's cheeks as he wiped the vocalist’s tears with his thumbs. "I think I'm gonna puke. This doesn't make any-" Junjin wasn't even able to exhale the air he gasped in after Eric's lips attached to Hyesung's. This was one hell of a night.