2

Love Only Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doojoon POV

After Dr. Choi had done his check up for Hyuna, Grandfather and I follow him back to his consulting room. Jihyun stay back with Hyuna to accompany her.

“She has suffered psychogenic amnesia or you can call it as selective amnesia. Loss of memory regarding certain issues, events, and individuals which is too wide-ranging to be accounted for by typical forgetfulness. Commonly considered to have emotional rather than temporal causes, and is generally convenient or offers some benefit for the sufferer.”

“Each person's life would be a lot of things goes wrong, there are some soon forgotten, but there are some always lingering, no matter how hard he/she wanted to draw a blank. Repeatedly tortured every day all the time with his/her fragile nerves, kept wandering in the brink of collapse. Shame, anger, grievances, and so deceived intertwined with complex emotions. Forget was the best way to protect yourself. Selective amnesia, in psychology to say what is a defense mechanism. Popular to say, if people encounter a powerful stimulus, the stimulus so that the people cannot accept, then he will choose to forget this subconscious thing, it will form a "selective amnesia." However, although on the surface seem to forget this thing, but it is the shadow is still there.”

“Many people do not want to remember that there had been some of your own experiences, or experienced major setbacks, or experiencing feelings of misfortune, and so forth, so hope that through "selective amnesia" to forget these experiences. From a psychological perspective, this task is impossible. 

“First, although there is a selective amnesia optional, but is actually a "passive." Here the word "optional" means that we can forget a thing did not affect memory for other things, does not mean that we can actively choose to forget the content, so forget what the specific thing, it is not you and I can decide.”

“Second, even selective amnesia, it is not truly forgotten. This is not what we usually forget that the things we have no influence on, on the contrary, we need to waste part of the effort to suppress it, but occasionally it will in some way always affects our demeanor.”

“Thrid. Selective amnesia occurs because the majority is immediate in nature, such as the brain appear immediately after the impact, or heard immediately after being abandoned. So many times when you're experiencing some trouble, and want to pass this method to forget these experiences, it is certain that you are looking in the wrong way, including the hypnotic, suggesting various methods.”

“Fourth, the reason why many people want to use this way to forget something, the main reason is that this matter be avoided. Most of the time, this is because of their immaturity: the experience cannot be integrated into the self-concept among. In general, the time can help us better to accept these experiences. If the event in your life, work, and study caused serious damage, the most direct suggestion is to look for a regular counselor.”

After the talk with Dr. Choi, Grandfather and I when to the café and discuss about what we are going to do next. Dr. Choi given out many recommendations and this amnesia wasn’t long term, soon or later Hyuna will remember bit by bit. And during the process Hyuna will suffer headache as her defense mechanism will start to act up for not wanting to remember.

“We will just hide it away from Hyuna. I think this was the best for her.” grandfather suggested

“But she will one day remember. We can’t hide it from her forever.” I reason out. I understand the intention of grandfather. But I don’t think this was best solution.

“Did you know where Junhyung now? He was gone already. He never returns since the day Hyuna came back. I even release the new to the media and spread the news to the whole world that Hyuna going to get marry but he never appears to stop. Hyuna suffer enough and I don’t want her to go back to the time when she was emotionless.” I understand. I really do understand the issues. But still I think that Hyuna should know the truth. Whether a not Hyuna need to know. If one day I was in Hyuna position, I would wish to know the truth whether I will remember. 

“Grandfather, I understand your intention but I will tell Hyuna the truth. She can choose whether she wanted to remember or start a brand new life. It was her choice and her life.” I stayed strong with my own point of view. And I understand Hyuna that she would wish to know the truth and she deserve the truth about her past life. Whether to build a new life will be up to her choice. I will follow her choice and help her. No matter what she was my only younger sister that I had and forever I will dote her and love her.

“Fine. But you will be the one going to tell her.” Grandfather heaved sigh in defeat. I don’t mind being the one to tell her the truth.

“I will talk to her but grandfather, are you going to continue the arrange marriage. Please think about Hyuna happiness first. I will never approve Hyuna to get marry to Kim Jaejoong. You know what I’m talking and why I never approve.” Yes. That arranges marriage. That plan that grandfather had created. Kim Jaejoong doesn’t deserve my Hyuna and Hyuna deserve someone better than that womanizer.

After one hour of talk with grandfather, we when back to Hyuna sickroom. And I needed to tell Hyuna everything. Everything about her relationship with Junhyung.

“Hyun-ah.” Grandfather called out Hyuna name softly. Hyuna expression was priceless. I think she still not use to the new grandfather.

“Grandfather. I’m still not use to your nice to me.” I think Hyuna love the care she receives from grandfather but still she couldn’t get used to this affection from a grandfather. She was a troublemaker in school but her grade never let anyone worry. She created trouble just to get attention from grandfather. After some time of period her troublemaker became part of her.

“And so you must get used to this. I will be going to stick with you every day so you can get used this.” Grandfather sat on chair beside Hyuna bed. Ok. This was really cheesy that even I couldn’t get used to it.

“Was the air c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter