Strange Neighbors and a Chicken Dinner

But I'm NOT Gay!

 

Key and Jonghyun brought the last of the boxes into their new apartment. Jonghyun began opening boxes at random while Key took a look around. The apartment they ‘chose’ had to be approved by Jonghyun’s umma before she allowed her son to move. This apartment was on the approved list with a specific purpose- Key could tell.

When it came to “privacy” the only rooms available were the bathroom and the bedroom. Then there was the living room and the combination kitchen and dining room. Sure there was the usual linen closet and pantry… but ONE bedroom. ONE? That meant sharing a room and- with the promise of frequent parental visits- a bed.

Jonghyun went to Key who was still staring at the bedroom. “Everything alright, Key?”

“Huh? Yeah, fine. Everything is fine.” Key smiled.

“So, what do you want to do for dinner?”

“Well we haven’t unpacked anything that can be used in the kitchen yet other than plates and utensils, so let’s just order something for tonight.”

“Alright, I’ll take care of dinner so that you can start unpacking your stuff.” Jonghyun flashed a smile before leaving the bedroom.

Key stood in the middle of the room- perplexed. Wait a minute. I agreed to this crazy rooming thing but how long are we going to have to live like this? With nowhere to direct his question, Key sighed and went over to his boxes. Seven boxes in and he finally found his towels and sheets (he couldn’t believe how many boxes he had packed). As he placed the items in the linen closet he began to wonder where Jonghyun was- the apartment had been quiet for way too long.

He began searching. Bathroom-no; living room- no; he went into the kitchen/dining room and saw no one there either. He was about to grab his cell and call Jonghyun when there was a knock at the door.

“Jonghyun? Is that you?” There was no reply. “Aish! Where’s that guy go?” Key mumbled as he headed to the door. Upon opening the door he was greeted by a man holding a bucket of chicken. “Hello?”

“Hi! You’re new here right?” The man smiled.

“Uh… yeah. I’m Kim Kibym I just moved in here with my-“ Are we supposed to say we’re a couple when we’re with the neighbors? I’m not sure… I guess I should just play it safe… “I just move in here with Kim Jonghyun.”

“Kim Kibum and Kim Jonghyun?” He paused. “Alright! I’m Lee Jinki- but you can call me Onew- I live right across the hall.”

“Hi Onew! By the way you can call me Key- I prefer that anyway.” Key smiled.

Just then Jonghyun came back. He had a bag filled with papers and did not expect to see a man at their door, let alone his roommate would be talking to him. “Key!” quickly turned his head to look at Jonghyun.

“There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you!”

“Obviously you didn’t look too hard or you would have seen the note I left you.” Jonghyun smirked.

“Note?” Key’s face showed his confusion. Suddenly the man (who was still standing in the doorway) turned to face Jonghyun. Hi there! You must be Kim Jonghyun, I’m Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew.” Onew smiled.

“Hi Jinki-Onew.” This guy looks really familiar. “You want to come in?”

“No thanks! I just came by to welcome you to the building! Oh! And…” Onew produced a small container. “Here’s some chicken! I hope we can become friends.” Onew gave Key the small container and left the two standing there.

Key turned to Jonghyun, “Welcome back. Now, where is this note?” Jonghyun laughed and motioned for key to follow him. They went into the kitchen and Jonghyun opened the fridge door and brought out a bottle of water with a piece of paper taped to the front.

“YAH! KIM JONGHYUN! Are you serious?! That’s just ridiculous!”

Just then there was another knock at the door. Key and Jonghyun looked at each other before heading to the door. They opened it and were greeted by two more strangers.

“Hello…” Jonghyun spoke first.

“Hi there! I’m Lee Taemin and this is Choi Minho.” The shorter of the two at the door smiled.

“Hi Taemin…” Key proceeded to introduce himself and Jonghyun.

“We just came by to welcome you to the building!” Taemin smiled even wider.

“We live right next door to you.” Minho pointed to the door of his apartment.

“So… You two live together?” Jonghyun hesitatingly asked.

“Yup! You’re both living here to; ne, Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun just nodded. Key stared at his friend and his neighbors, he could sense that some of them were beginning to feel awkward. He cleared his throat.

“Taemin, Minho, would you like to come in for a bit?”

“Sur-“

“No thank you.” Minho covered Taemin’s mouth, “We were just about to leave you. Before we do, we wanted to give you something.” Minho brought out a few small containers while Taemin handed them two bottles.

“What are-“ Key started.

“Where did-“ Jonghyun ogled.

“Welcome presents!” Taemin smiled.

“Just take these and enjoy your dinner tonight.” Minho finally gave a slight smile and left ushering Taemin back to their apartment.

Jonghyun and Key went back into their kitchen. They placed all of the items their neighbors had given them on the table- it was a complete (chicken) dinner!

“So many questions…” Jonghyun shook his head.

“Yet no real answers…” Key continued.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey there! I don't really have too much to say this time around... okay I might've lied hold on... :)

First I'd like to thank you for being patient with any errors (spelling, typing, grammatical) that you may find. I'm against proof reading my own works because I will always leave more mistakes and I feel it doesn't do justice to the story that way.

Second, I'd like to thank all of you for being awesome enough to take the time and read this story. There's more to come, but I'm not sure what my schedule will be like next week. So I may not be able to update as many times as I did this week.

and Finally, if anyone is still confused over Jonghyun's family and his umma's strange way I'll be writing a blog entry. I will post the link to that in the next update.

Love to all!

~BaiLingLing