You said WHAT?!

But I'm NOT Gay!

 

“Hey umma, can I rent an apartment closer to school?” His umma dropped her glass and it shattered on the floor. “Umma! Are you alright? You’re not bleeding anywhere, are you? Umma?” Jonghyun becan to fuss over his umma.

“J-jonghyunnie, my son, what did you just ask me?”

“You’re not bleeding anywhere are you??” He tilted his head.

“No, the other one.”

“Are you alright?” His head tilted just a little bit further. His umma couldn’t take it anymore.

“No! What did you ask before I dropped my glass?” Jonghyun gulped.

“Can I rent an apartment closer to school?”

“Why would you want to do that?” Her voice was shrill.

“Convenience?”

“No. No. There is no way you could afford that. I will not condone you moving out simply for convenience.”

Think fast Jonghyun! “The what should I tell my boyfriend?” His umma had started out the door, but whipped back around at this remark. Jonghyun’s face dropped “Oops.”

“Jonghyunnie! You have a boyfriend? Why didn’t you say so sooner? Of course you can move in with him!”

“Really?” Jonghyun’s face lit up. “Thanks Umma!” Sorry Key.

“So who’s the lucky boy? Do I know him?”

Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck. “Uh, yeah… kind of…” I wouldn’t call him lucky though… He doesn’t even know about this yet…

“So?” His Umma looked at him expectantly.

Jonghyun took a deep breath, “It’s Key.”

“Key? You mean that Kibum kid from school?”

Jonghyun just nodded his head. He was weaving a tale so riddled with holes his guilt was already weighing heavily on his mind…

“That’s great honey! When are you planning on moving?”

“I’m not sure, we wanted to wait until I got approval from you…”

“Well? What are you waiting for? Go call the boy!”

Jonghyun ran to his bedroom and called Key. After a few rings Key finally answered.

“KEY! Are you free for a bit?”

“Ouch! Yeah, why?”

“Can we meet up and talk?”

“Sure thing. Meet me at the coffee shop.”

“Alright.”

“The two hung up and headed to the coffee shop. When they finally sat down they had a drink of their choice and a muffin for Jonghyun.

“Alright, what’s happening Jonghyun?”

“Key! I’m so sorry! I mean, really sorry! I mean totally and completely sorry!” Jonghyun panicked almost immediately. Key was taken aback by his friend’s sudden exclamation.

“Why what’s wrong? Did your umma say no to getting an apartment after you destroyed my will power of ‘no’?”

Jonghyun shook his head, “She said yes.”

“That’s great! How’d you convince her?”

Jonghyun’s eyes grew wider (if that was possible).

“I am really, truly sorry, Key!”

“Why?” Key was totally confused at this point.

“She agreed because of…” Jonghyun allowed his sentence to hang.

“Because of what?”

“She agreed because I told her who I am moving in with.”

Key smirked, “So your umma must really trust me, why are you sorry?”

“Because… I told her what you are to me?”

Key’s smirk was quickly replaced with a look of concern. “Best friends? What does that have to do with anything?” Jonghyun shook his head.

“Aniyo. That’s not what I told her…” Jonghyun voiced, although it was barely audible. Key’s look became indiscernible.

“What did you say to her?”

“Uh… B-b-boyfriends?” Jonghyun smiled awkwardly trying to convince Key- and failing.

“YAH! Kim Jonghyun! When I agreed to help THIS is NOT what I signed on for!”

“Please Key? ALMIGHTY Key? Please! We just have to act… certain ways around my parents- Please!” Jonghyun began to plead with his friend.

“Hyung, listen, we can’t just…” Key tried looking away from his pleading friend so that he could continue speaking but his gaze ended up on Jonghyun again, “ I can’t just…” again, Jonghyun’s eyes were pleading, “Your parents…” once more, “AISH! Why amI in this situation?!” Jonghyun’s pleading eyes won over his friend yet again- “Fine, but we’ll be doing this my way.”

“Thank you so much Key!” Jonghyun hugged his friend.

“YAH! Jjong! People are staring!” Key said in a hushed tone.

“Sorry!”

Key smacked Jonghyun's arm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey there! I'm glad to hear from those that are enjoying the story!

@Juliette95 I hope that you enjoy this update! :)

@ayeshalee I'm glad you like the story so far! :) Also, determination HAD to win there! lol! I doubt there is a soul alive who could resist the pout and teary eyes! :)