Jealousy

What Does This Button Do?

There is a tense moment of silence in the room. The only sounds Kris could hear was his beating heart and his heavy breathing. Chanyeol was quiet and motionless in his arms. Kris was beyond anxious of Chanyeol's answer but he doesn't know what to expect. He doesn't know what to do if Chanyeol says what he hopes, and he doesn't know what to do if he has to face rejection. The silence seems to last for an eternity before Kris spoke up.

"Say something... anything please," He begged, searching for any clues on Chanyeol's face. Chanyeol was particularly pale, eyes wide and mouth ajar. Another moment of silence passed before Chanyeol mustered up the courage to speak up.

"Kris...," Chanyeol sputtered. "I don't know."

Kris searches his lost eyes, desperately looking for an answer. Chanyeol looks everywhere but at Kris.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Kris asked, gulping down the lump in his throat.

"I-I'm not ready." Chanyeol turns away from Kris' touch. Kris bit his lips and tries to face him again.

"I can help you," Kris convinced. "I can help you get ready. Please try it. Give me a chance."

Chanyeol looked at his feet, biting his lips and looking at Kris with hurt, desperate eyes. His lips were quivering and his eyes displayed anxiety.

"No..." Chanyeol shook away from Kris' grasp on his waist and stood up, hastily fleeing to his bedroom. Kris' heart sunk.

Kris could only stare and swallow his tears. His heart was being ripped up and torn to pieces. Kris couldn't breath, everything seems to hurt. The lump in his throat grew and it was choking him. He put his face in his hands.

He dragged himself to the bathroom, hoping to clear his mind off of the recent events. He looked at himself in the mirror, he almost couldn't recognize his own face. His eyes were red and puffy, a dark ring surrounding them. His nose was red and irritated, his lips chapped. His perfectly styled hair was now a shadow of his former brilliance. He couldn't look at himself in such a miserable state. He opened the sink and splashed some water on his burning face, hoping it would wash off his sadness and heartbreak too.

But everyone knows that isn't possible.

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath. How did things get this way? Chanyeol had no idea how to feel. He never knew the alien harbored feelings for him. 

Chanyeol brought his hands up to his face and rubbed his eyes. He felt wetness on his cheek. He didn't remember crying. How was he supposed to face him now? It wasn't that Chanyeol didn't like Kris. He sure as hell didn't hate him right? Chanyeol liked Kris, but it wasn't the way that Kris liked him. Chanyeol felt conflicted and unsure about everything. He knew he had some attraction towards the alien, but he was unready and love didn't really cross his mind. He had to leave after he dropped the bomb. He didn't want to see how much damage he made. He didn't want to see how much he killed Kris.

Chanyeol grabbed a couple of tissues and wiped his wet face. He was full with so many emotions, it felt like his whole body was going to explode. He didn't know how to face Kris. How was he going to live with him now?

 

Kris felt better. But inside he was still dying.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. He didn't want to answer it.

It was ringing incessantly now. Kris groaned, not budging from his slouching position on the sofa. He hears the doorknob of Chanyeol's room turn and Chanyeol step out. Chanyeol slowly made his way to the front door, refusing to look at Kris' face. Kris on the other hand, couldn't tear his eyes away from Chanyeol. He couldn't miss a single second of his existence.

Chanyeol opened his door and revealed a nervous Sehun.

"Sehun?" Chanyeol asked. "Why are you here?"

"I-" Sehun frantically looked everywhere, playing with his fingers and biting his lips.

"Chanyeol!" Chanyeol nearly jumped out of his skin. Tao jumped out behind Sehun and waves at him rapidly.

"T-Tao?" Chanyeol squeaked as Tao gave him the hardest hug of his life. Kris got up from his seat on the sofa and walked quickly to the scene.

"You know this guy?!" Sehun pointed at the overly hyper alien who was grinning a sly smirk at him.

"Yes..." Chanyeol admitted, smiling kindly at Tao. Tao was grinning equally as wide, maybe even wider at Chanyeol.

"Well I know this seems a bit odd and unbelievable but-"

"Did he abduct you from the streets and force you to find the location of my house?" Sehun's eyes widened. That was exaclty what Tao did. He couldn't believe it.

"H-How did you know?!" Sehun's mouth was agape from surprise. Chanyeol throws him a knowing smirk.

"I just do."

Chanyeol invited Tao and Sehun into his house. They all sat down on the sofa.

"So what exaclty happened?" Chanyeol asked calmly. Sehun looked like he had a lot to say.

"Well okay. So I was happily walking to your house today and then I saw this huge shadow. I could've swore it looked like some enormous spaceship. I looked above of me but I didn't see anything. Then I was freaking ABDUCTED! Like those stupid sci-fi books you have," Sehun pointed at Tao, " This guy told me that he was an alien from the future and that he would kill me if I didn't show him the direction to your house." Sehun narrowed his eyes at Tao when he was finished. Tao looked back at him with an angelic eye smile.

Chanyeol sighed as he looked at Tao. "You should believe him."

Sehun widened his eyes and shot Chanyeol an are-you-freaking-serious face. Chanyeol tilted his head up and replied with a I'm-so-freaking-serious face.

Chanyeol started explaining the whole story to his poor confused friend. He explained how he was abducted by Kris and that's why he was here right now. His friend seemed to take it extremely well.

Everyone's eyes landed on the previously ignored alien. He was sitting on the couch across from Chanyeol, looking at his feet.

"Kris?" Tao looked at his curiously. "What happened to you?" Tao suddenly noticed his hyung's gloomy state. He lost the shine in his eyes and the happy in his system.

"Tao, I'm fine," Kris tried to give him a reassuring smile, but it ended up looking miserable. Tao gave him an unconvinced look, but shook it off.

Chanyeol cleared his throat. "Do you guys want something to eat or drink?"

"Chanyeol, can you give me toast?" Tao asked curiously. Chanyeol laughed at the younger alien and nodded his head. Sehun eyed the alien.

"Me too! Me too!" Sehun added, flailing his arms around. Chanyeol smiled and nodded again before he looked at Kris, who was staring back at him. Kris shook his head and looked away. Chanyeol's smile died and turned his head around too, focusing on making the toast.

Soon, four pieces of buttered toast were prepared and sitting on individual plates. Tao was the first one to grab a slice, then came Sehun. Tao cautiously stares at the toast. He looks at Sehun, who shoved his slice in his mouth, chewing cheerfully. He copied Sehun's steps and bit into the toast. He had never done something like this before. His face lighted up and he shoved the rest of the bread in his mouth.

"Oh my god! This is the best thing in the universe!" Tao finished his toast. "Can I have another one?" Chanyeol chuckled, nodding his head.

Chanyeol still felt uneasy about the situation. Even though Kris said he didn't want one, he made one for him anyway. The piece of toast was laying on its plate, untouched. Chanyeol picked it up and walked over to the sofa where Kris was. He shoved the plate in his face. Kris looked up. Chanyeol mustered all his courage not to run away and gave him his biggest smile. He hope it worked.

Kris looked slightly dazed and surprised, before slowly reaching and accepting his toast. He sighed as Chanyeol walked back into the kitchen and helped Tao toast his bread.

Before Chanyeol knew it, Tao finished a whole loaf of bread, and all his butter. Chanyeol face-palmed. If he thought Kris was a black hole, Tao was a even bigger one. He heard Kris grunt irritated when Tao asked for slice after slice. Chanyeol couldn't help but laugh at Kris' pissed off face. Kris' features softened as he looked back at the smiling Chanyeol.

 

They all had fun watching movies until it got dark. They were watching horror movies this time too. Tao seemed to be way more impressed than Kris was. This time though, Chanyeol sat farthest from Kris, to the edge of the long couch. Sehun and Tao in the middle between them. Throughout the movie, Tao hugged Sehun in fear and the other hugged him back, glad that he had someone to hold on. Tao could not watch ghost movies, even if it would save his life. He ended up crying and chickening out. Sehun comforting him by rubbing circles on his back. Chanyeol chuckled lovingly at the warm sight, while Kris just scoffs.

Soon, Sehun decided to go home, which left Tao all by himself. They all got ready for bed.

Tao and Kris were on the couches and Chanyeol was in his room.

"Kris?" Tao meekly whispers. He shifts uncomfortably on the couch, unable to find a comfy position.

"Hmm?" Kris mumbles, opening his eyes. The truth is, he couldn't sleep, not without Chanyeol by his side.

"I'm scared," Tao whispers. " and this is really uncomfortable." Kris groaned.

"I know."

"I want to sleep with Chanyeol," Tao complained. " He has a soft big bed."

Kris widened his eyes.

"Y-You can't."

"Why not?" Tao whined, not getting why he couldn't.

"Because you just can't."

Tao stood up. "You're not giving me a good enough reason." He makes his way to Chanyeol's bedroom. Kris gasps and quickly sits up.

"W-Wait!" Tao was already in Chanyeol's room, doors closed.

 

"Tao?" Chanyeol sits up on his bed. Tao smiled softly at him.

"Chanyeol, I'm scared," Tao admits, walking to Chanyeol's bed. Chanyeol laughs and ruffles Tao's hair. Truth is, he couldn't sleep either. He was scared also. He pats the space next to him on the bed, inviting Tao on it. Tao squeals excitedly and jumps onto the bouncy bed.

Chanyeol sighed. "Tao, I'm scared too. Do you wanna do something to get it off your mind? It'll be fun."

Tao smiles. "Okay! So what are we going to do?"

 

"TAO OHMYGOD"

Kris widens his eyes at the sound of Chanyeol's raspy voice.

"OH GOD. CURSE  YOU TAO, SLOW THE HELL DOWN."

Kris sits up from the sleeping position that he was in.

"UGH FASTER! GO FASTER DAMN IT"

Kris swallows the lump in his throat. He fists his pillow and clenches his jaw. Could they really be...

"YES! HA YES!" Tao's voice was blarring through the thin bedroom door.

"Noo I came second!" He hears Chanyeol's voice whine loudly. Kris immediately stands up and rushes to Chanyeol's bedroom. He opens the door and barges into the bedroom.

Tao and Chanyeol were both on the bed...with game controllers in their hands. Kris' eyes land on the T.V in front of them; they were playing Mario Kart. Kris gulps at the two's confused expressions.

"Yes...?" Tao asked and looked at Kris with an arched eyebrow. Kris looked around everywhere but Chanyeol's face.

"Uhh I was looking for my uniform," Kris bluffed. Tao's eyebrow raised even higher.

"Why would you need that at a time like this?" Tao retorted, pointing at the clock. It was past midnight. Kris frowned.

"I just need it okay?" Kris pretended to look around for his uniform. When he finally locates it, he takes it and exits the room, closing the door.

Kris sighs. He makes it back to the couch and lays on it. He was now conflicted with so many emotions. Kris stared at the imprint on the sofa that Tao was previously laying on. Kris would not admit it ever, but he was madly jealous of his comrade. Was it a bad idea to let Tao come and live here?

 

Kris didn't know anymore.

 

 

 


Hohohoho. This was a bit angsty (人´∀`*) 

Don't kill me (;*´Д`)ノ I will assure you that this will be a happy ending (。・ω・。)b.meyybe even ? trololol

Thank you for still reading, if you still are. I really love it when you guys leave comments. I read every single one of them, so thank you. I really appreciate it when you take time to actually type things out for me. That sounds lame, but yeah it's true!