05

Thunderstruck

~2 Days Later~

 

 

I got a call from the hospital that Seungho already awake and i could come to see him already. It’s been 2 days since him being unconscious post-surgery, leaving me and Byunghee worried as hell. So, to celebrate this moment, me and Byunghee decided to come to the hospital as we cheer him up.  

 

It was Sunday, I went to the hospital as I bring some fruits for us to eat. When I arrived at his room, I could see Byunghee already there, watching the television together with Seungho,

 

“Hi”, said Seungho as he tried to sit properly.

 

I run to him as I help him to sit, “don’t push yourself, or you’ll reopen the wound again”

 

“ ’s okay”, he smiled slightly.

 

“But still… you really have a high life spirit, huh. The moment I found you in front of the burned-down house, I thought you were over already”, said Byunghee as he tease Seungho.

 

ya”, Seungho draw his punch to Byunghee’s arm, in full power.

 

“ouch! I thought you still have no power to do such brutal things on me… what a boy!”, Byunghee grunted.

 

I just giggled as I open the curtain and tidying up his clothes. It was my clothes, actually, since the fire eats his goods already. But well, I don’t really mind about it, since it’s for Seungho. For me, I’ll even give my life for him, if needed.

 

Byunghee helped me clean the fruit as I tried to look for a nice channel on television. Seungho told me to stop at the news, so I stopped. It was the incident that being reported on the television. Looks like the police managed to catch the debt collector, as they promised. Byunghee put the fruits on a plate and turn the television off before the news finished. Both Seungho and me were grunted,

 

“What’s that for?!”, I asked Byunghee, waiting for explanation.

 

“No need to dwell on the past, just leave them be. The present is the one that matters. Besides, I guess as long as Seungho is fine, then is enough, don’t you think?”, Byunghee explained his reason.

 

“Well, it’s…”, I just flustered.

 

“…True”, said Seungho.

 

“Great. Now help me peel these apple, Sanghyun”, said Byunghee as he give me another knife.

 

“I’ll help”, Seungho tried to grab my knife.

 

I slap his hands as I told him, “No, the injured one should just lie down and behave. Try to be a good boy”

 

We just chuckled together as the sun started to set, blurting out its reddish color.

 

“So… what will you do from now on, Seungho?”, ask Byunghee.

 

“…Dunno”, said Seungho as he gazing through the window.

 

“You guys can live in my house for a while. Your house also got burned, right, Byunghee?”, I advised them.

 

“Well, it needs some re-touch here and there…”, said Byunghee.

 

“I don’t want to be a burden to you…”, said Seungho.

 

“Hey, it’s not an advice. It’s an order. You guys will live with me for the time being. Well, it’s will be better if you guys were staying for a very long period. I’m kind of lonely, you see…”, I replied shyly.

 

“You know what, you look frighteningly cute right now”, said Byunghee nonchalantly as he ate the apple.

 

“agreed”, said Seungho.

 

“Well, I’m sorry for being frighteningly cute, then!”, I yelled at them.

 

They just giggled as Seungho bite his apple.

 

“Well, we need to take care of the administration. You take a good care of Seungho, will you?”, said Byunghee as he stand up.

 

“Leave it to me! Come back quick, ‘kay?”, I replied him.

 

“See you”, said Seungho.

 

Smiled, Byunghee walked out as he closed the door.

 

Without the energy ball Byunghee the room feels quite awkward.

 

“so… I know the reason you want to meet me at that day.” I tried to engage a conversation with just both of us.

 

“and…?”, asked Seungho.

 

“It’s because of this, right?”, I my shirt as I show the thunder-shaped pendant that hanged around my neck.

 

I could see his face is starting to blush. It’s really rare for him to be this way.

 

“W, well…”, said Seungho flustered.

 

“You want to surprise me, by that sudden mail. and yeah, things happens…”, I button my shirt back.

 

“You get it already, that’s what matters”, replied Seungho as he smiled.

 

Flustered, I just divert my eyes to the window. Just silence filled the room, but it was warm.

 

I tried to put some courage into myself,

 

“Seungho-ssi”, I called him.

 

He look at me shyly. I grab his shoulder,

 

“This is my reply for the necklace”

 

And kiss him.

 

*****