03

Thunderstruck

I looked left end right, it was chaos. Many people were gathering around, there is some firefighter car and police car, surrounding the burned down houses. The fire started to calm itself down, but it doesn’t really matter now,

 

“Seungho, where are you?!”, I’m looking for him frantically.

 

“Here, SangHyun-ssi!”, I heard Byunghee voice calling for me.

 

I run across the crowd, towards the ambulance with Byunghee waving his hands.

 

“Where is he?”, I panted.

 

“Inside, they’re preparing themselves before going to the hospital. To think such cruel things happen over and over is…”, Said Byunghee with his hoarse voice, his eyes got teary.

 

“I’ll take a look inside…”, I give a big hug to Byunghee, tears also started to filled my eyes.

 

“I’ll help you to talk about the situation with the police then”, said Byunghee as he wipe his teary eyes.

 

“Thanks, I owe you one”, I pat his shoulder as he smiles back

 

“Don’t be. It’s Seungho that we love after all”, Byunghee ruffled my hair as he walks away to talk with the police.

 

As he left, I tried to come inside the ambulance car as I looked his condition. It was awful. Bruises were everywhere, and there’s rope burn on his wrist. His shirt were ripped as it stained with fresh blood, oozing out from his stabbed stomach. The gauze were not strong enough to stop the blood.

 

“Why it have to be you, Seungho, it’s just…”, I just sat beside him as I hold his hands.

 

I can’t hold it anymore. Tears were falling uncontrollably, words were unable to get out of my mouth.

 

“Excuse me, are you his relatives, by any chance?”, ask a policeman.

 

“No, I’m his friends. He has no relatives.”, I answered with a hoarse voice.

 

“I see. apparently there is some neighbor that able to describe the car that were in front of his house at the time of incident. With further investigation, I’m sure we’re gonna catch this son of in no time.”, said the officer as he tried to calm me down.

 

“Thank you very much, really.”, I bow to the policeman as I send my deepest gratitude.

 

As the policeman went away, the ambulance engine . The driver started to drive its way to the hospital, with me and Seungho inside.

*****