01

Thunderstruck

“It’s been a while…”
 

 

My eyes were nailed to the phone screen, as i restlessly took a glance at the time.
 

 

We need to talk.  Usual place. 7 p.m.
 

 

That’s what he said through the mail. No explanation, at all. He always like this, anyway, man of few words. Not that I hate it, though…
 

 

*****
 

 

 

I know him for 2 years already. It was inside the library, when I need to borrow some books for my last project. I meet him on the same bookshelf lane at that time. This very thought just crossed my mind,
 

 

“I don’t know that delinquent also like to read”
 

 

We are fighting over one book, and at the end neither of us got the book. The keeper kicked us out and put us on the blacklist since we are reliving the world war in the library. And there goes my last project, delayed for another day. I just crouch down on the ground miserably, while he just looked down on me. Sighed, he then pulled me up and drag the unwilling me to the nearest café.
 

 

He put me on the couch as he orders 2 Iced Coffee. I’m still have no grasp about the situation at all, just being left confused at there. Like, I guess you will never expect a stranger to do such a thing, don’t you?
He hold the Iced Coffee as he put it on my table, as he sit and drink his. Still no conversation up to this point. I just stare at him confusedly,

 

 

”Does this guy want to poison me to death?”
 

 

Maybe he feels that he need to explain the situation, finally some words blurted out of his plump lips,
 

 

“Drink. My treat.”
 

 

My jaw dropped as he shocked me with that word of his,
 

 

“Heh, I thought you got some “Silent” magic casted upon you”, I replied as I sniffed the coffee, just for prevention act.
 

 

I dare myself to sip it, my throat is burning, anyway. It was refreshing, especially when the weather was this hot. Seems this guy know what’s my favorite, considering it was our first encounter.
 

 

 

*****
 

“One iced coffee, at your service”, said the waiter as she put it on the table.
 

 

I smiled at her, as she smiled back and goes away.
 

 

I put my gaze outside the window, on the starry night. I take a look at the time, it was 8.00 p.m. usually I already left the person who don’t managed to keep his or her appointment, but I don’t know… I guess I got some weakness for him.
 

 

Even it already late at night, streets still filled with many people. Couple, family, friend, all enjoying the summer night.
 

 

“Well, I have nothing to do, anyway… I guess I’ll spend the night with him.”
 

 

I mailed him,
 

 

Where were you? I’m still waiting…
 

 

*****
 

 

 

This is not the first time he late, or even not coming on the promised day. But I understand that, as I know he’s got a handful life on him. He have to work at many places, to cover his college fee and daily needs.
 

 

His family used to be rich, until his parent messed the family upside down with weighing debt, debt, and debt. His parent’s probably weren’t the best one, as they left to another country, running away from debt collector.  I tried to help him with what I have, but he just refused my help. Not at all the times, though.
 

 

There is one time when I managed to put some of my money on his postbox. When he found out, he was really angry, said he doesn’t need my pity as he give the money back to me. Seing him like that, I wa really sad as I swing a punch on his face, telling him that he was a fool. He just shocked, as that was the first time that I yell at him.
 

 

I told him that I’m not doing this because I pity him, it because I care about him, when others are don’t. he’s kind of stoic, but I know deep inside him he really want to cry his heart out, throwing all the anger he got inside. Maybe my words were a bit strong at that time, he just cried out loud as I lend my shoulder for him.
 

 

*****

 

 

The Blue part is the part where Cheondoong were reminiscing about past.