Chapter 4

Love me more, love me most

Kyungsoo glanced at his lit up phone screen, frowning as he read the message.

"My aunt wants me to drop by, she said my room’s ready and she wants me to see it to make sure I like it before I move in,"

"That's nice of her," Baekhyun commented as he helped Kyungsoo with his books. They exited the class together and made their way through already empty halls. Kyungsoo started to play with his phone's keychain nervously and Baekhyun sighed when he noticed.

"I'll come with you if you want," he offered even though he was behind on almost all his assignments, the grateful smile Kyungsoo sent him was more than enough to make up for it.

"You seriously are the best, hyung," he said earnestly, Baekhyun puffed his chest out proudly accepting the praise.

"Let's head there now and get dinner on the way back," Baekhyun suggested happily.

The two hailed a taxi which Kyungsoo insisted on paying for and were dropped minutes later in front of huge intimidating iron gates. Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo who looked just as flabbergasted as he felt,

"Are you sure this is the house?" he asked, Kyungsoo nodded reading the message again just to make sure.

Baekhyun pressed the buzzer hesitantly and jumped to Kyungsoo's side in surprise when the camera on the wall suddenly spun in their direction. He nudged the frozen Kyungsoo who could only wave at the camera stupidly, a few seconds passed before the gates gave a loud groan and swung open automatically. The two schoolboys stared at the long driveway leading up to the grand house before looking at each other, Baekhyun was the first to speak.

"What exactly does your aunt do?" 

The door was thrown open before they had even knocked, Kyungsoo's aunt ushered the two into the foyer and called for someone to prepare refreshments for them.

"Well come on darlings," she said gesturing for them to follow her up the central staircase,

"Your room is on the first floor, first room on the left." Kyungsoo nodded and they stopped in front of said door. His aunt smiled before pointing to the door opposite to his,

"This is my baby's room and that room," she said pointing to the room at the end of the hallway, "is darling Lulu's."

Baekhyun's eyebrow raised at the name but he didn't comment,

"I'd love to stay, but I have a dinner appointment with a client. If you want something changed you can tell any of the staff members," she said drawing Kyungsoo into a hug. She took a step back,

"I'll send the movers over tomorrow to pick up your stuff," she told Kyungsoo, his jaw dropped.

"But you said Thur-" The words died on his lips as his aunt disappeared around the corner, Baekhyun chuckled and tugged on Kyungsoo hand.

"Let's check your room out,"

"But she said Thursday, tomorrow Wednesday!"

"What's the difference, you're done packing anyway," Baekhyun said turning the doorknob,

"The sooner-" he paused. Kyungsoo took a step forward eyes wide as he took in the interior of the room,

"It's so... so you," Baekhyun said awestruck, he followed the silent Kyungsoo into the spacious room.

"Your aunt’s amazing…she even has pictures of us!" he said walking over to the study table in the corner of the room where framed pictures of him, Kyungsoo and Jongdae were placed. Kyungsoo let out a choked sound alarming Baekhyun who rushed to his side,

"Soo! What's wrong?" The boy didn't answer, instead he sank to his feet eyes trained on the wall in front of him. Baekhyun looked away from Kyungsoo’s shiny eyes and followed his gaze to the portrait on the wall. Four pairs of eyes stared back at him and Baekhyun felt his heart clench, he sat down beside Kyungsoo and put an arm around him.

"This is the first time," Kyungsoo whispered eyes trained on the portrait, "that I've seen a picture of my parents after the accident," Baekhyun nodded understandingly,

"Do you want me to tell them to take it down?" Kyungsoo shook his head pulling away from Baekhyun

"No," he said wiping away a few stray tears embarrassed.

"The room is perfect," he agreed, "You want to move in with me?" he asked half serious. Baekhyun smiled and stood up pulling Kyungsoo with him,

"Don't say things you'll regret later on," he told Kyungsoo making him grin, 

 

By noon the next day Kyungsoo's things were already sent and unpacked in his new house all under the supervision of his eager aunt. She had happily informed him of this fact and told him he could start sleeping there that very night, Kyungsoo had panicked and told her he had promised to stay over Baekhyun's to help him with some school work. As soon as he hung up Baekhyun had pinned him down with a condescending stare,

"Can I sleep over?" he asked laughing meekly, Baekhyun groaned but nodded.

"If-" Baekhyun was cut off as someone knocked into him, he took a step backwards to balance himself before turning screaming profanities at the person who merely scowled and flipped him off in response.

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped in shock and he was about to go after him to give him a piece of his mind but was held back by Kyungsoo,

"Calm down, hyung."

"Did you see that !" Baekhyun screeched, "He ing flipped me off when he was the one at fault!"

"Hyung, please keep your voice down.." Kyungsoo pleaded as people began to turn their way interested, Baekhyun ignored him and continued his profanity filled rant.

Kyungsoo sighed only catching bits and pieces.

"Stupid, tall freak!!"

 

Tao nudged Yixing while Chanyeol nodded encouragingly at him,

"Hey Kris," the glaring boy turned his way and he gulped,

"You upset or something?"

"Upset?" Kris asked, the three nodded making him chuckle darkly before he continued walking ahead of them, he bumped into someone who swore at him when he didn't apologies. In return he flipped them off, the three shook their heads before running after him.

Yixing grabbed his arm as he entered his next class,

"Seriously what's wrong?"

"None of your business! God must you know everything!" Kris snapped, Yixing bit his lip and took a step back withdrawing his hand. Tao glared at Kris before wrapping an arm around Yixing's shoulder.

"Let's go Xing-ge, it's not fun being around Kris when he's hormonal," he dragged Yixing away and Kris sighed. Chanyeol patted his back,

"Yixing knows you didn't mean to yell at him," Kris shook him off,

"Chanyeol, can you leave? I need to be alone," the boy nodded understandingly and went off in the same direction as Yixing and Tao.

Kris sat down and buried his head in his palms, he cursed his mother for putting him into a foul mood and making him want to rip off everyone’s heads off. Then cursed the other person who was at fault, his fiancé.

 

-Five Hours Earlier-

 

Kris came out of his room just as some men carrying boxes enter the one opposite to his, he frowned as he made his way to the foyer where he found his mother instructing more men to bring up the rest of the boxes.

"What's going on?" he asked, his mother glanced at him.

"We're just unpacking your fiance's thing," she answered as if it was the most natural thing in the world, Kris briefly thought it was a dream until one of the movers dropped a box on his foot. He hissed at the pain before glaring at the apologising man.

"My fiancee?"

"Yes your fiance, one 'e' not two, dear,"

"A boy?" Kris asked slowly, his mother nodded. Kris frowned

"Have you been drinking?"

"Yifan!"

"Did you lose all our money gambling and now have to sell me off to some old wrinkly CEO dude?"

"Yifan!" she shot him a warning look which oddly enough made him angry instead of scared.

"If those aren't the reasons than why is a 'BOY' moving into our house and why is he 'my fiance'?" Kris demanded angrily. His mother wasn't affected by the glare sent in her direction.

"Why not? And you don't need to blow your top dear Yifan because if your brother wants him I'll gladly marry him off instead," She told Kris.

"Oh so Luhan gets to choose?" he said sarcastically,

"Why not just give him the fa-"

"YIFAN!" Kris fell silent, his mother shook her head and looked at him disappointed.

"Were you really going to say such an offensive word in front of me?" she asked making him lower his head ashamed,

"You hear me now and make sure you understand. I did not raise you to be an ignorant person and I will not have you insult the boy who is like a son to me, understand?" Kris nodded and his mother let out a tired sigh,

"And don't think I favour your brother, the reason you're the first choice is because I want to make sure this boy is taken care of and protected something I sadly cannot see Luhan do."

"So I have to babysit him..." the anger had left Kris and now he was feeling sulky.

"Oh Yifan," his mother said with a mix of fondness and exasperation,

"This is not a punishment, Give it a chance." She left and Kris let out the breath he was holding, he grabbed his bag and asked one of the maid to call one of his mother's drivers.

"I'm in no state to drive," he told the surprised maid before she scurried off to get a driver. Kris' foul mood carried on not only the whole morning but also the remaining days of the week.

Baekhyun woke Kyungsoo up the next day, the younger boy immediately noticed the uneasy look on his hyung's face and inquired about it. His hyung merely waved away Kyungsoo's worries and made him get ready for school. The day passed in a blur for the nervous Kyungsoo and quiet Baekhyun, the last bell rang but neither moved. Kyungsoo let out a sigh before slinging his bag over his shoulder,

"Kyungsoo ah..." Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun questioningly,

"I-" he paused before shaking his head,

"What's wrong hyung?" Baekhyun smiled,

"It's nothing," he lied,

"Call me when you get home okay," Kyungsoo nodded and the two separated at the school doors,

"Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo stopped and looked around, someone waved at him from the gates, he walked towards the person.

"Junmyeon Sunbae," the older boy smiled,

"Please call me hyung, we've known each other far too long to be formal" he told Kyungsoo who happily nodded,

"Which way you going?" Kyungsoo pointed to the right making Junmyeon grin,

"Great let's walk together!" he said,

"Umm it's pretty far, at least a half an hour minute walk," Kyungsoo said.

"That's okay I need to clear my mind,"

"If you insist," Kyungsoo said as the two started walking, Junmyeon breathed in deeply and let out a contented sigh,

"Winter is coming," he said happily, Kyungsoo couldn't help but grin at the older boy's happiness.

"You didn't seem like the type to like winter," he commented,

"I love it, Minseok is like an animal in hibernation during winter."

Kyungsoo laughed at the reason and Junmyeon grinned happy to get a positive response from the younger boy,

"I think the cold freezes the crazy in him."

"Have you two known each other long?" Kyungsoo asked not missing the fond tone Junmyeon used when talking about the hyper senior.

"We've been neighbours since elementary we did everything together, walk together to school and play at each other’s' houses, sleep overs…" Junmyeon smiled softly,

"A lot of people think he's loud and annoying but that's just the way he is..." he trailed off sadly and Kyungsoo felt a wave of guilt wash over him. The whole school seemed hell bent on trying to avoid Minseok it never occurred to him that Minseok or even Junmyeon would feel hurt about it.

"It's their loss then," Kyungsoo said vehemently surprising Junmyeon,

"People like that don't deserve Minseok Sunbae's attention or yours. Minseok Sunbae is not loud or annoying! He's vibrant and caring and always makes sure we're all settled in school even though he's really busy. And he has a really comforting smile as well-"

Kyungsoo stopped when Junmyeon placed a hand on his shoulder smiling widely.

"You really are as nice as they say," Kyungsoo blushed and shook his head humbly at the senior's praise, "Minseok worries over you,"

Kyungsoo looked up, surprised at Junmyeon's confession.

"When you first moved to the Academy Minseok would disappear from class at times and it wasn't until I asked him about it that he admitted he was making sure you were alright. At that time we were still just council members and it was our job to make sure all students settled in during their first month, but he took a special interest in you and when I pointed out that you were already settled in and even made some friends he just shook his head and told me you still looked sad," Junmyeon paused and glanced at Kyungsoo to make sure he was following.

"He knew you came early to school to practice your singing in the hallways, so he started to come in earlier and opened up the music rooms for you to use, still does actually," Junmyeon said smiling at Kyungsoo's shocked look, the younger boy rubbed at his eyes making Junmyeon pause.

"Are you crying?"

"No," Kyungsoo denied still rubbing away at his eyes, the boy was beyond touched and Junmyeon knew it,

"You don't have to feel thankful or guilty or as if you need to make it up to him," he said as if he could read Kyungsoo's thoughts,

"Minseok just can't bear to see others sad,"

"I can understand that," Kyungsoo said fully empathizing with Minseok's view, he loved seeing others smile as well.

"I knew you would," Junmyeon said with a chuckle. The two talked until Kyungsoo's aunt's house came into view and Kyungsoo felt the warmth he was feeling slip away,

"This is me," he said gesturing to the gates, Junmyeon's brows furrowed as he looked at the address.

"Isn't this-" he broke off as a car stopped in front of them, the door opened. Kyungsoo bowed and Junmyeon followed seconds later.

"Fan Li-imo, Good Afternoon," he greeted before his eyes lifted to the person beside her, he froze.

"Kris-shi?" Junmyeon said equally as shocked as Kyungsoo, Kris' eyes narrowed but he bowed his head slightly at the two respectfully.

"Get in Kyungsoo," his aunt said, Kyungsoo shook his head quickly as Kris turned his way,

"Ah no need," he said already feeling the glare Kris directed at him,

"I'll just walk!"

"Nonsense," his aunt said already tugging on his hand, Kyungsoo turned to Junmyeon bowing low,

"See you tomorrow, hyung." Junmyeon although still confused nodded and said his goodbyes.



A//N: Hey guys another chappie up!!! :) Read and enjoy!!!