Chapter 16

Love me more, love me most
 
 
 
A shrill whistle filled the air as Kris was knocked backwards, ball flying from his hand and across the court at the impact. He took a deep breath and waited for the slight wave of dizziness to pass before standing up and accepting the ball as the referee called out the obvious foul. He took his free shot not even batting an eye as it went in cleanly, five years of professional basketball had helped get rid of all his game nerves. 
 
Five years, he thought as he took his second shot, had given him an image of being untouchable to the public. The ball went in the basket. Five years and three consecutive wins had proven all the skeptics about him wrong. Kris looked up at the clock nineteen seconds left, he smirked they had this one in the bag. It seemed like there would be another win for them this year. 
 
-
 
“And yet another win for the Vancouver Vikings! Here we have one of the main players that made it all possible for the team to claim their fourth consecutive win. Kris can you spare us a few words on your win?” Kris nodded wiping his sweaty face, he turned to the camera pointed at him with a practiced smile.
 
“Like our previous wins it was all due to team effort, the boys really stepped it up this year and of course we couldn’t have done it without the fans support,” the scripted words left Kris’ mouth easily and seemed to please both interviewer and the crowd who went wild at the wink he ended his statement with. 
 
“Of course, you guys had amazing team work throughout the season. Your strategies were absolutely flawless. We have a few questions prepared for you, first of all most of your fans want to know if you were always good at basketball?”
 
Kris was quiet thinking the question over carefully before he nodded,
 
“I think being athletic runs in the family, both my parents played sports professionally when they were younger and my brother is a professional football player back home. It was easier for me to excel in basketball with their influence and support.” 
 
He answered the following questions quickly using the excuse of wanting to rejoin his celebrating team to finally leave the court and reporters.
 
He entered the changing room accepting everyone's congratulation but refusing their invites to attend the after party citing fatigue as his reason. He sat down on a bench after most of his teammates had cleared out, he pulled off his jersey running his hand over his name. One he had fought hard to be made known not only in Canada but internationally as well.
 
"You're really leaving us?" Kris looked up as his team manager sat across him, he folded his jersey patting it fondly.
 
"I've lived part of my dream now it's time to go home and complete it," his manager nodded understandingly he stood up squeezing Kris' shoulder.
 
"It was an honour having you on my team boy,"
 
"Thank you, Sir, It was an honour to be part of such a great team." He smiled taking his manager back, he had never seen such a smile from Kris. It was almost blinding. He returned it fondly before leaving the room. Kris stood up starting to change he had no time for a shower he had a flight to catch.
 
-
 
Kris pushed his luggage trolley out of the gate area ignoring the giggling girls beside him.
 
"It's him, my brother showed me a basketball game last week to prove me wrong about there being no good looking basketball players," the first whispered hiding her eyes behind her bangs as Kris nonchalantly glanced in their direction. The second bit her lip slightly bolder as she checked Kris out,
 
"Well you're wrong alright, he's gorgeous. It's not fair this is an airport, not a runway!" 
 
Kris couldn't help the smirk that made its way to his lips. He ran a hand through his newly dyed rich brown hair enjoying the two school girls reactions before their teacher called them back to join their group. He approached the sliding doors slowly, heart picking up its pace as he realised he was back home. Back in Korea. The doors slid open and his eyes immediately caught his name on an obnoxiously decorated neon sign, his eyes lifted to its holder. As if sensing Kris' glare behind his sunglasses Minseok smiled at him sheepishly, lowering it once Kris was close enough.
 
"Sorry, Luhan made me do it. Now hurry up before people start recognising you, you don't want anyone knowing you're home right?" 
 
Kris nodded following Minseok quickly as a few eyes started turning their way in recognition, they made it to Minseok's car. Kris let out an impressed whistle, Minseok grinned,
 
"A birthday present from Luhan and Kyungsoo," he said trailing a finger over the hood of his sports car. Kris' heart did a dip along with his stomach at the mere mention of Kyungsoo's name, he slid into the passenger seat buckling up as Minseok started the engine.
 
"Han's meeting us at the house," he said as he pulled away from the curb. Kris shut his eyes,
 
"Is everything ready?" He asked, Minseok made an affirmative sound before he snorted. Kris cracked an eye open to look at the suddenly grinning Minseok,
 
"It all depends on you actually, are you ready?" Kris groaned as the butterflies he had been feeling throughout the whole month made a reappearance, settling deep in his stomach before spreading to his chest. He scowled he had just gotten his nerves under control, he cursed Minseok who simply smiled taking it all good-naturedly. Kris held back a growl, his brother had corrupted Minseok. He shut his eyes ignoring Minseok's annoying grin, he was going to sleep. He needed it.
 
-
 
Kris woke up just as the gates to his house opened, he sat up straight trying to put together his appearance. Minseok parked right in front of the doors before beeping loudly as they exited the car, the door flew open and an excited Luhan appeared looking as youthful as ever if not more. Kris braced himself for the impact eyes shutting only to reopen when nothing happened. He blinked at Luhan who was holding onto Minseok's arm, grinning at the other who locked his car.
 
"You're back,"
 
"So am I," Kris mumbled slightly uneasy if not offended at the lack of attention. Luhan finally turned to him smile still in place.
 
"Let's go in, Mama's waiting," Kris nodded following the two in taking in the changes since he had left five years ago.
 
"Yifan," Kris stopped eyes watering at the sight of his mother waiting for him at the bottom of the staircase. He scrambled forward not caring if he looked like a fool,
 
"Mama," he went into her arms willingly wrapping his own around her smaller frame, "I've missed you," he whispered, she slapped his back weakly.
 
"You better have as punishment for not answering any of my calls," she replied sulkily, Kris grinned pulling away.
 
"Only because I would come running back if I heard your voice mama," she smiled obviously pleased with his answer,
 
"Unfortunately, I have business to attend to. Tomorrow, however, we are all having lunch together. No escaping," she said looking pointedly at Minseok making Luhan grin, Kris frowned wondering just how much he missed. His mother patted his cheek fondly,
 
"I expect you to bring Kyungsoo, Yifan. I barely see him anymore," she lamented, Luhan chuckled,
 
"You saw him three days ago Ma," he commented, their mother made an exaggerated unhappy face,
 
"I used to see his face everyday," Luhan laughed,
 
"You must be the only one who hates Kyungsoo success,"
 
"I pray he retires early every night," she answered with a conspirational wink, she looked at her watch, "well boys I must go, I'll see you all tomorrow." 
 
She left leaving the three together, Kris turned to Luhan,
 
"Have you done what I asked you to do?" 
 
Luhan nodded gesturing for him to follow them to the library. He walked over to the desk in the corner of the room pulling out a folder. 
 
"The transfer documents, the deed to the house you wanted and..." Luhan paused dramatically pulling out a small slip of paper, "a ticket for tonight," Kris gulped reaching out for it, Luhan grinned holding it out of Kris' reach.
 
"I had to beg for this, you'd better be thankful! Junmyeon kept on asking what I needed an extra ticket for,"
 
"I am," Kris answered nothing but sincere.
 
-
 
Kris entered the concert hall once the lights had dimmed and the lines of rowdy fangirls had settled down in their respective seats. His seat was right in front of the main stage, he would be able to see everything and most importantly he would be able to see Kyungsoo. 
 
He shifted in his seat nervously turning back to apologise at the girl sitting behind him as she let out a soft sigh no doubt due to his height. He slumped down in his seat before looking around the semi dark packed room spotting Luhan, Minseok and Tao, sitting slightly to the left of the stage. They were all staring at him expectantly, his stomach churned. 
 
Their excitement only fueled his nerves, his hand reached out to pat his pockets to make sure he had everything before he started to twist the ring on his finger nervously. 
 
The girl beside him eyed him weirdly but remained silent, she bent down hand rummaging through her bag. Kris blinked as several glow-sticks were held up to him. 
 
"Take your favourite," she said kindly, Kris did. The girl grinned slightly,
 
"D.O. Oppa, is one of my favourites as well," she said, Kris nodded wordlessly. The lights above them flickered and the whole arena suddenly came alive as girls started screaming. Kris squinted at the silhouette on the far right end of the stage, the spotlight opened shining on him.
 
Jongin, he thought fondly as the younger opened up the concert with a dance solo. The fondness disappeared however when the girls behind him started screaming, it wasn't the loudness that annoyed him it was what they were screaming, as a smaller figure joined Jongin dancing just outside of the spotlight in the dark, that did.
 
'Kaisoo'  was definitely not his cup of tea, Kris paused as he processed the reason why the girls were screaming Jongin and Kyungsoo's fan service couple name. He jaw dropped as the second spotlight shone on the other dancer, his breath hitched as heart shaped lips appeared followed by doe eyes that surpassed Luhan's.
 
 Little by little the rest of the group joined the two, a sassier Baekhyun, a mischievous looking Jongdae, a ganglier Chanyeol and a confident Sehun. The six danced their way onto the main stage eliciting screams as they came closer to the crowd. Kris' heartbeat spiked up as Kyungsoo spun in front of him before moving away to join Sehun in the middle of the stage. The dance routine came to an end and the six boys on stage bowed before starting off their introduction. 
 
 Chanyeol's grin was wide as he surveyed the pumped up crowd he looked over Kris' section before doing an exaggerated double take eyes seeking out his best friend among the girls. Kris waved his 'D.O' glow-stick in greeting, the shock on Chanyeol's face subsided into a beaming smile causing more than a few girls to swoon. He waved enthusiastically before rejoining the others as the backing track for their next song started to play.
 
 A few more songs passed and the others started to realise Kris was among the crowd, Kris smirked as Sehun's jaw dropped, the magnae of the group was so shocked he almost collided with one of the stage props. He straightened up walking over to Kyungsoo who was singing his part, Sehun looked over his shoulder at Kris with his own smirk and threw an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kris' grip tightened around his glow stick as the fans shrieked at the fan service. He took a deep breath, seven more songs to go, he chanted in his head. Seven more songs until he could take back what was his.
 
The concert was coming to an end, there were only two remaining songs. Kyungsoo stood at the edge of the stage directly in front of Kris. The boy was drenched in sweat, fringe sticking to his forehead as he fanned himself with his hand to cool down.
 
"This next song," Kyungsoo paused eyes shining, "was written by a friend and I many years ago back when we in highschool. For our third anniversary as a band this year, the boys surprised me by getting this song accepted in our third album," Kyungsoo bit his lower lip glancing at the five boys standing beside him proudly, he looked around the arena,
 
"This song is for-" Kris breath hitched as their eyes met, "you," he breathed out. The fans went into a frenzy, Kyungsoo took a step back eyes still trained on Kris as the music started,
 
I don't need a map my heart points me to you..
 
-
 
 Luhan grabbed Kris dragging him off to a door guarded by three broad chested men, they nodded at Luhan letting them through. The hallways behind the stage were filled with a buzz of excitement as back up dancers and crew members celebrated another successful night. Junmyeon exited a room eyes widening when he saw the approaching duo.
 
"Oh, Baekhyun wasn't lying. Welcome home," Kris nodded absentmindedly he could barely hear Junmyeon over the sound of his erratic heart beating. Luhan released Kris' hand gesturing for him to enter, he froze annoying Luhan who let out a huff. He nudged him forward opening the door for him. 
 
Six pair of eyes met his, Chanyeol stood up looking pointedly at Baekhyun and Jongdae, the three exited citing different obvious lies. Kris felt his cheeks warm up as Jongin groaned getting up for the couch reluctantly,
 
"Seriously hyung, couldn't you wait until tomorrow to reunite," 
 
"Yeah, what's another day in addition to five years," Sehun said unkindly, but he stood up as well brushing by Kris. Kyungsoo looked at Kris' reflection through the mirror before turning in his chair to look at him. Kris took a step into the room jumping when the door swung shut behind him, he took a deep breath trying to calm down as Kyungsoo stared on in silence,
 
"Hi," Kyungsoo's brows furrowed as he stood up,
 
"Hi?" He took a step forward, "is that what you came here to say?" 
 
Kris panicked at the angry look Kyungsoo suddenly supported, he dug his hand into his pockets searching frantically as Kyungsoo's expression became darker. They both froze as Kris held up his hand, light glinting off the two rings on his palm, he got down on his knees mainly due to the fact they were shaking too much to hold him up. He inhaled deeply before letting it out slowly,
 
"Hi," he began again carefully, "I love you, will you marry me?" 
 
Kris flinched as Kyungsoo crouched down in front of him punching him in the chest painfully. The other boy's eyes watered slightly as he nodded keeping his eyes trained on the rings resting on Kris' palm. Kris broke out into a dumbfounded grin as Kyungsoo's answer processed in his mind, he pounced on Kyungsoo who cried out as they toppled backwards.
 
"I love you," Kris repeated, smiling as he felt Kyungsoo's cheek heat up against his neck. 
 
"I love you more," the younger mumbled, Kris shook his head,
 
"I love you most," he whispered tightening his hold around Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo let out an embarrassed yet pleased huff as he tried to push Kris off. Kris held on, he wasn't going too let go any time soon.
 
 


A//N: hey guys!!!! I can't believe this is finally over! Thank you all for sticking with me until the end, reading, commenting and giving love to love me more, love me most. I was slightly hesitant in writing at first especially since at the time I started this I thought there were only a few Krisoo shippers, I can clearly see now I was mistaken ^.^  thank you all for the support and kindness it was a pleasure to write for you guys <3 <3 <3 I hope this fic has brought you guys as much joy as exo does ;) On another note Happy Birthday to Exo's squishy satan, Kyungsoo! See you next time lovelies!!!