Chapter 11

Love me more, love me most

 

 

Kris had made an amazing recovery over the weekend and was feeling nothing short of amazing when Monday rolled in. He was fever free and his voice was back. The tall boy had even woken up extra early that morning to help Kyungsoo pack up their lunches and then had whisked the younger boy away before Luhan woke up.

By the time the two were at school Kris was unable to control the grin threatening to spread across his face, Kyungsoo smiled slightly.

“You seem to be in a good mood, hyung,” he commented softly as he opened his locker placing their food inside, Kris peaked over Kyungsoo’s shoulder curious. His expression turned sour.

“Why do you keep pictures of them in your locker?” Kyungsoo tilted his head to the right looking at the polaroid pictures Luhan had stuck onto his inner locker door just a week ago,

“You sound jealous,” Kris frowned not even turning to acknowledge Baekhyun, Kyungsoo chuckled nervously avoiding looking at Kris.

“Why would he be jealous?” He shut his locker and turned to his bestfriend,

“Good morning Baek,”

“Hmm...” Baekhyun took a step closer to Kyungsoo looking at him contemplatively. “You look tired…and pale,”

Kyungsoo stopped the hand reaching out for his forehead, Kris frowned just noticing that Kyungsoo indeed seemed to be lacking his usual shine.

“I’m fine, I just woke up early to prepare our food,” he said looping arms with Baekhyun, his hyung sighed.

“You know you don’t have to make us food everyday right, Soo? You need to rest… why don’t you spend a few days at my house?” Kris glared at Baekhyun internally cursing up a storm in his head.

“I’m fine,” Baekhyun shot him a pointed look,

“Really,” Kyungsoo said rubbing Baekhyun’s hand reassuringly.

“Fine,” Baekhyun relented, “but you’re still sleeping over. I miss you!”

Kyungsoo smiled as Baekhyun tugged him away, the two started walking towards their class completely forgetting about Kris. The boy’s good mood disappeared in an instant.

 

-

 

“I didn’t expect you to come in today, Luhan-ge said you had a fever,” Yixing said as he slid into the seat opposite Kris, the blonde merely grunted in reply not lifting his head off the cafeteria table. Chanyeol and Tao came in next each taking the seats beside Kris, Chanyeol rubbed his stomach expectantly.

“Ahhh, I can’t wait Kyungsoo said he made something good especially for me today,” he said happily, Kris let out a small growl as he sat up glaring at his three friends.

“You guys have to stop asking Kyungsoo for food, he’s not your maid you know! Do you know he has to wake up early every morning to make us all food when we’re more than capable of buying or making our own?” the three boys froze at Kris’ small outburst before looking down guiltily.

“I didn’t think about that…” Chanyeol said softly as Yixing and Tao nodded in agreement,

“We won’t ask again,” Yixing promised, Kris’ anger deflated he hadn’t meant to snap at them in the first place. His anger was misdirected, he let out a sigh.

“No I’m sorry forget about it, Kyungsoo likes making you all food. He likes feeling useful.”

He unconsciously smiled as the memory of Kyungsoo nursing him back to health during the past two days resurfaced. The small tiny fluttering sensation that now usually accompanied thoughts of Kyungsoo made its comeback at full force spreading through every fibre of his being, his smile turned into a full-blown grin.

“Ummm, what’s wrong with him?” he vaguely registered Junmyeon ask.

“I’m not so sure Sunbae,” Chanyeol answered, Kris blinked pulling himself out of his head. Junmyeon and the two juniors had joined them all looking considerably freaked out by Kris’ uncharacteristic grin.

“It must be the fever,” Tao said but his smirk said otherwise. Kris chose to ignore him nothing could bring him out of his good mood, not when he was going to see Kyungsoo in a few minutes.

That was until he looked up at the approaching trio. Jongdae had an arm wrapped around Kyungsoo, hand resting on his waist as he leaned closer whispering something into the boy’s ear. Kyungsoo giggled as Jongdae purposely blew against his neck knowing he was ticklish there, he pushed Jongdae off him cheeks slightly flushing as he moved closer to Baekhyun who swatted Jongdae’s grabby hands away. The two older boys started to playfully argue over Kyungsoo indulging in the squealing girls around them,

Kris’ hands shook as they curled into fists on his lap. Jongdae sat down with a satisfied smirk, Jongin snorted,

“Wow, Sunbae, you’re already a pro at fan service,” he commented making Jongdae’s smirk widen.

“Of course we need all the practice we can get, Kyungsoo and I are going to be the top search on naver when we debut, Chensoo will be trending worldwide”

Baekhyun let out a scoff,

“Not if I can help it,” he muttered taking a seat, Jongin grinned at Kyungsoo.

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about, but I’m a hundred percent sure. Kyungsoo hyung and I will make a good ship, don’t you like the sound of Kaisoo, hyung?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and the tips of his ears turned red, he let out a tiny wail burying his face into Baekhyun shoulder.

“Why are you all teasing me about ships? I don’t want any of you,” he muttered turning his head slightly eyes meeting Kris’. The tiny fluttering sensation was back,

“Hey,” Kris said gently causing more than a few jaws to drop around their table, Kyungsoo sat up properly.

“Hi, hyung,” he replied bashfully, the rest would have cooed at Kyungsoo’s cuteness if they weren’t so shocked and confused.

The growing silence was interrupted by Minseok and Luhan’s entrance, the two seniors made their way over noisily unaware of the current mood at the table. Luhan let out a happy cry as he spotted his favorite donsaeng,

“Kyungsoo! You left early today, I didn’t get my good morning kiss!” Luhan said already moving towards the boy lips puckered ready to claim his kiss. Kris shot up from his chair startling the rest, he held his arms up blocking Luhan. Luhan frowned trying to sidestep the giant but Kris wouldn’t let up.

Ge, please stop.” The others frowned at the sudden change in language, besides Tao and Yixing they were all clueless.

Please,” Kris pleaded in Mandarin, “you have to stop, you can’t keep on kissing him. I can’t take it anymore,”

Luhan stared at Kris silently before he nodded taking a step back, he pulled Minseok down to sit next to him.

“Sooooo,” he said looking at the wrapped lunches expectantly as if nothing unusual had just taken place, “what are we having today?”

Kris returned to his seat not noticing Yixing’s eyes on him, the fair Chinese boy bit on his lower lip thoughtfully turning to Kyungsoo just as the younger boy’s eyes flickered to Kris before returning to Luhan who was chatting animatedly,

Oh, Yixing thought he turned back to Kris who was staring at Kyungsoo eyes darkening as Jongdae reached out to ruffle the younger’s hair, a soft gasp left Yixing’s lips as he finally connected the pieces together.

He looked at Tao who had been studying him all this time, the younger boy merely smirked and gave him a small nod confirming his thoughts.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo flipped through the music notes in front of him, he ran his fingers across the page over lyrics he had spent sleepless night trying to convey his feelings into.

I don’t need a map my heart points me to you

Kyungsoo pulled out a pencil about to cross out the whole line, a hand grabbed his just in time.

“Kyungsoo-ah, it’s perfect and so is the other one,” Yixing added when he saw Kyungsoo’s hand inch closer to the other music sheet in his folder. Kyungsoo’s hand dropped to his side.

“It doesn’t matter anyway, I decided I’m not going to give it to K-“ Kyungsoo caught himself, but Yixing smiled knowingly.

“I think Kris will really like it,” Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped,

“What? W-who said it was Kris hyung?”

Yixing grinned grabbing the music sheets from Kyungsoo saving them from being crushed,

“I’m not saying you like Kris, I’m saying he likes you and he would be happy if he received these songs from you,”

“He likes me?”

Yixing nodded,

“I’m positive,”

“Really?” Kyungsoo tried not to look too hopeful, Yixing nodded again.

“It’ll break his heart when he finds out you’re in love with someone else,” Yixing teased enjoying seeing Kyungsoo blush as he muttered something inaudible.

“What was that?”

“I said it’s Kris hyung,” Kyungsoo admitted, Yixing started laughing patting Kyungsoo’s head fondly.

“I know, I was just teasing you,” Kyungsoo pouted hitting Yixing hard, the older boy stopped laughing rubbing his arm,

“Is this the thanks I get for helping you confess to the giant?!” Kyungsoo slapped a hand over Yixing’s mouth shushing him, he looked at the door and let out a scream when he saw narrowed eyes look at him through the window. The door opened and Yixing hid the folder behind his back, Kyungsoo pulled back his hand.

“Kris, what are you doing in the Art’s building?” Yixing exclaimed ignoring the glare he received from the boy, Kris jerked his head towards Kyungsoo,

“I’m his ride home, are you two done?” Yixing and Kyungsoo traded looks slightly relieved, it seemed as if Kris hadn’t heard their conversation.

“Yeah, um-“ Kyungsoo looked at Yixing eyes dropping to the folder. Yixing smiled,

“I’ll take care of this for you,” he told the boy who nodded grabbing his bag.

“I’ll see you-“ the rest of Kyungsoo’s sentence was lost as Kris dragged him out of the room.

 

-

 

Kris and Luhan ate their lunch silently, their mother sighed at the lack of conversation.

“Where is Kyungsoo? You two are boring me,” she whined.

The blondes sent twin glares in her direction,

“He has dance club, I’m picking him up soon,” Kris said picking up his eating pace, his mother paused before leaning forward eyes wide in disbelief. She held out a hand against Kris’ forehead, Luhan snorted.

“Haha, very funny mama,”

“Well forgive me Yifan, but it hasn’t even been four months since your little fit about not wanting a fiancé,”

That’s before I knew it was Kyungsoo, Kris thought, he looked up from his plate when his mother let out a happy sigh, Luhan shook his head.

“You really need to learn how to keep your thoughts in your head little brother,” he said before he and their mother started to laugh, Kris leapt to his feet before the real teasing could start.

 

-

 

Kris made his way to the floor that held the dance studios he knew he was slightly early but he had to escape his crazy mother and Luhan. He wandered down the hallway walking towards the third door, the music filled out into the corridor through the slightly a jar door.

He peered in smiling when he saw Sehun and Kyungsoo spin idiotically around a serious Jongin. Jongin kicked out at their legs tripping them. Kris let out a hiss,

“Kim Jongin, you bastard hurting my Kyungsoo-“ Kris grumbled to himself angrily, Kyungsoo rolled over exaggerating his fall, Kris saw Jongin grin through his reflection.The dancer reached for Kyungsoo and something told Kris to leave warning him as Jongin hauled Kyungsoo up to his feet by his waist, his hands remained there pulling Kyungsoo closer to his own body.

Judging by Sehun’s raised eyebrow it wasn’t something usual, Kris’ anger flared. His hands itched to grab Jongin and rip him away from Kyungsoo, to pry his dirty hands away from Kyungsoo’s waist and body but instead he took a deep breath and dug through his pocket for his phone. He rang a number waiting for the other person to pick it up.

“Yifan?”

“Mama, Let’s put a move on the engagement,”

“Hmmm, did Kyungsoo agree to this,”

Kris didn’t even bat an eye,

“Yeah, he did,” he lied.

 



A//N: ....I couldn't resist, I had to put in the black pearl line in there. Hehe it's my favorite song in the wolf album :) And as usual I couldn't resist making Kris jealous :D I hope you enjoyed reading!!! <3 <3 <3