Missing You

The Ghost of You

You walked along the hallway alone the next day, having not talked to Youngjae yet since the day before. You felt bad for ignoring him but you convinced yourself that this was what you needed. But then you realized that without Youngjae, you were really alone. You’ve always had Daehyun with you, and after he was gone, Youngjae had always stuck by you.

You saw Youngjae hanging out outside your first class and decided not to ignore him any longer. You had missed him more than you thought. You stopped in front of him and he looked at you with a pout.

“Mianhe,” he apologized again.

Drawing a smile on your face, you touched his arm softly to assure him you were fine. “Do you want to eat lunch with me today?”

His eyes widened at your sudden offer, but he nodded anyways.

“We’ll talk more then!” you said as you entered your class.

**

You sat at your usual table, munching on your kimbap that you had brought from home. You had never liked the kimbap that you made, but Daehyun would always eat them up saying it’s his favourite cooking of yours. Nowadays, you made them whenever you felt empty.

“Make it for me!” he would beg.

You would shake your head and refuse his request, to which he would pull a rare aegyo on you, pouting cutely till you were about to give in.

“Ah jinjja,” you uttered. “You can’t just pull off that aegyo whenever you want!”

“But I really want to eat your kimbap!” he nudged your shoulders.

“Why do you like it so much? It doesn’t even taste nice!”

His eyes would widen in shock as he shot up at your comment. “Hyeri-yah! Your kimbap’s the best! What are you talking about? Why would I eat it if it’s not nice, right?”

“I don’t know..you just wanted to be nice towards your girlfriend?”

“Yah! Even if you’re my girlfriend, if it’s not nice I won’t eat it!” he teased.

You laughed as he nudged his fist softly against your cheeks.

Youngjae appeared in front of you and silently took a seat. You noticed he was still feeling sorry for what had happened the day before.

“Yah, are you still feeling sorry about me?” you scolded him. “Don’t be like that! I was just particularly emotional yesterday. You know I’m stronger than that right?”

He gave you a slight smile as he chewed up his food. “I shouldn’t have held your hands like that.”

You placed down your chopsticks and leaned forward, eyeing him down. “Why did you that anyways? It’s not like you to so touchy with me.”

He looked stumped as he stopped chewing his food and just stared at you. He blinked his eyes incessantly as he tried to avoid your eyes.

“I mean, I know we’re close so I don’t really mind it,” you added as you continued eating.

“You ..you don’t?” he uttered.

“Aniyo,” you simply said as you forced a whole kimbap into your small mouth.  “Just don’t do it in front of your other fangirls.”

You grinned widely and finally succeeded into making him smile genuinely. He chuckled at the funny face you had just pulled off, which made you giggle too. You offered to feed a kimbap to him and he too ate it wholeheartedly.

“Why did you make these anyways?” he said as he swallowed. “I thought you hated these.”

“I don’t hate them,” you mentioned as you played with your food.

“It’s one of those days when you crazily miss Daehyun, isn’t it?”

You looked up at him at once. It’s scary how much he knew you. You had always thought Daehyun knew you the best and you had never regarded Youngjae as anyone other than simply Daehyun’s best friend. You couldn’t bring yourself to explain to him anything so you just remained silent.

“You don’t have work today, do you?”

You shook your head to which he continued, “Let’s go out after school. My treat.”

You thought about it, and thinking that perhaps you really do need fresh air, you nodded with a smile. The bell rang to mark the end of break and so you stood up to head for your next class.

“I’ll see you after school then,” you smiled at him before turning.

He smiled back and you headed off towards the door, where you bumped into Yongguk. He was surrounded by another group of girls and this time, his face seemed annoyed by them. You were laughing at him when he noticed you standing there, and gave a subtle wave to you. Immediately, all the girls shot up to see who he was waving to. Before they could tell who it was, you ran off towards your next class, not looking back.

 

A/N:

I'll post this filler chapter up real quick even though it's super late now, because I don't think I'll have time to post another one for 2 weeks. I know I said that I've already written the whole story out so it just a matter of copy/paste (that's why my updates are quite fast, I should slow it down), but the next few weeks gonna be a real hard one for me at work so I don't think I'll have time to use the company laptop for this. Besides, I'm constantly fixing my story to make it better:)

Is it even right of me to use my company laptop to post my fanfics? Lol^^

Something's big gonna happen in the next chapter jeng jeng jeng. Maybe I'll post this Thursday instead huhu.