COMA

The Ghost of You

The raindrops slid down the windows that afternoon as you sat there staring into the rain, clad in a black dress. The rain always reminded you of the good old times you had with him. From the sound to the sight, you were always reminded of Daehyun. He was your best friend. He was your first love.

You felt his warm hands around your waist from behind, and a few seconds later, his chin was on your shoulders. You smiled as he softly caressed your face with his nose. You held his arms and the two of you enjoyed each other’s embrace while he hummed to a sweet tune. His angelic voice could always bring a smile to your face.

He spun you around so that you would face him, foreheads against each other. He fixed his beautiful brown eyes on yours before pressing his puffy lips against yours. You’ve always liked his soft full lips. As he broke apart, a bright smile appeared on his face.

“What was that for?” you had asked.

He simply shrugged as he slid his fingers through yours. “I just love you so much.”

You heard someone at the door and jumped back into reality and quickly wiped your tears away before the person could see it. You faced the door and saw Youngjae standing there in a black suit. He looked surprised to see you there but as he continued eyeing you, you realized he must have noticed you had been crying. He had always been great at noticing things. He approached you and immediately pulled you in for a hug.

You conceded to him and buried your face in his chest, tugging your fingers into his chest the more your tears fell. Youngjae patted your head softly while making hushing sounds to calm you down. He was Daehyun’s best friend and was the only one who would understand how you were feeling that day.

“Do you feel better now?” he looked at you as you finally stopped crying.

You nodded, again wiping away all the tears on your face. He held your hands and you followed behind him as he walked out towards his car. By the time you were out, the rain had already subsided. He drove out silently into the hills as you just stared out the window. You were trying your best not to break down again. The both of you stepped out once he parked the car and slowly made your way to the top of the hill.

There, a small tombstone lied on the ground with the name ‘Jung Daehyun’. You knelt down in front of it and traced your fingers along the carvings. This time, you allowed your tears to fall again.

“Daehyun-ah, how are you? It’s been a while since I came to visit you. It’s raining. Are you mad? Mianhe,” you uttered, trying to force a smile out from your face.

You felt Youngjae kneeling beside you before continuing.

“Youngjae’s here as well. Do you miss him? He misses you too. We think about you all the time. This past month seemed so long to me without you here beside me.”

“Annyeong, chingu,” you heard Youngjae say.

Both of you bowed before him and hung around the place for a little while longer before heading back home.

**

You were playing with your teddy bear when you heard someone crying near you. You turned to see a big-sized kid pushing another boy down. He was tiny, the other boy. Seeing him cry, you walked towards them and glared back at the big-sized kid. Then, you quickly pushed him down.

“Don’t hurt him!” you yelled at him.

You reached out your hand towards the tiny boy and gave him a toothless-grin. He eyed you first before taking your hand. You brought him to a corner of the room and sat down on the floor.

“I’m Lee Hyeri! What’s your name?” you smiled.

He continued watching you and finally, with a nervous look on his face, introduced himself to you. “Jung Daehyun.”

You brought your hands towards his face and wiped off his tears. “Don’t cry! You can play with my teddy bear instead!”

His eyes were fixed at yours and without you knowing then, his heart had already fluttered.

 

 

A/N:

A new story after so long!

EDIT: I must have gone crazy. This story doesn't have Juniel at all ohmygod. Mian mian mian! That's saved for another fic:P

I've written the whole story out (except for the very last chapter), for quite some time now but never really posted it cos I thought it was stupid and not well-written. Besides, my laptop is spoilt now. I'm posting this on my work laptop because I just don't want to do any proper work right now and when I read this fic again, it suddenly seemed nice to me.

I have an OCD when it comes to ending my stories on a nice number. This fic is a 30-Chapter story! Please take interest in it and read it well!

Gomawo! ^^