Dancing in the Rain

The Ghost of You

You smiled at his question. You had always liked it when people ask you about your relationship with Daehyun, even till now. You liked thinking about him.

“Daehyun-ah.. I’ve known him all my life,” you smiled as you thought back. “I saved him from a bully when we were 7 and we became friends since then. I was always saving him back then, because he was so little. He grew up to be bigger than me though.”

It was pouring that night when you received a call from Daehyun.

“Daehyun-ah!” you answered excitedly.

“Look out the window,” he had requested.

You looked out your bedroom window and saw him standing in your front yard, drenched in the rain as he stared back at you.

“Neo micheoseo? You’re going to get sick!” you said, as you turned back to open the door for him.

“Lee Hyeri, come out into the rain with me,” he said, as you opened the door.

He continued standing in the rain and you stood at your porch, looking out at him.

“Boya? Come in here!” you had shouted.

“No! You come out here! Let’s dance in the rain tonight!” he grinned as the raindrops splashed across his face, reaching out his hand to you.

It was nearing midnight and the rain in the cold weather was not making you any more excited about joining him. You tugged your sweater tighter, refusing to join him.

“I’ll stay out here till you join me!”

He was oddly gleeful that night and you wondered why he had suddenly popped out in front of your house. Thinking of how he would be sick soon, you reluctantly stepped forward into the rain. As soon as the rain hit your face, you squealed out loud and turned away to run back inside as the cold sensation filled you.

But Daehyun hugged you from behind, stopping you from moving any further.

“Yah, Daehyun! Let me go! I’m freezing!” you shivered.

“Andwae!” he said to your ears.

“Daehyun! I’m going to kill you if you don’t let me go right now! I don’t care if you’re my best friend! I will kill you!” you threatened him.

But he hugged you tighter. “I’ve got something to tell you and it can’t wait.”

“Boya? Just say it already!” you struggled to be released.

“Saranghaeyo Lee Hyeri!” he shouted over the rain.

You stopped struggling and froze on your spot. He turned you around to face him, and he smiled proudly at you. You remembered gazing into those sparkling eyes of his before he leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours for the first time.

Your heart fluttered as you relived that night he had confessed his 7-years of crush on you. He had told you once that he had liked you since the day you stuck up for him but at that time, he was too young to know what it was.

“I loved him then, and I still love him now. Ah I miss him so much,” you uttered as you sat behind the counter.

Yongguk stood in front of the counter and watched you as you unpacked the boxes that had already reached. You finally noticed him staring at you and looked at him.

“What?” you asked.

He shook his head and fidgeted with his fingers along the counter before bending down to help you too. “The both of you must have loved each other a lot.”

You smiled, taking that as a compliment. “Are you jealous?”

“Yeh,” he answered immediately. You were taken aback at his quick answer but before you could assume any further, he added, “My parents were like that too before they passed away. I’ve always wanted to have a relationship like that. Seeing you talking about him like that, it reminded me of my parents.”

You thought it was sweet of him to have wanted that. He seemed cold on the outside, especially when he’s not speaking, but the more he talked to you, the more surprising he got.

“I’m sure you’ll find a girl who you can share those moments with,” you commented.

He chuckled as he stared at the counter and uttered, “I have found her. She just hasn’t seen me yet.”

He looked up to you and showed off a shy gummy smile. You had to admit he was quite cute, especially when he smiled like that. You wondered who the girl he was referring to was, because he seemed pretty smitten by her. He had the same look as Daehyun whenever he talked about you.

“Then I wish you luck in getting her attention then,” you told him.

 

A/N:

I put up a new picture for the story hahaha I think it's ugly.. I'm really not good with photoshop.

Please keep commenting so that I won't feel like no one's reading it:P

From now on, the story is formatted with one flashback with Daehyun every chapter so look forward to it^^