o6

Reincarnations

">http://


     Sitting on the side chairs of the quiet hospital room, the only thing that aroused Luhan was the puffing sound of the ventilators in the nearby rooms. the stars were shining bright out the window, which reflected as a light on Suzy's face. Suzy had lost consciousness on the way to the hospital, and was admitted into a check up for three days. Luhan sighed, glancing into Suzy's face which was a bruised mess. her lips were torn with dry blood lacing it, her zygomatic bones were red from the punches and her forehead was watery from the hits she took on. he could only blame himself, for he failed to protect her.

 He was so sure he could have, but after what had happened- he was starting to doubt his possibilities. he had ruined everything. his heart wouldn't leave him alone, the stinging of guilt was axing his heart, yet he found it to be the punishment for his foolishness. Luhan sat face down, when suddenly the door slid open and came rushing three people- with perturbed engraved on their faces. he must have guessed it was Suzy's family. Luhan rose from his seat, backing away, watching her family gasp at the scene.

  "Noona..Noona!" the boy who Luhan assumed was the brother, shook Suzy vigirously by the shoulder. what came after was the distraught pain of no response. the family fell to the couch, unable to accept the situation into their heads. "Who are you?" the boy shot at Luhan, rising abruptly. "Did you kill my sister?!" "Uh.." "Yes you did! YOU MURDERER!" His brother wailed as he stomped all the way over to Luhan and began beating his chest, in regard of his short height. the pain was becoming too hard to take in- but what could he do?

  "YiJung.. Stop it.." His father whispered, but indeed the boy didn't stop. his hits became weaker and weaker, until he fell to Luhan's feet and just sat there, crying his heart out. Luhan watched as his teardrops stained his shoes. it felt as if Luhan was the cause to all this, the cause of misery. he had heard people saying that they were pointless in life, that they created misery for everyone- he never quite understood until this moment. it felt as everyone was blaming on him, words weren't needed.

 "I uh.. i'm Suzy's friend.." Luhan hesitated at the word friend, but managed to go on. "S..she was.. in the night and i.. i tried to save her but it just di-" "We heard the police report." the father cut him off sharply, rising from his seat. he heaved a sigh, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he looked out the sky to see the glowing cars moving in fast motion. "Were you the one who assumedly broke her window?" he asked, this time facing Luhan.

  "I.. don't recall breaking it.." "The window pane had been wiped out, and there was blood strewn on the ground. Do you know how shocked we were to see that? Suzy clearly told us that she would be meeting her girl friend for a short gossip. I see she's been meeting up with some Blonde clubber." Luhan cringed and bit his lips, enduring the sarcasm that filled the room. it was obvious that Suzy's father did not favour him.

  "Sir.. I'm not as bold as you think i am.. I met Suzy because we were both acquaintances from Luhan's death.." Luhan lied so fluently that if he tried- he could fool himself.  the father stared at him in agony, an expression that Luhan could not read. "That chinese freckle? Oh Please, all they did was fight. Luhan was no good for my daughter, he will break the poor girl's heart again." at the father's words, Luhan's heart fell. all the energy off him had been out that he even struggled to take a breath.

 "That's quite a prejudice to say against the person your daughter loved.." "What?" the father ridiculed, shot at Luhan as he took a seat on the fold out chair infront of Suzy. he looked at her hands, showing the blood scratches on her hands which were clearly glass cuts. Luhan cringed, but didn't budge one bit.

  'Stop it Honey." the mother stood up, approaching Luhan slowly with a smile. "This young man tried to save our daughter, what harm has he against us?" "He failed to. that's the harm." father grunted, crossing his arms. mother shrugged, giving up as she returned to her seat. Luhan could only look down, for he felt he didn't have the right to look up and feel decent.

 

 

  "I don't want you seeing my daughter ever again." the father remarked as he stared out the window, discontent. 'S..sir please, anything but that. Me and Suzy have a strong bond that ne-" "Do strong friends leave each other like this?" he pointed at his daughter. Luhan found his anger accumulating towards his heart. but it wasn't as he was in a position to talk back.

  'Well sir.. if that's what you really wish.. then i guess i'll be leaving now.. please tell Suzy that.. the rose bouquet wasn't in favour of her feeling like the odd one.." Luhan smiled, bowing as he slowly exited the room, his footsteps becoming heavier at each step. his heart felt so heavy, almost as if he were carrying all the sins of the world.

   "Why did i just walk out?! Now i can never ever see her again in free will..!" Luhan blamed himself as he walked further from the room. he preferred that he took the stairs, for taking the elevator would trap his consciences even more. everyone looked so happy, he just didn't understand. how could everyone feel so happy whilst he was so in misery? 'Oh wow.. look at me, i'm turning into a human.." Luhan murmured under his breath.

 

  He reached the first floor, where patients on wheelchairs pushed by their loved ones, or wheeled on their own lurked with guests here and there. the first floor was the more calming for Luhan, there was a full view of the full moon in the sky. he took a seat on the velvet couch and looked out the calm summer night, enticed by the city lights moving in slow motion in his eyes.

  So many thoughts were running through his head, so many that he almost didn't know what he was thinking about.

 

 

 

   Just then, a ball compacted on Luhan's leg as it bounced off his leg and landed in his palms. it was a bedraggled orange ball with a multiple name printed on it, all wearing out. he looked around his surroundings, to find a boy who was running away from a young woman supposedly Luhan's age. the boy had a plaster wrapped around his arm, and he was limping as he ran away, spotting the ball in Luhan's hands.

  The boy approached Luhan and begged for him to hide him. Luhan wasn't sure what to do, rebel against his guardian and hide him? or surrender him to his worst nightmare? Luhan was left with no choice, as the boy automatically made his way behind Luhan and managed to squeeze himself in there. Luhan froze, peeking at the woman as she called out for the boy in concern.

 

  "Minwoo! Minwoo! It's time for your chemotherapy!! MINWOO!" her voice only grew louder and despondent, as she disappeared through the corner- leaving her scent dwell by the trail. the boy sighed as he slipped out from behind Luhan and took a seat next to him, mezmerized at the full moon. his jaws were dropped as he watched the awe inspiring sight before his eyes. "Have you never seen a full moon before?" Luhan asked, fascinated by the boy's reaction. "Nope, my sister never lets me out of my room at night and she always shuts the curtain!" he exclaimed, unable to take his eyes off the moon. Luhan was able to smile, just forget the situation that beheaded him.

 

   "Why don't you go get Chemotherapy, Minwoo?" Luhan persuaded the boy as he looked into the boy's face. he noticed there were several bruises all over his body, especially his face which was all rounded purple and grey due to the bruises. the boy looked down, sighing. "I'm going to die anyway, what's the point?" he replied casually, almost as if it was a everyday answer. but the answer didn't shock Luhan.

  'Do you believe in reincarnation?"

 

"Reincarnation..? Psh!" the boy laughed as he punched Luhan lightly, groaning at the pain in his elbow. "That's the stupidiest thing i've ever heard! there's no reincarnation..!" he chuckled half heartedly. Luhan laughed,  humoured at the fact that this boy was going to be reincarnated into something else soon once more.

  "Why do you think that?" "Because.. my sister told me that there's no life after death.. she's not religious, so uh.. yeah." "Well you know what i think? I think reincarnation has nothing to do with Religion, in my case anyway." "What do you mean..?" Minwoo raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that why everyone prays..?" "Yeah but.. the scriptures say that you will join god after you die, but reincarnation is simply.. returning." Minwoo was lost in thoughts as Luhan explained.

  "So.. are you saying that reincarnation actually exists? i thought it was something you could never know without experience, but by then- it would be too late." 'Sometimes.. people know Minwoo. it's something you're too young to know." Luhan pat Minwoo's head as the two laughed, but it all faded as Minwoo's sister came running in the same direction again- this time clearly spotting Minwoo.

  "Oh no.." Minwoo got up and was about to speed, but Luhan caught him and they almost, just almost connected to each other within that spiritual contact. Luhan felt horror up his body. Reincarnation Book 33:45-26 Only the reincarnators of the same family shall be able to spiritually contact each other bilingually.

   Horrified, Luhan  rose, staring at Minwoo. indeed, Minwoo smirked as he watched Luhan. "That's impossible.." Luhan breathed, first calming himself. he watched the boy as he surrended to his sister, receiving a punch on the head. Luhan was too aghast to speak or move, he just froze in his spot- unable to move. that smirk in the boy was something that no human could express off.

 

  "Unless.." Luhan gasped as he trodded towards the two people, startling them. the girl looked at him, her eyes turning into the size of a walnut. "Luhan!" she gasped as she grasped his hands. he stared at her in surprise, waiting for her to explain. "Don't you remember me?! It's me! Jung EunJi!" she squealed as she punched Luhan's arm lightly.

 

  "Jung EunJi...?"

 

"It's me! Your EX GIRLFRIEND!" Luhan's eyebrows knitted a sweater, unable to take in what he had just heard. Since when did Luhan have an ex girlfriend? Luhan still purplexed, glanced at her in question. she seemed so advantitious- that was what brought the memories back to him.

 

~3 years ago~

 

 "I..i'm sorry EunJi.. but i can't accept your confession.." Luhan scratched his head, rejecting Jung EunJi who had a big basket of chocolate in her hands, with a love letter slotted inside it. EunJi dropped the basket, the sweets rolling everywhere. the students nearby collected them and all ran away, sniggering as they popped an ABC chocolate into their mouth.

   "W..why..?" her voice trembled. it was obvious she was shaken by his sudden answer.

 

"I.. already have someone in my heart.. as much as i would love to accept your confession," Luhan breathed in sharply. 'I can't." Luhan made a sympathetic gesture with his hands as he glanced at EunJi who was close to tears. she only nodded, slowly backing away as she hit the locker, sighing and slowly wiping away her tears.

   "I'm sorry EunJi.."

"Don't be. It's not like we can control our heart anyway. but can i ask something?"

"Sure?"

"Who is it?"

"Who?"

"Come on, don't act naive. that girl in your heart."

"Oh.. wouldn't you.."

"If you really cared about what i felt, you wouldn't have rejected."

that was painful. Luhan bit his lips but still managed to go on. just then, the pretty girl of the year walked down inbetween them, leaving her strawberry scent behind as she strolled past, greeting everyone. Luhan's eyes were glued to her, as she disappeared through the corners- only then he realise the situation. EunJi had her arms crossed, staring at him. all her tears were gone.

  "Really? Suzy? every single boy in Seoul likes her Luhan. she's famous for being the natural beauty in her internet shopping website. there's not a single person who doesn't know her."

 

"Yes i know.. EunJi.. i'm realy sorry.. i just can't control myself lately.."

 

"It's alright. at least you're not one of those guys who didn't break my heart." she smiled, as she pat him on the shoulder and walked out of the corridor, as if nothing had just happened. that was the charm of Jung EunJi, She was the girl with the cool attitude.

 

Perhaps Luhan had considered her once or twice, but at that moment- Suzy was all that was in his eyes. He was young, he was immature.

 

*END*

 

"O..oh hahah EunJi!" Luhan laughed half heartedly. she was sure beautiful, he guessed that was the power of graduation- she must have gotten her face done in the least- for she wasn't quite the looker in high school nor middle school. Luhan and Eunji sat by the hospital convenience store with a can drink in their hands.

  Minwoo sat by their side, slurping on a ice cream stick. Perhaps Minwoo was the person he was brought on earth to capture- perhaps he was the reincarnator. there was much Luhan needed to know. Luhan's mind was only focused on Minwoo- but EunJi seemed to have different things on her mind. the way she was looking at him, her body language- all seemed a bit too peculiar.

  "How have you been Luhan..?" she asked, too fascinated at Luhan's dramatical change from a nerd. of course, now anyone would say that Luhan and EunJi would make a perfect couple- but visuals were it.

I rose from the dead.

 

"Things have been.. up and down.. i guess.." he replied, nodding poignantly as he sipped his can drink. EunJi nodded, smiling at him as she raised her face on her hands in a lovesick way. "You've changed alot Luhan.. are you in a.. fashion industry now or something..?" EunJi glanced over his entire body.

  "Oh.. No, i enrolled at our old high school you see? became a swim coach.. you could say that my style has changed ever since i learned about this thing called school dress codes." the two nodded, laughing half heartedly. "I.. i work at a commercial company.. Just got fired last week though.." EunJi one shotted her drink. "I took dawn sessions because my brother was ill, the company said i was skipping time in daylight just to come at dawn.." "you shouldn't have graduated so early EunJi.. i remember you were so excited about graduating high school in the second year of high school.." "Yeah, but isn't that a previliege for my parents really? I didn't even get to go on the ski trip.. how are the last few days of high school now? i heard everyone's already looking into their occupations right after the SATs.."

  "It's been.. pleasant. i guess. i really don't intend on having any big occupations.. I'm planning to return to China soon.. after a year.. i'm going to cut off all contacts and simply disappear.."

 

  EunJi dropped her can drink, letting it leak all over the ground. Luhan stood in shock, surprised at EunJi who just sat there with a hurt expression on her face. Luhan just left the can where it was and sat back down on the seat. "E..Eunji.." "Why are you leaving..?" she asked, her voice trembling. "I decided.. it's about time i go back to where i really.. belong."

   Luhan knew all that he would disappear into mist after 365 days, but it wasn't as he would tell anyone that. "Can't we start over Luhan?" she grabbed his hand, staring deeply into his eyes. Luhan was sprouching out of her hands but the more he did, the more she would grab. "P..please.. i became so much prettier, i can be better than Suzy.. please.."

   'I'm sorry.." he rejected, pulling his hand out. he could feel the pain engraved on her face, and this time- it couldn't be any more real.

 

 

 

 

'Yes, you'd better be. Because you're my boyfriend. remember?" a tugging voice came from behind, catching the attention of the three people sitting by the table. Eunji squinted her eyes, her jaws dropping at the sight of Suzy standing right there with a single crutch supporting her weight.

 

 

  "S..suzy.?" Luhan rose from his seat, too startled to stay seated.

 

 

"Well Eunji, it's been a long time. did you have fun? dropping out of high school?" Suzy examined Eunji up and down, crossing her arms. Eunji rose from her seat, scoffing ridiculed as she kicked the chair from behind her. she stood infront of Naeun, scoffing at her sight. "Yeah, of course. i'm rich now Bae Suzy."

 

 

  'Well that's good for you. why don't you go buy yourself a man? Luhan and i have unfinished business. Come on Oppa!" she dragged his arms, kissing him on the cheeks as she limped away, supporting her weight on Luhan. the two stayed silent, both cheeks flushed red. and the only thing that Eunji could do was stare in ridicule, with her demonic brother staring at Luhan with a mischivous figure that plotted revenge, for trying to suspect him.

 


sorry for really late update..

school started and i was really busy, and i have korean school on the weekend too

which makes it more stressful. so yeah, please understand..