Minseok and Kyungsoo.

Welcome Home, Daddy!

Ten year old Oh Minseok had his hands on his hips as he stared at Kyungsoo. The seven year old had a wide smile on his face the more he looked at the banner in front of him. Dipping his hand in the cool paint, he pressed the red coloured hand onto the paper and smiled even more.

“Do you think that he’ll like it?” the boy asked looking at his elder brother with wide and hopeful eyes. “Do you?”

Minseok sighed and rubbed his temples before pulling Kyungsoo away from the banner and washing the younger’s hand. “Yes, I think he’ll like it. Now stop painting it. We want to be ready when Daddy comes.” The elder said grabbing a paper towel.

Once he was done, Minseok moved back to the living room where he stared. The room was filled with green, blue and red balloons to match the colour scheme of the banners. Before Sehun had left, he put up a giant banner that all four of them made with welcome home greetings for the Chinese male along with streamers and stars. Minseok and Kyungsoo were supposed to finish another banner to put outside in the front lawn and ice the cake that Kyungsoo and Sehun both cooked.

“Hyung!” Kyungsoo cried out. “Did you finish your act?” he asked with wide eyes. “We should practice them before Daddy and Appa come home.”

Minseok nodded and smiled ushering Kyungsoo into the living room. There both little boys practiced their acts for their Daddy before he came.

And it was a little later that a phone call came for Minseok.

“Hello?” he answered motioning for his little brother to be quiet.

“Seokkie?” Sehun’s said. “We’re on our way home.”

Minseok gasped and looked to the drying banner in the corner. Silently, he sighed before answering the younger father. “Okay. We’re almost done here.”

“Did Kyungsoo ice the cake?”

“Yeah, a while ago. We just need to put the banner outside and set up the stage. Appa, did you ever practice the music?”

“I did and I have to go. Daddy’s coming this way.”

“Okay, see you home.”

With that the phone call ended and Minseok yelled for his younger brother.

“They’re on their way home!” the ten year old said happily. “Come on, Kyunggie. We have to put the banner up!”

Kyungsoo came running out of the kitchen with frosting on his face. “Let’s go to work then!” he cheered with frosting stained lips.

Both boys ran to the banner and carefully walked out to the garage. Placing the banner on the ground, Minseok stared at the garage for a minute trying to figure out how to put it on.

“Kyunggie,” the ten year old whined. “I don’t know how to do this.”

“We should ask Uncle Kris to help us. He does live next door.” the seven year old said with a nod before running across the lawn and onto Kris’ door step.

Minseok watched from where he was and nodded when Kris came out. He saw Kyungsoo doing all sorts of motions and pointing to banner on the ground. Kris nodded and yelled into the house before grabbing Kyungsoo’s hand and walking over to the Oh’s.

“Hi Uncle Kris.” Minseok said with a smile when the tall male stood in front of him. Kris let out a smile and ruffled Minseok’s hair.

“I hear that you need help.” He said and Minseok nodded and pointed to the banner.

“We want to stick that on the garage. Can you tape it while Kyunggie and I hold it?”

Kris nodded and the two boys ran over to the banner carefully placing it where they wanted. Minseok then motioned with his free hand for Kris to put the tape on. Once it was done all three males moved away from it and looked at the loped sided banner. Kris let out a chuckle and Minseok pouted.

“It doesn’t look right.” He said, jutting out his lower lip more.

“I think it looks fine, hyung.” Kyungsoo cut in with a giant smile. “Don’t you think so Uncle Kris?”

“I do.” Kris said with a smile. “I’m sure Luhan gege is going to like it.”

The boys beamed at the older male and said their goodbye before they ran back inside the house.

“We still have to set the stage.” Minseok said looking at the living room again. “Where should we put it?”

“Under the banner!” Kyungsoo cheered with wide eyes. The elder boy nodded and started to grab stuff animals and other things to put around the stage. The younger dragged the table in front of the couch and ran to grab the cake.

Once the younger had placed the cake on the table, Minseok turned around to see it. His eyes became as wide as his younger brother’s and he smiled brightly.

“It looks amazing, Kyunggie!” he said with a bright smile.

Kyungsoo blushed some and stared at his creation. It was a simple design actually. The icing was just plain white and in the middle were five strawberries. But the strawberries were the coolest part. Each berry had its own colour. One was left red, another was blue, another was green, another was yellow and another was purple. Each colour represented a family member.

Green for Baekhyun.

Red for Kyungsoo.

Blue for Minseok.

Yellow for Sehun.

Purple for Luhan.

“Are you done?” Kyungsoo asked turning his attention away from his cake. Minseok nodded and smiled.

“Shall we practice one last time?” he asked and Kyungsoo nodded.

“Practice!” he cheered.


The moment Sehun pulled into the driveway, Luhan had tears in his eyes again. He gripped the paper in his lap tightly again and laughed at the lopsided banner on the garage.

“It’th up!” Baekhyun cheered from the backseat as Sehun stopped the car. He moved out of the car and to the backseat where the five year old was strapped safely. Baekhyun wiggled his legs to be put down and then he ran to Luhan, holding his pant leg again.

“Hey Luhan!” a voice called out and the group of three turned around to a smiling Kris and Tao. “It’s good to see you back.” Kris said.

“It’s good to be back.” Luhan said, smiling back to the couple.

“Well I hope you like your surprise!” Tao said with a laugh and pulled Kris inside of their house not before Luhan yelled ‘thanks’ in their direction.

“Get the bags later and let’s go on.” The Chinese male said with a glint in his eyes. “I want to see them.”

Sehun nodded and grabbed Luhan’s hand to pull him into the house.

The moment Luhan stepped inside, a smile lit his face. Everything was just like normal. Shoes littered the front, the dining room table was a mess like always, Baekhyun’s painting of their family was framed and on the wall.

“Guys?” Sehun called out. “We’re home!”

Two sets of footfalls sounded the quiet house and Sehun grabbed Baekhyun from Luhan’s pant leg.

“DADDY!” yelled Kyungsoo and Minseok at the same time. Luhan snorted a strange sound when the two tackled him to the ground and hugged their Chinese father tightly. “We missed you!” they both said.

Luhan wrapped his arms around the two boys and lightly pecked their cheeks. “I missed you too.”

“I can’t believe you’re home, Daddy.” Kyungsoo said, hugging the Chinese neck rather tightly. “I really, REALLY missed you.” He cried.

“Yeah!” Minseok cut in. “It wasn’t the same for the past six weeks, Daddy.”

Luhan smiled and hugged his two older children tightly. “I know, sweets. I know.”

“Welcome home, Daddy.” The two sobbed and held their father tighter.

“I’m back.”

~~~~

Miki says:
I swear, I have never written as much fluff as I did in this story.
It's sad but I'm half way over with this one and that'll be that.
Maybe in the near future, I'll write an angsty one. Ooo~