Patient in Room 21

YG Treasure Box

GBOM: Patient in Room 21

Description: In which, Jiyong is a doctor and Bom is his patient            


 

            "The patient in Room 21 is acting up again." Daesung said, looking at his fellow co-worker.
 
            Seungri sighed. "I'll call up Doctor Kwon."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
            "What seems to be the problem today, Ms. Park." Jiyong asked, stepping into Room 21.
 
            He had received the frantic call from Daesung, during his lunch break, about his patient throwing a fit.
 
            He had quickly packed up his lunch and made haste to check on the woman in Room 21.
 
            Park Bom looked up at the sound of her doctor's footsteps coming closer.
 
            Jiyong stared down at her.
 
            Her eyes were watery and her bottom lip quivered.
 
            Jiyong sighed. "What's wrong, Bom?" He softly asked.
 
            A pale, pink color settled over her cheeks.
 
            Jiyong knew she liked it when he called her only by her first name.
 
            "Dr. Kwon." She murmured. "I... I... I want to go outside!" Her shoulders shook and she started sobbing.
 
            Jiyong sighed, sitting down next to Bom on her bed. He drew her into his arms, hugging her body against his. He made soft, shushing noises as he ran a hand through her hair.
 
            "We can't go outside today, Bom. I promise though, that we will go outside tomorrow." He fondly smiled down at her, as she looked up at him.
 
            "You... you... you said that last time." She sniffed.
 
            Jiyong frowned. "I know, but this time I really do promise you that I will take you outside." He said.
 
            Bom remained quiet, leaning against Jiyong's chest, while Jiyong continued to her head. For a moment, he thought she had dozed off, but he was wrong. She was merely biting at her fingernails.
 
            "Don't do that." Jiyong said, drawing her hands away from . Bom made a small noise of disapproval as Jiyong snatched her hands away.
 
            He held her hands firmly in his, rubbing his thumbs against the skin to soothe her anxiety away.
 
            Bom watched the movement, a light pink coloring her cheeks.
 
            It was no secret that Park Bom had a crush on the young doctor. The whole ward knew; the doctors, the patients, hell even Jiyong, himself, knew how Bom felt.
 
            Doctor Kwon merely saw it as a cute crush. He did find Bom attractive though, but he had a strict rule on developing feelings for a patient. He was here to help, not fall in love.
 
            Still, he somehow found himself a little more affectionate with Bom. The older woman had somehow cemented herself in his life and had become his favorite patient.
 
            He enjoyed visiting Bom, quirks and all.
 
            "Do you promise to behave for the rest of the day?" Jiyong asked, standing up. He had been away for too long and needed to get back to work. There were other patients to see, such as Lee Hayi and Choi Seunghyun.
 
            Bom pouted, grabbing her Moomin (the plush hippo had been a present from Jiyong during his third visit) that was sitting on the bed, close to her chest.
 
            "Bom." Jiyong spoke, tone firm but gentle.
 
            Bom nodded.
 
            "Good. I'll come back for a visit before lights out, okay." He smiled at her and she smiled back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
            The night was going perfectly smooth for Jiyong after he had calmed Bom down. He visited some more patients, had a few sessions with them, looked at Lee Hayi's drawings, and listened to Choi Seunghyun go on and on about chairs. Everything was going fine.
 
            Note the keyword 'was'.was.
 
            Towards the end of the night, Jiyong got a Code Blue for Room 21.
 
            His work for the day now done, he headed that way immediately.
 
            When he arrived a group of doctors and nurses were already there. Some were holding the screaming Bom down.
 
            Jiyong sighed, stepping into the room.
 
            "Oh thank god, Doctor Kwon! You're here!" Park Sandara, a nurse on his floor exclaimed. Next to her stood Doctor Lee Chaerin, who looked at him. "I was just about to come and get you." She said.
 
            "What happened?" Jiyong asked.
 
            Chaerin looked at Dara, who shrugged.
 
            "I... I don't know. I was giving her the medicine and she just flipped. She started yelling about how she had to get away and that the man was going to kill her. She said I worked for him and she attacked me." the petite nurse hugged herself and Jiyong noticed the bandages on her right arm.
 
            "She scratched her." Chaerin said. "It's a good thing I was walking by. I was able to get her off of Nurse Park. Reinforcements showed up soon after. As you can see, they are having a problem." She indicated to where Bom was now trying to kick at a nurse, who was trying to hold her legs down.
 
            Jiyong, having enough, decided to step in.
 
            "Bom!"
 
            It was as if a spell had settled over her. Bom stopped kicking. She stopped screaming. She, instead looked at Jiyong, with wide eyes.
 
            "An angel. You're the angel. You've come to save me from these demons."
 
            Jiyong smiled, stepping closer. He motioned the other doctors and nurses to back away. "Yes, Bom. I'm the angel. I'm here to save you."
 
            Bom smiled up at him and opened her arms up for a hug.
 
            Jiyong stepped into her arms, allowing her to wrap them around his waist.
 
            She sighed happily, nuzzling against his stomach.
 
            Taking a chance, while she was distracted, Nurse Gong Minji handed Jiyong the needle and he quickly pressed it into her arm.
 
            Bom looked up at him, tears filling her eyes.
 
            "Angel, why?"
 
            "Shush." Jiyong cooed, watching as Bom's eyes drifted shut, the drug already working.
 
            He gently pried her arms off, lying her down in the bed, and tucking her in.
 
            Once done, he turned and nodded at the doctors and nurses, who looked at him with awe and respect.
 
            They all watched as he walked out of the room.
 
            Excited chatter fell among the remaining doctors and nurses.
 
            “Wow… did you see that?”
 
            “I would love to be able to work with my patients like that?”
 
            “Doctor Kwon is the best.”
 
            “Alright, everyone. Move on out.” Chaerin spoke up, waving a hand towards the door. “Park Bom needs to get her rest and she can’t peacefully do that with all this chatter.”
 
            “Ah… of course, Doctor Lee!” one of the nurses nodded at her.
 
            One by one the doctors and nurses left the room, leaving Chaerin and Dara with Bom. The doctor and nurse stared at the sleeping woman on the bed.
 
            “She looks so peaceful.” Dara said with a smile.
 
            Chaerin nodded. “Yes, Doctor Kwon seems to have that affect on her.” She sighed. “Well, we should get back to work.”
 
            Dara nodded and the two made their way out of Room 21.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
            The dreary weather outside put a damper on mostly everyone’s spirits today. It greatly aggravated Park Bom. Doctor Kwon has promised to take her outside today, but no, Mother Nature was being a complete and had decided to ruin Bom’s day.
 
            She angrily huffed and flopped down on her bed. What was she suppose to do now?
 
            She started at the door, hoping that Doctor Kwon would come for their morning session soon. At least that would give her something to do. He would probably apologize that he could not take her outside again.
 
            She sighed and sat up as the door opened.
 
            In stepped Doctor Kwon with a smile on his face. “Good morning, Bom.”
 
            Bom frowned. “How can this be a good morning?” She pointed out the window for Jiyong to see how bad it was raining.
 
            Jiyong’s smile widened. “Well I guess for some it wouldn’t be good, but I happen to like the rain.” He looked at her. “I did make a promise though and I’m sorry that I have to break it because of the weather.”
 
            Bom shrugged her shoulders. “It’s okay.”
 
            “Right then.” Jiyong sat in the chair next to her bed. “Let’s begin.” He pulled out a notebook and a pen.
 
            The session went smoothly, but that’s how sessions with Doctor Kwon usually went. He asked the simple questions like how did she sleep and how had she been doing? Normal questions to ask. They talked a bit about why she felt she was here, along with speaking about her past.
 
            Bom enjoyed speaking with Doctor Kwon. He made her feel safe. She trusted him completely.
 
            “Well then, I believe that is it.” Jiyong said, tucking his notebook and pen back into his coat pocket.
 
            Bom pouted. “Aw, do you have to leave so soon?” She asked.
 
            “Sadly yes, but I have a present for you.” Jiyong said.
 
            “What? A present for me?” Bom asked, looking into Jiyong’s eyes. They glittered with something unknown.
 
            Jiyong nodded and reached down to grab the black suitcase he had brought with him. He opened it and pulled out a nice, sharp pair of scissors.
 
            Bom’s eyes widened as she took in the gleaming object.
            Jiyong took a hold of her hand, squeezing it briefly before he set the scissors in it. “Too keep the bad man away.” He said.
 
            “What?” Bom looked at him. “The bad man?”
 
            Jiyong stood up and smiled down at her. “You be a good girl, okay, Bom.” He ruffled her hair.
 
            “I….”
 
            Surprising not only Bom, but himself, Jiyong leaned down and pressed a tender kiss to her forehead. “I’ll see you later.” And before Bom could say anything he was gone, suitcase in hand.
 
            Bom held the forbidden object in her hands. Would the scissors really keep the bad man away?
 
            She blinked. There was only one way to find out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
            “DOCTOR KWON! DOCTOR KWON!”
 
            Nurse Gong frantically ran into the cafeteria where Jiyong was sitting with fellow doctor, Dong Youngbae.
 
            Jiyong looked at her with a smile on his face. “Yes, Nurse Gong?”
 
            “It’s… it’s Park Bom, sir.” Tears filled Minji’s eyes.
 
            Jiyong’s eyes widened and he stood up. “What’s wrong?”
 
            “Just come with me.” Minji ran out of the cafeteria before he had a chance to reply.
 
            Jiyong quickly followed after, running towards Room 21.
 
            The sight that met him there was unbelievable. Doctor Lee, Nurse Park, Nurse Gong, and few police officers stood outside the room.
 
            “Doctor Lee, what is going on?” He asked, running up to Chaerin.
 
            She looked at him, a sad expression on her face. “I’m so sorry, Doctor Kwon.” She stepped aside and Jiyong moved passed her into the room.
 
            In the room, there were more officers and Jiyong shoved passed them to see… Bom… lying on her bed.
 
            Jiyong shook his head. “No….”
 
            Bom was not sleeping. Lying on the bed, she had the scissors in one hand and they were covered in blood. The whole front of her hospital gown was covered as well.
 
            “Sir.” an officer noticed him. “You can’t be in here.” He stepped forward to remove Jiyong out of the room.
 
            “I… I was.. I mean… I am her doctor.” Jiyong said.
 
            The officer looked at Jiyong. “If you are her doctor, then do you know where she got those scissors from?” He asked.
 
            Jiyong shook his head. “No… no.” He said, voice breaking as he tried to control his emotions. “I’m… I’m afraid I don’t.”
 
            The other officers in the room shared a look. “We hate to say this, but we will have to take you in for questioning.”
 
            Jiyong nodded. “I understand.” He was led out of the room to stand by Chaerin, Dara, and Minji.
 
            “This is like something out of a nightmare.” Dara whispered.
 
            “Yeah…” Jiyong murmured. “It is.”
 
            He looked down at the floor, a million of emotions swimming in his eyes. Sadness. Regret. Heartache. So many thoughts ran through his head, but only one stood out.
 
            “I’m so sorry, Bom. This was the only way. I didn’t want to see you suffer anymore. I wish I could have done more, but at least you can be happy now. Maybe one day we will be again, but until then enjoy the outside for now.
 
                                                                                    I….
                                                                                                love….
 
                                                                                                               you….”
 
 

Wow... it has been forever. I'm trying really hard to get back to writing. I have been really busy. This is my last semester at Junior College, then I graduate in May, and then I am off to University in August. Pretty much school has taken over my life. I've been writing a bit here and there, but not too much. I'm glad I got this done though. This idea has been stuck in my head for quite some time and I wanted to do a GBOM one-shot, so here you go.

The reason why Bom is in the hospital is not mentioned. I decided to leave that one up to you all. Also... Jiyong is not as nice of a doctor as he seems. 

Hope you all enjoyed it! Until next time... BYE!