Four

When You Walked Into My Life

Saena's POV:

The whole day, I could hear murmuring about me behind my back. They questioned why someone like me would appeal to Myungsoo. I simply scoffed at them. What was wrong with me? At least I didn't walk around looking like a clown threw up on my face with makeup.

Since Myungsoo was in all of my classes, he took the chance to sit next to me all the time. At first I was annoyed, but I got used to it. Besides, he wasn't bad. He just kind of sat there and sometimes he played with my fingers. Whenever he did that, I would blush and he would smirk.

I was walking to my locker to put my books away. It was time for lunch. Usually, I sat out on the front steps of the school and ate by myself while listening to music. I enjoyed it. The music calmed me down and the schoolyard actually looked peaceful without a bunch of high schoolers running around.

I had just placed my books on the top shelf and was about to grab my lunchbag when someone grabbed my wrist, slammed my locker, and dragged me away. When I looked in the direction of my "kidnapper," I realized that it was Hoya. An angry Hoya.

He threw me into the classroom that we were in the day before and shut the door. I simply took a seat at one of the desks and stared up at him. Slowly, he inched closer and closer to my face until we were staring right at each other with nothing but a centimeter of space between us.

His glare was piercing. It sent shivers down my spine, but at the same time, his eyes were very captivating. Hoya had dark brown orbs that seemed to be melting into mine.

"What the hell was that about?" He asked me with a cold voice.

"What do you mean?" I was trying to act innocent just to see how he would react.

"Cut the bull. You know exactly what I mean. You were supposed to confess to me, not Myungsoo. What the hell was running through your mind?"

"You want to know what was running through my mind? I was wondering why you lied to me. Why you had said that the school was having budget cuts and that the girls soccer team was at risk. Did you know that my uncle's the principal? Oh, and by the way, going through all of this hassle just for a girl's number is a bit desperate don't you think?"

I smirked when I saw the look on Hoya's face. He looked shocked. For once, nothing cocky came out of that mouth of his.

"Exactly. That's what I thought. Hoya, if you're going to lie to me, at least look into some background information."

I was expecting him to start apologizing to me, but what happened next nearly gave me a heart attack.

He pulled me out of the desk and slammed me against the wall. He grabbed my wrists and pinned me up against the wall. I struggled to get out of his grasp, but he was too strong for me.

"So did you have fun ruining our deal? If that's the way you want it, then that's that way you'll get it." He smirked at me and for once, he scared me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that the war is on. Watch out Park Saena. You might just regret ever letting me down."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole day, I was a nervous wreck, even after school when I was trying to fall asleep. What would Hoya do? There was definitely something up his sleeve.

Right as I was about to fall asleep, my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Saena."

"Myungsoo? How did you get my number?"

"That's not important. What's important is that tomorrow, I have to leave for Japan for about a month."

"What?! What the hell?! You can't just leave me in this mess alone. You promised to clean up the aftermath."

"I know, but my dad told me that his company's branch in Japan is struggling too much. I need to go over there and fix things up. I promise I'll come back for you, okay?"

I knew we weren't actually dating, but when he said that he would come back for me, my heart started to beat faster. He somehow knew how to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

"Fine. But come back quickly. I can't handle the girls' glares by myself forever."

"Sorry. I'll call you every night. Bye. Love ya."

"Bye... Wait what?"

"I said I love you."

"... Why would you say that?"

"Saena, did you really think I did all of this just to mess with Hoya? I don't mess around with love. You've been the first girl to make my heart beat faster. What you said to me in your fake confession yesterday, that was exactly how I felt towards you in reality."

"I... I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. Besides, for the month that I'm gone, just think about it. If you feel the same way, we can continue on with this relationship. If you don't, then we can just end it right then and there. No strings attached."

"... Alright. But you do realize that you've only known me for a day right?"

"Saena... Do you really not remember me? Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo? C'mon. Think back to elementary school. Who was the one that helped you get the frisbee out of the tree? Who was the one that tied your shoes for you because you didn't know how to? Who was the only one that offered to sit next to you on the bus?"

His words struck me. I had always remembered Myungsoo, but Kim was such a common last name. It never crossed in my mind that the two Myungsoo's could be the same one.

"Myungsoo... I'm so sorry. I didn't even think about that possibility. Of course I remember you. It's just that... I still don't know about my feelings right now."

"It's fine. Just don't keep me waiting for too long. I have to go now. I'll call you tomorrow when I land in Japan."

"Alright. Have a safe trip Myungsoo."

We hung up and my mind started spinning in circles. Even if he had been a childhood friend, how could I simply give him my heart when he had only reappeared yesterday?! Besides, I had always viewed Myungsoo as a hero to me when I was a child, nothing like a first love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outfit:

Hair:

tumblr_mq0g59TcT41su5b5mo1_500.png

Shirt:

tumblr_mpoduvR45k1s859xxo1_250.jpg

Pants:

tumblr_mprmiwoBob1qbq18ko1_500.jpg

Shoes:

tumblr_mq1qhmyOjt1s3jf1xo1_500.jpg

My questions about Hoya's intentions had been answered when I walked into school the next day. 

The moment I walked into school and went to my locker, I noticed that there was message painted across it in purple paint.

"Little by little, I'm going to annoy the out of you. You better watch out ."

I immediately knew who it was and anger bubbled inside of me.

When I opened my locker, I screamed when I saw a bunch of rotten onions and jalapenos everywhere. From behind me, I heard laughter, causing me to turn around. There he was, that rotten bastard. He was laughing and pointing at me with Woohyun.

I slammed my locker shut while grabbing a handful of the onions and jalapenos. Turning around, I stomped towards him and he smirked at me.

"Did you like your little gift? Too bad your precious boyfriend isn't here to protect you. Now, if you had simply confessed to me, this would've never happened. But no, you were idiotic and went against me."

That was it. I threw the mixture in my hand and rubbed it in his face. Woohyun stared at me in shock while I grinned at him. The smell was unbearable and thinking about how Hoya would smell like that the whole day made me laugh.

"WHAT THE HELL?! DO YOU WANNA DIE?!"

He kept cussing at me, causing everyone to stop and stare.

When Hoya realized that everyone was staring, he smiled at me and then back at the crowd.

"For every single fangirl of Myungsoo out there, just know that he's going to be out for about a month. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean." Then, he winked at them, causing most of the girls to squeal. He turned around and faced me.

"Have fun with that. The last girl that one of us dated... oh man. It was bad. Just be prepared to leave the school."

He smirked at me and walked away. 

Now I was scared.

Myungsoo and Hoya didn't scare me, but their fangirls sure did.