Unexpected

You are my Sunshine

A/N: I own none of the characters. I refer to Gui Gui's manager as Jie Jie just for convenience (since I don't know her actual name). Kwanghee and Yalun are introduced. FYI, Yan Yalun is Aaron Yan who had the kissing scene with Gui Gui. They are known to be best friends. Kwanghee and Aaron actually met each other in Taiwan when ZE:A and Fahrenheit did something together and Kwanghee also friend Aaron on Weibo. Siwan and Kwanghee are both in ZE:A and are best friends. I also purposely made the english a bit bad for Kwanghee and Gui Gui since they are not native english speakers. Aaron lived in the states so he speaks it well. Enjoy!!

 

 

The alarm rang, and Gui Gui’s arm automatically reached out to the clock to shut it off. It was way too early, even for a morning bird like herself. She hadn’t had enough sleep last night because she had been having a fan chat with her fans. She smiled as she waded her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth. It had been a year, and yet they still asked about Taecyeon.

 

She didn’t know what to tell them except to continue supporting their efforts. Gui Gui didn’t want to disappoint her fans, and even she had a bit of hope that she would be able to meet Taecyeon again, whether it be through a concert or even another season of We Got Married. But neither happened.

 

She went to the kitchen to get some breakfast after her shower. She always did love the first meal of the day. Eating breakfast was a stress reliever for her, where she ate away the sorrows of the previous day and began the new day afresh.

 

Ring Ring

 

She knew who would be, she didn’t even need to look at the phone.

 

“Wei, Jie Jie? I know, we have to get to set in a half hour.” She said.

 

“O good. I’ll be there in a minute.” Gui Gui’s manager said.

 

Sure enough, there was a knock at her door as her manager let herself in. Gui Gui smiled brightly at her, and said “Let’s go!”

 

Gui Gui loved going to work as she had grown close to everyone on the set. She couldn’t wait to meet her friends, have fun. She understood the value of everyone getting along, and she really loved laughing with everyone on the set.

 

Her manager looked at her. She knew that even though Gui Gui was all smiles, somewhere she had closed off her heart a little bit. Gui Gui was happy, but there was something missing. Someone.

 

“Oh!” Gui Gui exclaimed looking at her phone. “KwangHee Oppa will be in town for two days. He wants to meet up with me and Ya Lun!”

 

“Really? You still keep in touch with him?” Jie Jie asked.

 

“I told you already, didn’t I? He friended me on Weibo!”

 

“Does he tell you about Taec?” Jie Jie asked, eyes slyly looking at her reaction. She loved teasing her about him as well.

“Haha, Of course not.” Gui Gui said. “You know how busy Oppa is. And I feel awkward for asking KwangHee Oppa about him. Shouldn’t I just directly ask Oppa if I want to talk to him?”

 

“You do want to ask him,  but you don’t. You’re just shy to approach first.” Jie Jie countered back. Gui Gui let out a little smile and agreed.

 

“I suppose so. I don’t want to push him into something he doesn’t want to. I know he won’t say anything to me....he’s not that kind of person. But I don’t want to be rejected either.” Gui Gui said. Jie Jie nodded sympathetically.

 

The rest of the drive was quiet, while Gui Gui chattered on. She didn’t try to sound so excited about Kwang Hee coming. She knew that this would be her chance to find out how her oppa was doing. She didn’t even realize she had called him hers after the day’s filming was over.


 

-----

 

“Gui Gui! Yalun Hyung!!!” Gui Gui looked at the source of the voice. She knew it.

 

“Kwanghee oppa!” She said. She immediately laughed, seeing him waving like a crazy person. “Long time no see!”

 

Yalun also got up to greet his friend. It had been a long time since they had seen each other, and since Kwanghee signed up on Weibo, it had become a lot easier to keep in touch.

 

“How are you Yalun hyung?”

 

“I am good! How are you? How are the rest of the ZE:A members doing? Are any of the here? When can I see them?” Yalun barricaded him with questions.

 

“O they are fine! I just came on vacation with Siwan. He is a bit busy right now.”

 

“Yan Yalun! I am here too! Don’t just talk to him.” Gui Gui told Yalun playfully in chinese, shoving him.

 

“I also want to talk to him, Miss Gui Gui!” Yalun shoved her back.

 

“Awww it hurts!” Gui Gui whined, while Yalun laughed and hugged her.

 

Kwanghee looked at their exchange, surprised at their close friendship. Even though he hadn’t seen them interact until now, he could certainly tell the two were close to each other. It made him feel uncomfortable.

 

“You two are good friends?” Kwanghee asked.

 

Gui Gui and Yalun looked at each other and smiled at Kwang hee. “Very good!” Gui Gui said. “Kwanghee Oppa don’t know?”

 

Kwanghee shook his head and made a mental note of their closeness. “How long you two know each other?”

 

Yalun reponded. “Oh, for ages...um...6 years?” Gui Gui nodded.

 

They got their coffees while making chit chat, and immediately Gui Gui drank it in one shot.

 

“Oh you still do one shot?” Kwang hee asked.

 

“One shot?” Yalun said. “Oh! Ganbei! From last year!” Yalun had watched the show, so he realized what KwangHee was referring to. “She always does one shot now!” Gui Gui glared daggers at him while Yalun giggled.

 

“Ahh!” Kwang hee said. “You talk to Taecyeon recently?”

 

Gui Gui was surprised at the sudden question, but quickly regained her senses. She shook her head and said, “No, I think Oppa busy, so he not contact me.”

 

Kwang Hee was a little surprised that they didn’t have that much contact anymore but didn’t question it.

 

“Is Oppa ok? He is happy?”

 

“Yeah! Taecyeon is ok. He has lot of concerts so he is busy doing those.”

 

“Please tell oppa to get rest! He works too hard.”

 

“He won’t listen. He is too busy.”

 

Gui Gui wanted to ask Kwanghee whether he knew if Taecyeon ever thought about her but was a bit shy.

 

“I have never met Taecyeon.” Yalun said. “But he seems nice. Does he talk about Gui Gui?” Yalun had taken the words straight out of . She looked at him gratefully and looked back at Kwanghee. Kwanghee was about to say something until Gui Gui’s manager called her to come back immediately. Gui Gui cursed timing and was wondering why she couldn’t stay longer but Manager Jie Jie would’t hear of it.

 

“Kwanghee oppa. I have go now. I have to film” Gui Gui said sadly.

 

“Ah Ok. He he he.” Kwang hee laughed and winked at Gui Gui. “If I stay longer, I want Gui Gui to show me around Taipei.”

 

“Ahh! Me too!!! Ok, next time?” Gui Gui smiled.

 

“Yes! Next time. I’ll tell Taecyeon I saw you!” Kwanghee said.

 

“Please do. And say him I hope he takes care of himself and not work too much!” Gui Gui said. Kwanghee smiled and nodded. She still really did care for Taecyeon, he thought to himself.

 

“You won’t believe this” Yalun said looking at her go, “But she really has been looking forward to meeting you. She must have been excited.” Kwanghee was happy to have met her too. But something about Yalun and Gui Gui made him uncomfortable about his friend.


He continued chatting with Yalun and made a mental note to talk to Siwan that night and ask him his opinion.