CHAPTER VI:

The Same As You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER VI:

 

 

I knocked three times and finally the door burst open revealing Jaehwan’s mother. She was shocked to see me. It was not surprising at all. I know how she will react one she sees me once again after all this time. It’s been what, eleven years since their very first meeting. It was long ago.

“W-what are you doing here…J-Jung T-Taekwoon?” she asked nervously like she’s been anxious lately.

“I’m here to talk to you, Grace.” I said.

She frowned. “W-what do you want to talk about? There’s nothing to talk about, is there? My son is not here.” She said and was about to close the door but I was too quick to swiftly came inside even though I’m not yet invited by her.

“I’m sure if you hear Jaehwan’s name, you’ll be interested.” I said and she looked very shocked.

“W-what did you do to my son?! He’s suffering and now I don’t know where he is!” She exclaimed and started punching my chest while crying.

I held both of her wrists to stop her and pulled her away so we can both see each other clearly.

“He’s with me now, Grace. Don’t worry because he’s fine. I’m here to talk to you and I don’t think talking in the laundry area would be appropriate.”

She stopped and stares at me like she didn’t still not believing my words but then she nodded afterwards and started walking to the adjoining room, the dining area.

She then took a sit to a round table and I took a sit across her.

“W-what do you want to say? When will you bring my son back?” she started asking.

I took a sigh and then speak. “I’m sorry, Grace. But, I’m not going to give Jaehwan back to you anymore.”

She stood up and slammed her palms on the table in shock.

“WHAT?! How dare you say that? He’s my son! He’s not yours!”

“I’m sorry but he’s not yours anymore—“

And she gave me a very stingy slap on my cheek after.

“Listen to me first, Grace. I know it’s not going to be easy—“

“You already made our lives not easy after you brought my Kennie back here eleven years ago.” She interjected.

“He was in danger that time. I killed the grizzly bear to save him…but, his condition got worse that time and I don’t know what to do. It was the first time I saw how Ken tried to breathe but his lungs aren’t giving him space to breathe.

Call it being in panic mode that time, the only medicine I thought of was giving him blood. My blood, Grace. My blood. A vampire blood. I did that to save him but I guessed it gotten worse. I found out yesterday that Ken was still having a hard time to breathe. And so, I’ve decided to talk to you and ask for your permission.”

“Permission? What kind of permission you want, Taekwoon? You already disrespected me when you take advantage of my baby back then! And yes, I was somehow felt grateful because he grew up not being so sickly anymore but when he turned sixteen, his sickness came back and it was your entire fault!”

She exclaimed and cries in her palms.

“I want to ask you if you can let me turn Ken into…like me.” I stated and when lifted her head, she stared at me with wide eyes.

“W-what did you s-say?!”

“It’s the only way to heal Ken completely—“

“By turning him into a monster like you and lead a lifeless life? Is that what you want? NO!” she yelled.

“But Grace—“

“He’s my son, Taekwoon.” She said sobbing once again. “How am I supposed to agree with that?”

“I know it’s hard but I don’t want to see Ken in distress anymore—“

“Me too, Taekwoon! Me too! That’s why I don’t want this to happen…”

“I know you will never forgive me but now that you know my plan already, I’ll be going now.” I said and stand up to take my leave.

I was out the door when Grace’s hand grabbed my wrist, stopping me from leaving. I turned back to her.

“Wait.” She said.

“What is it, Grace?”

“Promise me you’ll take care of him. He’s the only person I care about in this world, Taekwoon. So please take care of him. And you better ask about this matter before you drag your fangs into his skin.”

“I will. I’m giving you my forever vow that I will protect and take care of Jaehwan and no harm will be done to him as long as I’m alive.” I promised truthfully because that is what I’m going to do even before the time I saved Jaehwan when he was five. I already swore myself that time along with making Jaehwan mine.

“And… I want to see him. Can you bring him to me once?” she pleaded and I nodded in response.

“When he gets better, I’ll bring him over. I know he won’t ever forget about you.”

“If he does then, I will curse you to death!” She threatened and I gave her a smile.

“You already know why I changed my mind right?” she asked after a moment of silence.

“No, you didn’t change your mind at all. You’re still against it, Grace.” I said truthfully.

“It’s because I know I can’t save him even the doctors told me he wasn’t going to survive any longer. But, when you said about saving him by turning him into a vampire, I thought, it would be better than seeing him inside a coffin instead.” She stated and tears starts falling down her eyes once again.

“So,” she then pointed her finger at me. “Don’t you dare hurt my baby, okay?!”

I smiled and nodded. “Arasso. You can count on me, Grace.”

“I will hold onto that promise, Taekwoon. I will hold onto that.” She said staring at me intently.

“It’s Leo.”

“H-huh?”

“You can just call me Leo. Taekwoon’s too long.” I smiled.

She nodded. “Go now.”

I nodded. “One more thing,” I stopped and look at her.

“What is it now?”

“I hope you don’t mind that Ken is going to be mine.”

“JUNG….LEO?!!!”

I then swiftly vanished into the woods even before she could slap me for the second time.

 

>>>>>>OOOO<<<<<<

 

I was once again—just like the first time—out of breath. I was panting really hard that I had to lay down my body onto the bed, close my eyes and catch my breath.

When I close my eyes, the scenes Leo showed me earlier came back flashing into my head: the picture of my mom, weeping and crying; Leo’s handsome face and his words and promises.

“I will. I’m giving you my forever vow that I will protect and take care of Jaehwan and no harm will be done to him as long as I’m alive.”

These words keep on repeating over and over… as well as…

“I hope you don’t mind that Ken is going to be mine.”

Thinking about it makes me blush. Did he really mean that?

“Ken,”

He calls and I open my eyes and found him on top of me, staring at my face.

“Are you alright?”

“Y-you…asked me that question twice…”

I heard him chuckle and help me sit back up. We’re now seating side by side on his bed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter