CHAPTER V:

The Same As You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER V:

 

 

I saw Dongwon standing outside the closed double door room which I presume the dining room.

“Hi Hyung!” Ilhoon greeted. He waves a hand in the air.

“Is everyone impatiently waiting for us by now?” He asks, smirking.

Dong Won laughs. “You bet.”

“Let’s go, Hyung.” Ilhoon then grabs my hand and drags me inside after Dong Won opens the door.

I’m not very good at describing things, but one thing’s for sure, the dining room is huge and luxurious. It’s like; every furniture down to the utensils and glassware on the table shines and twinkles in my eyes. For a moment, I close my eyes to take it all in, all of these bizarre happenings in my life right now.

When I open my eyes, a pair of yellow eyes blocks my vision. I gasp. I took one foot step backward.

“Hiiiiiii~”

He gave me a toothy smile. The owner of the yellow eyes steps back to give me a space and introduce himself.

“I’m N. And Ravi was right! You’re so cute~” He squeals. He hugs me. He pulls away and, hugs me again.

“No wonder Leo-goon fell for you!”

“Leo?” I ask. I tilt my head, clueless.

“You don’t know Leo? You haven’t met him yet?” He stares at me like I’m asking him a joke or something ridiculous for that matter.

“Hyung,” Ilhoon takes N’s attention. “He knows him by the code: lion.”

N’s mouth formed an “O”

“His name is Leo?” I ask Ilhoon.

“Yep.” Ilhoon replied with a smile.

“Let’s chat later, ne? We’re kind of hungry here.” Ravi said, taking our attention.

The three of us nodded and we take our seats afterwards and start feasting our food in front of us.

“Wait.” N made us stop chewing and looks at him.

“What?” Hyuk asks, starting to get annoyed.

“Isn’t Leo going to eat with us?” N asks everyone.

My head automatically lowered when I remember what happened back in my room.

“Well, maybe he’s not hungry anymore?” Ilhoon guesses.

N frowned. “He invited everyone to dinner and yet he’s not here?”

“LEO-GOON!”

N shouted in a very large voice. As if his voice came from a loud speaker with amplifier.

The five of us (Ravi, Hongbin, Hyuk, Ilhoon and I) had to stick our pointing fingers inside our ear, protecting our own sensitive eardrums.

“You shouldn’t shout so loud, N Hyung. I am here now, alright?”

All of us gasp and turn our heads towards the side of the table, seeing Leo sitting on the empty seat before and lean his head over his hand that supported by his elbow on the arm-rest of the chair.

“I thought I would call you twice.” N smiles then turn to face his own plate and continue eating his meal.

“Eat.” Leo said and started eating his meal after. The others joined and continue their food. While, I on the other hand, still couldn’t believe I’m seeing him for the second time.

“Aren’t you going to eat, Jaehwan-ah?” He asks coldly.

Everybody’s eyes went towards me after Leo had spoken.

“You need it.”

I nod as a reply and continue eating while bowing my head low. I know I couldn’t face him, or even make an eye to eye contact.

After dinner, I excused myself even though N Hyung wanted to chat with me a little bit longer. I told them I’m tired and they let me go afterwards. I locked myself in my room, not wanting to leave anymore. I feel safer in here. Leo doesn’t seem to be bothered by my actions earlier. And, I didn’t have the time to look at him in the eyes back there. I was too shy to even lift my head.

I am now staring at the ceiling, lying on my bed. Even though it’s the only thing I’m doing, my mind couldn’t seem to think. My brain is too busy hovering thousands of words inside. I don’t know what to do anymore.

All these things happened for a reason. But, what’s that reason? And, how come I’m a vampire and my mom didn’t even tell me? Why Leo did save me back then? And, what does my grandparents and my mother talking about?

I ruffled my head in annoyance and roll all over my bed, not liking this mystery inside of me.

I closed my eyes and start calming myself down. It’s hard but at least, I’ve got to try. It took me thirty minutes to shake off all the thoughts inside my head. I stand up and went to the balcony across my bed. I inhaled the night air and filled my lungs with it. I put my hands on the railing and close my eyes, feeling the cold air touching my face and my body. I smiled thinking of nothing but the wonders of the night. I open my eyes and stare at the full moon, so big and seem so close to me. I can imagine my hands reaching for it and enclosing it in my palms, seeing its shine escaping from the spaces between my fingers.

For the first time in my life, I feel so alive. It feels so good. Because all I remember was being in hospitals, taking medicines and being an unhealthy kid. All the doctors who checked my condition always told me I have weak lungs. So I’ve tried not to do anything stupid unlike the memories I’ve regained when I was five, back at that forest. Before I reached sixteen, I’ve had mild hyperventilation. I remembered how it differs from when I finally reached sixteen. I didn’t really feel that my lungs were nowhere to be found. But, fortunately, this time, filling my lungs is not a problem before. It’s like I’m renewed or reborn, or something somehow closer to that.

Tonight, I am planning to have a peaceful sleep. So, I went back to my bed and cover myself with the blanket, smiling as I close my eyes. The glass door is opened, welcoming the cold night air into my room.

Sweet dreams.

>>>>>>OOOO<<<<<<

 

I woke up when I felt a pair of yellow eyes staring at me. My eyes flash open the same time my body jolted up, now seating on my bed with a messy hair and wide eyes.

“Good Morning Kennie~”

As soon as I recognized N’s cheerful voice, I mentally sigh. I thought it was Leo’s eyes who were staring at me while I was sleeping.

N then suddenly jumps on my bed, creating a ‘puff’ sound as his knees landed on the soft mattress. I got startled at his sudden gesture.

“Omo!” I almost screamed.

“Good morning Kennie! I was told that you might still be sleeping so the others didn’t want to bother you. But, since we just met last night because I was out taking some business when you were brought here last week, I wanted to make an effort to finally know you!” N hyperly stated, clasping his hands together.

“Good morning to you too, Hyung.” I replied with a weak smile. “But, my name’s Ken, Hyung.”

“I know.” N then pouts. “You don’t want me to call you Kennie, then?”

“N-no, it’s not that Hyung. It’s just…you can just simply call me Ken.” I answered with an awkward smile.

“Alright,” N immediately agrees and gives me a warm smile. “Ken. So, what do you want to do now? Any plans for the day?”

I shake my head. “No. I don’t have any plan. I might probably read a book—“

“BORING~” N sings. “Come. I’ll show you around.” He then pulls me out of my bed and to the door of my room. “I’ll be your tour guide.” He added cheerfully and I could no longer protest to that as he continues dragging me out of my room still wearing my pj’s with unsorted hair, un-brushed teeth and unwashed face.

I hope this day will be a good one and I’m praying for that to happen.

 

>>>>>>OOOO<<<<<<

 

“Here’s the library—OH! There you are, Leo!”

I look at N Hyung and I’m sure he planned this tour ahead. Actually, we already passed by the library twice but when I asked N hyung about it, he said it was their last resort so I shrugged and followed him dragging me everywhere. And now, were finally here with the yellow-eyed man. How ironic! Like, I want to be here in the first place! It still makes me awkward, embarrassed, and keeps me blushing remembering our first—er, second meeting.

“What are you two doing here?”

I heard his voice and when I turn to fix my eyes on him, I see him busy with his book, reading and flipping the pages of it. His head then is supported by his arm on top of the table like a royalty of some distant castle and he’s a prince. I just hope he’s a charming one but I don’t think it’s possible for a cold-blooded monster—I mean, vampire like him.

“I’m touring Ken around.” N hyung answered very enthusiastically.

“Let’s go, Hyung. He seems busy.”

I tag N Hyung’s arm by pulling my arm that he was holding. The latter then turn his face at me and give me a wide smile.

“We’re going now, Leo.” N then turn to Leo and then back to me. “Bye!”

Then, we started to walk out of the door when a wind blow shar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter