Candle holder...

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“bye~” I waved to YoSeob who wanted to drop me off in front of the school gate. The man in the same suit like this morning came and opened the car door for me to get in. “thankyou” I smiled. While he was driving me home, I asked “is it necessary that I go home by car everyday?”. “Mr Jung has told me to drive you to school and back home” he replied. “I guess I will need to talk to Dae Jung then” I thought.

“I’m home!” I called, walking into the lobby of the mansion. “Why isn’t anyone home?” I spoke out loud.

I went to my room and got changed. I made my way back downstairs into the dining room. “Hello?, anyone here?” I called, but it was empty.

Making my way towards the kitchen I opened a cupboard to see if there was any food. “A kitchen this big and I am having trouble finding food…” I spoke in frustration. I looked around and saw a huge fridge. “Ohh duh, the fridge will surely contain food!” I cheerfully opened the fridge and found various types of food that I have never seen or eaten before. "Omo, these look so good!” I cried as I reached for them.

I was about to finish eating my food in the dining room, when I heard a sound coming from the lobby. It sounded like someone was breaking in and I can hear soft footsteps. I froze and screamed in my mind *oh my gosh it’s a thief!!, what do I do!?, should I call the police? but wheres the phone?!*

Note to self, find out where the phone to this house is located at if I make it out alive. You will probably do what I’m about to do if you were at home alone and suddenly hear a sound of a door closing.

I quickly reached for something that I can use to protect myself if I am going approach the thief. I headed into the lobby holding a candle holder. I know, candle holder…I can already see the news line already. 'Girl found dead in mansion while approaching thief with candle holder.' I can hear that the footsteps making their way upstairs, so I quickly followed.

I couldn’t see it but I can hear it's footsteps. “Omo I hope someone comes home soon” I prayed, gripping the candle holder tightly as I walked up the stairs. I heard a sound of one of the bedroom doors being opened. *If she/he enters my room and makes a mess, I am going to kill her/him!, I am not going to put things back where they are, it will feel like I am unpacking again, and let me tell you I HATE it.*

I finally approached my bedroom door and I heard a sound coming from behind me. *Omo, it’s in my stepbrothers room?!* I screamed in my head panicking to whether I should enter and fight it or stay here until the thief comes out and give it a hard knock in the head.

I went for the first option.

Grabbing the handle to room I turned until I can push open the door slowly. In the room I can barely see anything, it was so dark. Even if the thief was in the room, there is a high chance I won’t even see it. I reached for the switch in the side of the bedroom, but there were none!. *Ok, no switch, no lights…* I tried to calm down and took a deep breath as I went deeper into the dark room.

In the middle of the room, I think it was the middle, since I took five steps and I shouted “I know your in here!, quit stealing my brothers stuff!” my legs shaking while I gripped the candle holder so close to me that it looked like I was hugging it. “huh? No ones in here?” I whispered.

Then suddenly I heard a another sound from the right of the room. I walked over towards the sound and I gripped my candle holder for the attack. I heard the knob being twisted and the thief was opening it to come back into my stepbrothers room, which also where I was standing. *Ok I am going to seriously hit this cree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter