Meaning behind his actions

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you hear her?” Minho repeated those words again. I tried to remain calm as I tried my hardest to see through this darkness.

“N-no, no, I can’t. Please turn on the lights” I stood still staring into darkness and since hearing no response from him the next few seconds. I tried to search where the switch was. “I told you I don’t like the lights on” I heard him spoke sounding a bit furious and the next thing I knew my back was pushed against the cold wall. I felt Minho’s hands on my shoulders keeping me still.

“Oppa” was all I could voice out as fear took over.

I knew Minho was facing me closely because I felt his breath on my face, and this was when my mind reminded me that Minho wasn’t himself. He was still under the influence of alcohol.

Now I was scared and terrified knowing that this was probably not the Minho I knew.

“Why can’t you hear her” his alcoholic breath was making it hard for me to breath so I turned my head to the side. “I-I don’t know…because there isn’t anyone here” I replied in panic and tried to think what he was talking about.

“I hear her…why am I the only one who hears her?”

“Hara…help me” Minho’s forehead rested on my left shoulder. My heart sank at Minho’s plea. Is he suffering from that voice he hears? “I want her to stop, please make her stop” Minho pleaded again.

“Oppa, what is she saying?” I now knew that Minho was hearing voices of Yu Ree since I now remembered what my mother had told me about his condition. My eyes started to get teary knowing Minho really hasn’t fully recovered. He is still suffering and worse, I couldn’t do anything to help him because it’s all in his head. *Mianhae oppa.*

“S-she says…she says no one will ever love me…” Minho responded as he lifted his head off of my shoulder. “She’s right, isn’t it? That’s why we broke up” he slowly spoke and I could feel his face in front of mine. I stood still and thought about what kind of sick person Yu Ree was, her making people think this low of themselves. I mean if Gi Kwang believes whatever word she says then I’m sure Minho would’ve too since Yu Ree and him practically see each other everyday because they lived together.

“You don’t have to listen to her. She’s wrong, because there are many people who love you” I answered truthfully. If Minho hadn’t noticed, there was Dae Jung, my mother and I.

There was no response from Minho but I felt his right hand brush against my left hand and the next second our hands touched. Entwined to be more specific.

My eyes widened as my left hand was now being pressed against the wall by his. I was about to speak but he cut me to it, “Do you love me?”

I was in total surprise by his words. I felt his forehead lean against mine and his breath touching my lips with each word he whispered out.

I tried to move my head away him his and maybe get some fresh air since all I could smell was now alcohol. But like my left hand, I was stuck with my head to the wall.

I thought that his question was a bit odd so I answered hoping that he wouldn’t get the wrong idea.

“Of course.” I responded, feeling his grip tightened on my hand. “Just as a brother, right?” I felt relieved hearing him say that *Thank god, he didn’t get the wrong idea.*

“Ne” I answered and felt a lot more relieved because I felt him moved back a bit and his hand left mine.

“It’s because of him, right? That boy” Minho asked and by his tone of voice I could tell he was mad. “W-what?” I responded feeling completely lost in his change of subject. “I told you to stay away from him!” I jumped in fright from his sudden rage.

“I-I, w-what-. Is this about Gi K-kwang?” I stuttered in confusion feeling my heart pound in my chest. In my mind something told me to stay away from this furious Minho till he gets his right mind back.

“The one who came, the one who stayed for dinner, the one who I told you to stay away from!” Minho stated and slammed his fist into the wall above my head. I shrieked with my eyes shut at the sudden action. *He has totally lost his right mind. Get out* a voice echoed through my head. I didn’t answer or dared to even look at Minho as I quickly made my way towards the door.

“No. What are you doing?!” I cried from his hands gripping onto my arms, pulling me back. “Why are you not listening to me?!” Minho roared in anger shoving me onto his bed with full force.

My body was frozen and my mind was blank for a moment at what had just happened. I tried getting up but he pushed me back dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter