The Tragic Past of Jongin and Jihye

The Sign

"I knew it! I knew it!!!" Jongin came hugging Jihye from her back as he lifted her above the ground making her scream to death. When she face him, she was puzzled by how big smile he is wearing right now. Jihye pursed her lips and stumble her feet knowing what Jongin will ask next. But this guy really is desperate to know, what's going on between her and his best bud, Sehun.

"Tell me what happened? Are you two already in a realationship?" he ask with wide eyes. Myungsoo passed by them and smack Jongin's head making the younger one threw glare at him. Myungsoo cross his arms and tilted his head.

"You still don't understand aren't you? Jihye don't like Sehun, I think she's interested with Junmye...." Jihye's eyes widened and immediately covered Myungsoo's mouth before he can spill some things that will surely make Jongin mad as hell.

"What?" Jongin raise a brow and exchange looks from Myungsoo to Jihye. Jihye smiled awkwardly to her brother. And threw baddass look at Myungsoo who's very confuse on what's happening, when Jongin shrugged it off and left for their grandma, Jihye releases Myungsoo from her grip.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" Myungsoo shouted. Jihye eyed him and motion him to talk in private. They both went to their terrace upstairs and Jihye made sure she locked the door behind them. She then face Myungsoo who's clenching a brow to her.

"You know?!" she asked shoutingly, Myungsoo covered his ears. But his younger cousin slap his chest hard.

"Ow, YES! I know!" he replied and made a face. Jihye grew worried, is she that obvious? How did Myungsoo knew about her feelings to Junmyeon?!

"How?!' she almost whispered in shout. Myungsoo smirk and sat at the edge of the terrace.

"Because you always stuttered while talking to him? And there's this unexplainable sparks form into your eye whenever you see him? And you always ditch class when we were in our elementary years just to pass by their room just to see him? And you once muttered his name while you were asleep when we were in the tent with Jongin. And lastly, you always become rotten whenever he's near. Now, isn't it enough for me to tell you that you like him, or worse, you Love him?" he explained. Jihye pouted and nodded. Myungsoo knew her too well. Maybe he knows her more that Jongin does. She's closer to Myungsoo after all.

"Oh my God! I don't even think I might be too obvious. Oppa am I ?? Am I too obvious? What if he noticed it already?" she panicked. Myungsoo chuckled and ruffled Jihye's hair making the younger girl whine.

"Oppa, how many times I'm going to tell you not to touch my hair, you have no idea how many times I fix this hair of mine just to look presentable..."

"In front of Junmyeon hyung?" Myungsoo didn't even finished Jihye's sentence. Jihye on the other hand blushed and hide her face by the use of her small hands.

"Oppa, pls. don't tell anyone, especially Jongin oppa. I don't want him to find out." she pleaded. Myungsoo smiled to her and tap her shoulder and nodded.

"Of course I won't if.." Jihye knew it, Myungsoo will have some favor to ask her in exchange of his silence.

"If?!" she angrily asked. Myungsoo did that to her a lot of times, asking her on favor in exchange of keeping silent on her secret Jihye don't know how the hell  he finds out. Once,when they were still young, Myungsoo asked her to come to the haunted house near their grandparents mansion at Gyeongbuk-do in exchange of not telling their grandparents about the glass she broke earlier that time. Jihye, despite of crying too much because of fear, still went to the haunted house by herself and it scared the hell out of her. Nothing happened inside. Just her little and wild imaginations crossing on her mind about the unidentified monster in that house. She successfully went out the house and that left Myungsoo in daze,but minutes later, Jihye got sick with an unknown reason and that left Myungsoo guilty.

"You will date one of my classmate who really likes you.Okay?" he wink. Jihye felt annoyed. Is he selling her like what Jongin does to her to Sehun?

"No!" she shouted. Myungsoo scoffed and smiled sweetly.

"Then I guess, Junmyeon hyung and Jongin's friendship will end up anytime soon." he said with a teasing tone. Jihye ended up giving up. She frown and throw a piece of leaf to Myungsoo's face.

"Curse you!" she scoffed and walk away, stomping her feet down the hall.

 

 

Jihye opened and the door while rubbing her eyes, she don't give a damn who the hell is ringing the bell early in the morning, and since her grandparents is out of town, there's no one who will pick it up since Jongin and Myungsoo sleeps like dead persons. She didn't even dare to comb her hair and she opened the door harshly.

"What?!" she scoffed only to find Kim Junmyeon standing at the frame of the door while smiling sweetly. Jihye's eyes widened than normal and she almost pushed the door locked but Junmyeon tilted his head making Jihye wants to bang her head in his cuteness.

"Good Morning Jihye. I believe your brother is upstairs?" he politely asked. Jihye just stuck in where she's standing until Suho wave his hand in front of Jihye's shock face.

"Jihye, Earth to Jihye." he chuckled. Jihye get back to her senses and nodded.

"Uh, ow. Sorry oppa, uhm.. yeah, my brother is still sleeping. Do you want me to wake him up?" she offered and was about to walk away when Junmyeon grab her wrist.

"No,No,No, uhm? Jihye can you just give this to your brother? Tell him I don't need that." he said and handed her a blue bag. Jihye just nodded.

"Tell your brother, thanks for his help but I'm not that kind of guy." he said and wave and he stared to drive away. Jihye on the other hand grew curious on why Junmyeon said that, so she opened the bag.

The hairs on her body stand up and her eyes almost popped out. She saw a lot of movies, magazines and a pack of condoms. She clenched her fist and walk up to Jongin's room. When she opened it she immediately threw the bag on his head making him growl and wake up.

"What the is your problem?!" Jongin threw a pillow on her head but she immediately catch it.

"You ing man ! And you're planning on influencing Junmyeon oppa with this !" she shouted. Jongin raise a brow.

"Don't you dare call me a ing man and why do you care if I gave Junmyeon this huh?! He's old enough to have this s!" Jongin smack the mattress due to his anger.

"How dare you?! That man is not a like you! And don't you dare shout at me!!" she firmly said, making Jongin's eyes travel to her face. His eyes were burning.

"Get out of here!!" he ordered, Jihye look at Jongin's face first before leaving. She even slammed the door behind her. After that she sighed heavily and stomped her feet out of the house.

 

 

"Jihye ah?" Jiyeon came running towards her bestfriend who's staring at nowhere while sitting at the swing.

"Jiyeonie." she muttered and smile at the beautiful girl standing beside her.

"Jihye, why do you want to see me at this early morning,and hey!! It's Sunday? Don't you go to Church during Sundays?" Jiyeon asked with wide eyes.

"I will go there later. But Jiyeonie, I don't want to see that face of my man brother anymore." she pouted. Jiyeon asked why.

"He sent some to Suho oppa. He's disgusting,and I think Junmyeon oppa is a little mad at him." she explained without breathing. Jiyeon knew Jihye's admiration towards Junmyeon.

"Ow, that Jongin oppa is so mean. Just because Junmyeon oppa is an innocent and gentleman man, doesn't mean he have to influence him with his ertness." Jiyeon sighed.

"You're right Jiyeonie. He's such a baddass to do that to my Junmyeon oppa." she rested her face on her palms.

"Jiyeonie, I actually called him 'man '. Everybody knows he never wants to be called by that. What should I do? I am so scared that he might ended up fighting with me again." Jihye rub her arms in coldness.

"Jihye that's your brother, you're his sister and everybody knows he's such a ." she whispered the last word. Jihye smiled and throw her arms around Jiyeon.

"Is he really the brother I knew 10 years ago?" she muttered and close her eyes. Jongin, her ex favorite person in the world. After their parents died, Jongin stand as her saviour, protector. He don't care if he died saving Jihye, all does he know is he can manage to die, but not his sister, who happens to be, by that time, the most important person in his life.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

"Umma wants some coffee?" Jihye offered her mom a cup of coffee. The beautiful lady who exactly looks like her smiled and patted her head.

"Oppa, give Appa his coffee." the little Jihye shouted. They were seating at the living room and playing with each other. Jihye keeps on punching her brother's arms but the little boy didn't gave her an aweful look.

"I'm strong Jihye. You can't beat me." he stuck his tongue out. Until Jihye got tired and was on the verge of crying.

"Umma Appa!! Oppa is teasing me again!" she shouted. A young looking man who exactly looks like Jongin came and carry Jihye to his arms.

"Jongin, how many times I'm going to tell you not to tease your sister anymore?" he gave the boy a very baddass look. The little boy lowered his head.

"But Appa, I'm not teasing her, it just happened that I'm strong and she punch like a baby." he stuck his tounge out again. Their father knelt in front of Jongin and sat Jihye at the couch. He's facing them seriously.

"No matter waht happens, you two will be together forever. Jongin, Jihye is your baby sister, you have to protect her to anyone. Jihye, Jongin is your older brother, you have to follow what he says." he said and smiled.

"Now, say 'sorry' to each other." he held both Jihye and Jongin's hands and intetwined it with one another, Jongin didn't look at Jihye.

"Jongin??" his father has a threat on his voice. Jongin look at Jihye and all his jealousy feels went away like someone had just wipe it. He smiled and hug Jihye.

"I'm sorry. I love you Jihye." he kiss her cheeks. Their father just watch them and his heart were celebrating on the view.

 

The two were now in their room and they can still hear their parents talking. The light at the living room is still on, but it's already 2am. Jongin sat up and grab his toy and started playing. Jihye just talk to her favorite doll. After some minutes, they saw the lights went off. And that signalled them to go back to sleep. But both of them was shocked when they heard a gun fired just meters away from them. Jihye look at Jongin in horror.

"Oppa?" she shivered. Jongin came towards the door and motion Jihye to just wait. Just then, a fired gun was heard again, it was 5 times. Jongin peek a little at the door and his eyes widened. His Umma and Appa lying on the floor with a blood on their heads. He run towards Jihye and they went under their closet to hide.

"Oppa? What are we doing here?" Jihye asked. Jongin just pointed his index finger to her lips. She was shaking to death.

"Don't speak." he whispered. They heard a footsteps in their own room. And Jongin hug Jihye very tightly. He covered her ears and he can't also help but to shiver. The footsteps came closer and closer and that's when someone opened the closet.

Thank God they're hiding under the closet and the stranger didn't saw them. It just went away until a tear escape into Jongin's eye.

 

"Oppa? Where's Umma and Appa?" Jihye asked her brother who's holding her hands tightly. Jongin shook his head and remembered that outside their room is their parent's dead bodies. They are now both sitting at their bed and Jihye is sobbing uncontrollably. It was already morning and Jongin, a 6 year old boy still ahve no idea what to do.

"Oppa, let's tell that to Umma and Appa." she insisted. The little boy shook his head.

"Jihye, I'll call Halmeoni and Harabeoji. Just stay here okay?" he said and made sure that the door outside their room locked for Jihye not to see this very tragic scene. He pass by his parents dead body and reach for the telephone.

 

"Halmeoni, it's me, Jongin." he sob. He stare at his Umma and Appa's bodies.

"What is it Jongin?" he heard on the other line.

"Pls. halmeoni and harabeoji needs to go here now." he hung up and cried down to his knees. He even hug his parents cold body.

 

That time, after their parents gone, Jongin promised himself that he will be the guardian angel of Jihye. And he will do anything for Jihye to be happy.

 

 

 

A tear escape into his eyes and he buried his face in his pillow. It was really tragic. Jihye doesn't deserve that to happen. She's too young, too kind and too innocent. He clutch his chest and look for Jihye.

"Myungsoo? Where's Jihye?" he asked lazily. Myungsoo shook his head and continue to munch into his cereal.

"I'm going out." he said and walk away. His eyes is still a little red due to the tears. He went out not knowing where to go. Until his eyes caught one particular figure. he ran towards it and hug her.

"Oppa?!" Jihye irritably said. Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

"What are you doing?!" she scoffed. Jongin hug her more tightly.

"No, No No, I'm sorry I shouted at you earlier. I'm really sorry. Pls. forgive me." he muttered. Jihye noticed Jongin's eyes is a little redish. She clasped his face and observe his eyes.

"What happened to your eyes?" she asked. Jongin shook his head and smiled.

"I'm sorry Jihye." he muttered. There were some girls from theri school who look at them and awed.

"Sweet!" they said.

"I wish I'm Jongin oppa's sister too." one annoying queenka voice said. Jiyeon gave them a 'get lost' look and they run away.

"Okay, Okay. But promise me you will never gave Junmyeon oppa a videos again." she warned and stand tall, thinking like she's taller than Jongin, but the fact is, she just stand as Jongin's neck.

"I promise." he said and smiled. He shifted his eyes to Jiyeon who's looking at them boringly.

"Guess I'm outta here you guys." she said and walk away.