Learning curve

The Tail of Jolyu

Kwangmin ran to the back door of their house. "Umma's in the kitchen cooking! I think it's safe," he said, out of breath. 

Youngmin nodded, stepping onto the porch quietly. It's not like Jolyu was heavy, but it certainly wasn't easy to carry anyone a couple blocks. He shifted her carefully in his arms. She let a soft squeak emerge from her lips.

Kwangmin held the door open. He looked around worriedly. What would people think if they saw the twins sneaking a girl into their house? Especially since she was only wearing his jacket!

The twins made it up to their room safely and soundlessly. Youngmin set Jolyu down on the bottom bunk of the twin's bunk bed with care. She sat up straight and picked up her right leg. Yawning, she set it down farther from her left leg. She did the same with her left, so her legs were wide open.

The twin's eyes widened. 

"NO! Jolyu! Bad, bad girl!" Youngmin shouted. Jolyu looked up at him, her eyes wide with confusion and fear.

"Aish, she's not a dog, treat her better than this!" Kwangmin yelled at his brother. The twins turned around they couldn't see Jolyu's position.  

Youngmin bopped his twin on the back of his head. "Well she obviously doesn't understand Korean, so I'm trying to make it clear for her! She can't just spread her legs like that without anything on underneath that jacket of yours!"

"Do you think she knows what she's doing?" Kwangmin asked, glancing back at her. He recieved another bop to the head. 

"I doubt it. She probably has some kind of sickness," Youngmin said back. He fought the urge to look at Jolyu himself. " I really think we need to get her some... some uh...," he trailed off as his eyes traveled over Jolyu. Although he couldn't see up her the length of her jacket, her slender, dangerously pale legs were enough to send sparks of interest through his veins. 

"...clothes?" Kwangmin finished, slapping his brother's head in revenge. "Yeah, I think that's gonna be necessary."

------------------------------

Jolyu sat in the same spot on the bed. A beige, crocheted blanket had been carefully placed over her legs. Her eyes were glued to the TV that Youngmin had for her. 

"Who lives in a Pineapple under the sea??" A pirate asked on the TV.

Jolyu's lips mouthed the words as he said them. She quickly responded "Spongebob Squarepants!"

Youngmin rubbed his head, staring at her. How does she learn so quickly? She had spent the last twenty minutes flipping through the channels, soaking in every word like a sponge. Jolyu continued to mouth the words on the TV while they were being said and repeating them afterwards.

Kwangmin burst through the door, dragging an excited looking boy along with him. Jolyu looked up at the new boy. Their eyes met, both growing wide, in sync with their smiles.

"Yah, Youngmin! Minwoo's here! He brought some of his sister's clot-" Kwangmin was cut off as Minwoo dropped the bag into his hands and ran across the room to Jolyu. 

He jumped on the bed next to her, wrapping her in a huge bear hug. "Aigoo! She's so cute!" he giggled. 

Excited at the new attention, Jolyu wrapped her own arms around Minwoo, nuzzling her head in the concave of his neck.

The twin's jaws dropped. Where did that come from?? Youngmin thought.

Similar thoughts were rushing through Kwangmin. Aish, what are you jealous? You just met her! Chill out, remember she's has a sickness. Right...?

Minwoo leaned against the wall, Jolyu resting excitedly in his arms. "Ahh I love this girl! No fair that you hyungs got to her first. I'd treat her so much better!" he scolded them. 

"I am Jolyu!" she said quickly. "Who lives in a pinapple under the sea?" she asked, pointing to Minwoo.

"Jolyu. So cute!" Minwoo squeezed Jolyu tightly. 

The twins exchanged glances. He better not keep this up... Kwangmin thought. Quickly, they both sat on the bed on either sides of Minwoo and Jolyu.

Jolyu pouted her lips, poking Minwoo's cheek. "Ah, my name!" Minwoo said, chuckling. That must be what she meant. He held his index finger to his chest. "I am Minwoo."

"Minwoo!" she squeaked excitedly. Jolyu nuzzled her nose into his chest. 

Minwoo laughed and turned to Youngmin. "Can I have her? I'm going to keep her, okay?"

"NO," he snapped. His tone shocked everyone, even himself. Jolyu whimpered. Youngmin's cheeks flushed. "I-I mean no... you... you can't," he began, searching for a mood lightener.

"Yeah, finders keepers!" Kwangmin said quickly. He nodded at Youngmin who quietly exhaled.

Minwoo pouted. He ran his fingers through the waves in Jolyu's hair. "Aww, well I'll have to visit her often then. You better let me!" he said, glaring at each of the twins.

Kwangmin sighed, making eye contact with Youngmin. They shrugged at each other.

"Sure...," Youngmin muttered.

Kwangmin dumped out the contents of the paper bag. Minwoo was busy trying to get Jolyu to speak more. The difficulty in her speech intrigued him.

Kwangmin's eyes widened as he picked up a lacy lavender bra and matching . He quickly dropped it, stuffing it beneath the pile of clothes. Minwoo giggled at this. 

"Jolyu," Kwangmin began. She looked away from Minwoo rather reluctantly. Kwangmin pushed the pile of clothing towards Jolyu, avoiding her gaze. He wasn't sure what to think of her now. Kwangmin didn't like how close she had gotten to Minwoo within the five minutes of him being here.

Youngmin rolled his eyes. "Do you expect her to know how to put them on with her sickness?"

"Sickness?" Minwoo asked, his smile fading. He looked down at the pale girl in his arms. Poor thing... he thought. No wonder she accepted my skinship so readily.

Youngmin shrugged, shifting through the pile of clothes. "When we found her, she couldn't speak or walk. And look at her," he mumbled, selecting a pair of grey shorts and setting them aside. "She's so pale."

Kwangmin nodded. "And confused." He pulled a baggy, light blue shirt from the pile and layed them across the shorts. He shifted himself nervously on the bed. "Well... we can't... put her clothes on for her."

Minwoo and Youngmin grinned. Kwangmin sighed, exasperated. "She's a girl! Respect her!" he scolded. Kwangmin took each garment and held them up to his body, mocking how they should be worn for Jolyu's benefit. He recieved snickers from the males when he shly held up the bra and .

Jolyu nodded and jumped out of Minwoo's arms. Grabbing the clothing, she slid her feet to the floor. Her body crumpled immedately, sending her to the floor with a thud. The twins both jumped off the bed faster than Minwoo could even process what had happened. They grabbed each of her arms and began to hoist her up. Jolyu frowned, squirming her body. 

"No!" she said firmly.

The twins glaced at each other worriedly. They both knew she couldn't walk. Jolyu hissed at them. 

"Okay, okay!" Youngmin said quickly, setting her down. Kwangmin reluctantly followed suit.

Please don't push yourself too hard, Jolyu... Kwangmin thought, biting his lower lip nervously. Minwoo stood next to them, his eyes running over her body worriedly. Wrinkling her forehead in determination, Jolyu grasped the corner of the bed. Her right leg twitched as she set her foot on the ground. Hoisting herself up on both feet, Jolyu's knees began to wobble. Her arms flailed, grapsing the closest thing to her. Kwangmin's shoulder. 

His cheeks reddened profusely as his arm slipped around her waist. He looked at her with wide eyes, trying to look for a sign that she disliked his touch. Jolyu smiled up at him and nodded, as if she understood his internal dilemma. 

"Here, let me-" Youngmin began, his arm reaching out to Jolyu's. 

"No," Kwangmin stated simply. He took a small step, watching intently as Jolyu did the same. The carpeted floor felt soft to her toes. A smile forming on her face, Jolyu took another step, Kwangmin supporting her all the way to the door. He looked back at Youngmin, grinning triumphantly. "I got this."

------------------------------

A/N:

wow, this chapter was much longer than the last one o.o 

please promote my story, comment, and subscribe! i love you all, but i would like some motivation when writing T^T