May I

The Tail of Jolyu

Jolyu sighed deeply, her face flushed bright pink as she sank into the water. She blew air bubbles to the surface.

Kwangmin turned his head to glare at his twin. Damn you... "Yes, she's a mermaid."

The corner of Youngmin's upper lip twitched. "But...,"

The water's warm silence filled Jolyu's ears. She didn't want to hear more judgment, more questions. Jolyu wasn't even sure what she wanted. Her thoughts were flooded with... Kwangmin? What is this feeling? Why?

A few minutes passed. Jolyu looked up to see the twins talking calmly.

Youngmin's arms threaded under Jolyu's, pulling her to the surface. "Jolyu... you're beautiful," he said gently. "And so is your tail. I just wish you would've told us sooner."

Jolyu didn't know what to say. I'm beautiful?

~~~~~~~~~~

Jolyu swam freely through the salty water. Youngmin on her right side and Kwangmin following closely behind. She giggled, sending air bubbles dancing towards the surface. The twins had snuck her out of the house to the beach so she could stretch her fins properly. It was already sunset and the golden rays dripped across the water.

Her tail flicked, propelling her through the water. She grinned and sped up, shooting out farther into the ocean.

Youngmin came up for air. "Hey!" he said, laughing.

Jolyu was pulling herself up a large rock, laughing joyfully with the twins. Kwangmin swam past Youngmin, and the two raced each other to the rock.

Jolyu was buisily draping her tail over the rocks in the sunlight. She began to grunt and gripped the rock tightly as her scales penetrated into her skin.

Youngmin pulled himself on the rock, quickly scooting next to her. Her scales grew into her skin slowly. Jolyu grabbed Youngmin's hand and gripped it tightly as her fin separated into legs.

Youngmin felt so helpless next to her. He wanted to take her pain away, all of it. Her body squirmed next to him as he watched helplessly. Kwangmin sat on the other side of Jolyu. He sighed. Youngmin gently tilted his brother's head away from Jolyu and averted his own eyes. 

A few minutes later, she sat cross legged. The oversized shirt she wore covered her lap. Jolyu gazed into the sunset as the stars began to peek through the pink and orange horizon. She sighed, letting her eyes shut as the breeze filled her hair. The twins were lying on the rock. She looked back. Youngmin was asleep. His chest rising and falling as he slept soundlessly. 

Kwangmin's eyes watched Jolyu. Their gaze met. 

She smiled. "What were you going to ask me earlier? In the bathtub?" Jolyu chuckled.

Kwangmin smiled, crawling over to Jolyu. He sat behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Kwangmin's chin rested on Jolyu's shoulder as he whispered, "May I kiss you?"

"Kiss?" Jolyu asked, blinking. She knew an extensive amount of vocabulary, but this word didn't sound familiar. "What  is it?"

Chuckling, Kwangmin's eyes warmed as he smiled at her. "This..." He tilted his head and gently pressed his lips against Jolyu's.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in awhile! Keke please continue to comment and show your lovely support <3 

omo, they kissed! hehe and i stopped in the middle of it. does that make me mean? :D