Just Add Water

The Tail of Jolyu

The Sunday morning sunlight warmed Kwangmin's face. He slowly blinked his eyes open, smiling into the light of day. 

He blushed, suddenly remembering that he had shared his bed with Jolyu that night. Kwangmin turned his head to his left, expecting to see her body lying there asleep. Instead, she was sitting in Youngmin's lap, watching TV. Youngmin was leaned against Kwangmin's bunk, his arms wrapped around Jolyu's waist. 

Kwangmin sat up, pained. She had slept with him, but she still seemed to favor his brother. Does she even know she's leading us all on like this?

Jolyu's head was nuzzled against Youngmin's chest. She purred contentedly as he ran his fingers through her hair. Spongebob played, but it had been set on mute. 

No one had noticed Kwangmin sitting up in bed, watching the two. His fingers twisted the bed sheets in confusion, annoyance, and pain. He felt an urge to rip the sheets apart. 

There's no sense in this, Kwangmin, he told himself. He sighed, pulling his hands away from the sheets.

He still had not been noticed.

Youngmin kissed the top of Jolyu's head and whispered, "Would you like to wash up now?"

Jolyu nodded excitedly as she rolled herself from Youngmin's lap. "Neh! It's bathtime for Jolyu!"

"Here's the bag of clothing Minwoo brought," Youngmin said as he handed her the bag. He stood, his hand on Jolyu's back as he walked her to the bathroom down the hall.

Kwangmin shifted his eyes to his hands. He numbly rubbed his thumbs together. He could hear Youngmin explaining how the bathtub worked to Jolyu. Again, he felt shadowed under his brother's charm.

Youngmin came back in the room, finally noticing Kwangmin. "Ah, Kwangmin," he said smiling. "Good morning. Sleep well?"

Kwangmin nodded skeptically. His own brother was trying to charm him. Is he trying to make it up to me for always getting what I want? "Why are you up so early?"

Youngmin looked nervous for a second. "I heard Jolyu get up. I thought she was just going to the bathroom but when she didn't come back after a several minutes, I went to go look for her," he said, shifting his weight nervously. "I found her downstairs."

"What?! Pabo yah, what if umma saw her?!" Kwangmin shouted, standing up. His white sheets fell to the bed, spilling off onto the floor.

Youngmin stepped up to his brother, his face inches from Kwangmin's. "You know she goes to the market every Sunday morning. She's OUT," he said, his voice firm.

The twins stared at one another, jealousy and hatred threatening to penetrate their hearts. Their thoughts were interrupted by grunts coming from the bathroom.

Kwangmin was the first to the door. "Jolyu?" he called, worry hanging in his voice. Youngmin was right at his heels.

"N-neh?" Jolyu groaned from inside the door. 

"What's wrong?!" Youngmin yelled, banging on the door.

"Are you hurt?!" Kwangmin grabbed the door knob, preparing to turn it. Youngmin's hand clasped over his as he shook his head.

Jolyu cleared . "Nothing's wrong, I'm okay!"

The twins were silent as they listened. They knew she was lying. Her breath became labored as she held in her moans.

Suddenly, Youngmin whispered,"K-Kwangmin... maybe... maybe she's pooping?"

Kwangmin glared at his brother, slapping him on the head. "Yah, don't think like that!"

The two pressed their ears against the door. The had stopped.

"YOUNGMIN. KWANGMIN." 

The twins' eyes widened as they looked at each other. Panic had stricken both of their faces.

"Umma!" they screeched simultaneously.

Thunderous footsteps could be heard as their chubby mother climbed the staircase. They could tell in each step that their lives might end shortly.

Youngmin took his hand off Kwangmin's. "Yah, get in there! You can tell umma through the door that you're taking a bath so she won't come in," he instructed frantically. Walking towards the staircase, he waved his hands at his brother, whispering loudly, "Bali bali! I'll stall her!"

Kwangmin's heart began to race as he turned the bathroom nob, dashing in quickly and shutting the door. 

"Kwangmin!" Jolyu shrieked, splashing water about madly.

He hadn't turned around. He stood facing the door, breathing deeply. Every nerve in his body ached to turn around. Kwangmin leaned his forhead against the door as she shut his eyes tightly. Jolyu continued to breathe harshly as water slapped around.

Umma will hear her! Kwangmin screamed in his head. Without thinking, he turned around to stop her.

He froze, unable to move.

Kwangmin's eyes widened.

Jolyu's arms were wrapped around her chest as she covered herself. But that wasn't what had paralyzed Kwangmin. 

From her waist sprung a magnificent tail, her black and silver scales shimmering in the sunlight that soaked in from the window pane. Her iridescent fins shined of blue and orange. Jolyu's eyes began to tear up as she clutched herself.

Kwanmin dropped to his knees, water soaking into his pajama pants. He was unable to stand the sight that lay before him. "Y-You're a....a... fish?!"

-----------------------------

A/N: I want this bathtub >:D 

also if the color of her tail is confusing, google a Marlin fish. Thats the color scheme~ ugh also i have a feeling my chapters are getting worse -__-