Chapter 2

It's complicated

After you arrived at the assembly hall, you were told to sit according to your class, so you did.  Your school principal gave a short speech afterwards and then the teachers started to split all of the freshmans into a couple of batches for the school tour, so that the students will know the school better. Just your luck, you got Jin in your tour batch. You were looking at him but you don’t think he notices you so you started to walk with the crowd, greeting the people you know there. “Hi Gina, guess we’re together again huh?” you heard a familiar voice talking to you, only to see Jin towering right behind you. Since you have a petite figure, Jin looked really tall next to you and you find that uttterly attractive.  “Um..hi haha didn’t see you there” you said smiling. Since the tour kept on moving, you didn’t have time to talk to Jin. You were concentrating on remembering all of the rooms that the teacher guided you too because you don’t want to get lost again like this morning. Jin looked at your concentrated face and smiled. He actually likes you but since you only know him for a couple of hours now, he doesn’t trust you with his feelings. “Maybe she doesn’t like shy boys like me, who knows? If I say something I might end up getting hurt” he thought to himself.

Finally, after half an hour you finally finished the school tour. The tour was exhausting for you so you decided buy a bottle of water and chugged half of it in seconds. “Thirsty much? I was kinda looking for you haha. How’s Jin?” said Kyungjae while approaching you. “Yeah, the tour was way too long. Jin? What about him?” you said wiping your mouth with the back of your hand. “You seem...really close to him” she said looking at you teasingly. “I just....he’s shy okay? I’m trying to help him….socialize” you said shrugging. “Kidding gurl, oh meet Yerin, she’s in our class” she said introducing you to a girl standing behind her. “Hi, I’m Yerin. Nice to meet you. You’re Gina, right?” Yerin said to you while holding her hand out. “How’d you know? haha. Nice to meet you too, Yerin” you said taking her and shaking it. You were kind of intimidated by the way she looks, she was so pretty. Yerin has her hair up in a ponytail and she was taller than you, the kind of girl that guys fall for in TV shows, the girl you’ll never be you thought.

The three of you sat together, facing the outdoor basket ball court. You guys were talking about how cool the senior boys look shooting hoops, they realize you guys were staring and they gave you guys a wave. Kyungjae and Yerin started to squeal and they started spazzing, you we’re laughing at their reaction. “Tell me you’re interested in guys Gin” Kyungjae said to you, nudging your shoulder. “I am. Just not those guys, they seem like heartbreakers, not to mention a total flirt” you said nudging her back. “Suit yourself, I am getting myself a hot senior” Yerin and Kyungjae said to you, twirling their hair. “Good luck you guys” you said laughing again.

The senior boys stopped giving the three of you googly eyes when they saw Jin, sitting while drinking a bottle of water alone. Suddenly, they began approaching him. You can’t hear what they’re talking about. But you know your school was an anti-bullying school so no way they’re going to bully Jin, they’ll get expelled if they did. You saw Jin standing up, approaching the basket ball court with them. They started to split up into two teams, you saw them play, actually so saw Jin play. You we’re in awe, a cute shy guy that can play basketball like that? Damn that’s hot. “Hey, somebody is checking up the shy boy. I take that back, you like guys” Kyungjae said to you while looking at the seniors running here and there.

The game ended in, 3-4. You were surprised that Jin team won, with him shooting all 4. Damn he’s good alright. You approached Jin pushing him on the shoulders “Omg, you were so cool, didn’t know you could play that good”. “You saw that? haha. Yeah, I kinda played some hoops with my brother when I was in middle school. Nothing serious though. Thanks by the way” Jin said wiping a sweat of his chin. “We should shoot some hoops sometimes” you said to him smiling. “Like a date?” he said teasingly. “Yeah you can call it that if you want. Wow, a shy guy who can tease. Cool” you folded your hands in front chest. “Um…s-sure, when?” he said while . “Saturday, 5pm. In the basketball court two blocks from here” you said to him. “C-can I have your number?” He said, giving you his phone. You took his phone and saved your number “Lemme tell you this, you surely can flirt. Shy but flirty, cute. Anyways, see you in class” you walk away from him leaving him with his jaw open. You smiled as you walk away, your heart beating faster than ever.