Chapter 1

It's complicated

It was your first day at your new school, which means now you’re finally a freshman. You’re kind of scared because none of your friends from your old school goes here with you, you’re worried that the kids here would be mean to you since you’re new. You looked around your new school thinking “Damn, this school sure is big”. You went from class to class looking at the paper in front of every class for your name until you finally got your class. “10-5 it is” you whispered to yourself as you entered the classroom. You find a table and sat right away. You opened your backpack, searching for your ipod, but then you realized you weren’t alone.

You saw a guy sitting right next to you. He was  by far the most handsome guy you have ever seen, but he was so quiet, you didn’t even realize he was there. “Hi! I’m Gina. What’s your name?” you said to him. He gave a shocked look on his face“Hi, I’m Jin. Nice meeting you”. Wow, he really is shy. “Nice to meet you too. Um...this is weird but you’re actually my first friend in this school” you said to him, tying to keep the conversation going. “Same here” he said while opening his backpack, hiding his blushing cheeks. “Really? Why? I mean you’re kinda cute, you can just go up to people and ask their names” you said as you feel your cheeks burning, you were always a straight forward person but you never blushed before. “The thing is I’m shy...I don’t really know to actually talk to someone without being awkward, but hey thanks for calling me cute...thats the first” he said as he rubs his hand on his neck. “Yeah, you’re welcome” as you gave a warm smile to him.

As your conversation died with Jin, your other classmates started to enter the room. So you started socializing, because of your bubbly personality, sure enough, you befriended most of your classmates right away. As you talk with your new friends, you have this urge to keep looking at Jin...wondering what would it feel like to run your hand through his hair, you shrugged the thought off. “I barely even know the guy, why am I like this?”

The school bell rang giving you and your new friends sign to go back to your respected seats. A teacher came into the class shortly after the bell stopped ringing. He told the class to go to the assembly hall for the school orientation and then he ushered us out.

You were walking next to your new friend, Kyungjae, when you saw Jin walking by himself. Even though he’s shy, he has something that attracts you somehow.

You told Kyungjae to walk ahead, she nodded and went with another friend. After Kyungjae left, you approach Jin and walk next to him. “Loner huh?” you said to him, chuckling. “Kinda haha I haven’t made a lot of friends after you...I’ve seen you’ve made a lot, why did you choose to be with me than that girl you were talking to?” he gave you a quizzical look. “I don’t have any topic to talk about with them. I guess I’m not exactly a normal kind of girl” you said to him. “What does that means?” he said, chuckling. “It means I don’t talk about collectible Barbies, I mean what’s up with that right who collects those crap?” you said shrugging. “Wait, what? So you don’t like them? So what do you like?” he said to you. “I’m more of a Hotwheels kinda gal and anyways you look like a very closed person” you said shrugging. “Okay, I promise I’ll try not to do that to you” he said as he hold out his pinky out. “What’s with the pinky?” you said laughing. “It means I won’t break my promise, I’m a man of my words” he said to you smiling. You we’re stunned…but you realize he was waiting for you pinky so you take his pinky “Okay then”.