05 V: Protection

A Series of BTS Events.

05 Protection

Featuring V and Jung Gook and reader.


 

 

“Oh my god, Taehyung! Guess what!” You squealed excitedly as you grabbed onto your best-friend, Taehyung’s arm.

 

He cocked a brow and asked, “What’s up?”

 

“Jung Gook confessed to me! Jong Gook! Jong Gook!” You emphasized Jung Gook’s name as you grinned from ear to ear.

 

“So, did you agree to be his girlfriend?” Taehyung asked, flashing a faint smile.

 

You nodded as you covered your face in happiness.

 

Jung Gook was one of that kingkas in school and was in the same biology and art class as you were. The both of you were seatmates in these two classes as your best-friend, Taehyung was in neither of them. You have had an infatuation with Jung Gook as he was tall, handsome and friendly. His smile never failed to brighten up your day.

 

However, Taehyung was the opposite. He was annoying, silly and sometimes really hyper. He gets on your nerves sometimes, but he was the reason for your laughters. There was a certain charm about him, he was good-looking and smart, but his aura just felt different to you. He was adorable, the way he would react to situations, his facial expressions were adorable.

 

A tinge of red appeared across your cheeks as you thought about yourself as Jung Gook’s girlfriend. All the things the both of you could do together, hold hands, sharing a kiss and all that. Taehyung noticed you blushing and lost in your though, so he nudged you and teased you a little bit.

 

“Ey~ [Y/N]’s thinking about Jung Gook,” He teased as he copied your actions.

 

What you didn’t know was that Taehyung liked you from the very start. It was too late for him to confess now, you were another man’s girlfriend. He had regrets. but he kept it inside. A selfish greed and a clinging obsession. he wanted you. He liked you. He loved you. But now, you’re forbidden.

 

“Hey [Y/N]!” A cheerful voice rang from behind the both of you.

 

You turned to greet the owner of the voice, “Hello Jung Gook~”

 

Taehyung sulked, feeling left out as you and Jung Gook chatted happily. Taehyung watched as jealousy was bubbling in him, he saw how happy you were and his heart ached. If only he took the courage to confess to you like a man. He thought that you would realize his feelings if he protected you, but he was just fooling himself. Even if he was a fool, his heart was still burning with passion. Even if he couldn’t tell you, even if he lost his chance, it didn’t matter anymore.

 

A few weeks past and you’ve noticed a change in both Jung Gook and Taehyung. Jung Gook would never introduce you to his friends or even talk to you in the hallways, he’d always pretend like he didn’t know you. Taehyung had been avoiding you, he wouldn’t talk to you or seat with you at lunch. You felt lonely and was infuriated by their actions.

 

It was a the fourth week that they had been avoiding you. You were still clueless about why they would avoid you. By this point of time, you have gotten a little paranoid. You thought that Jung Gook was not serious out the relationship and that Taehyung had found another friend and forgotten about you. You didn’t have any other friends either, you were all by yourself.

 

You were walking down the crowded hallways alone, people who were rushing to class bumped and brushed past you. Before everything happened, you had Taehyung who protected you and guided you. You felt inferior, you were beginning to wonder what went wrong.

 

“So Jung Gook, did you really like [Y/N]?” A boy around your age asked.

 

“What? Hyung, I was just playing around with her, you know that,” Jung Gook said insensitively as he smirked.

 

“I think you should stop, you might hurt her badly,” Ji Min, the elder said.

 

“It’s not like she’s ever gonna find out, she’s stupid anyway,” He said coldly.

 

You were walking along the hallway to the library when you overheard the conversation.You didn’t mean to eavesdrop but you were surprised to hear what was coming out of Jung Gook’s mouth.

 

‘She’s an idiot anyway, she’s not even that beaut-” Before he could finish his sentence, you pushed open the door and stood there, tears cascading down your face.

 

Jung Gook gave an ‘Oh , I’m screwed’ look as he stuttered and tried to explain. You were immobilized with fear as tears were streaming down your cheeks. Your mind went blank, you didn’t know what to do or expect. You felt so hurt, you felt used and played with.

 

Just then, a furious Taehyung ran into the room and threw a punch at Jung Gook. Jung Gook went flying to the ground, a purplish bruise forming at the corner of his mouth. Taehyung grabbed Jung Gook by his collar and started raining punched at Jung Gook. Jung Gook retaliated, and thanks to his quick reflexes, he was able to pin Taehyung down. And then, Jung Gook attacked Taehyung. The senior, Ji Min, tried to separate the both, but to no avail. The both of them were too into the brawl. You could heard loud manly grunts and the sound of fists coming into contact with skin.

 

“Stop it,” you yelled as you ran over and helped Taehyung to his feet.

 

“Let’s go,’ You slung Taehyung’s arm over your shoulder as you slowly helped him to the infirmary.

 

Taehyung had bruises all over his face. He was bleeding from his nose, he had a bruise at the corner of his mouth. He was clutching onto his abdomen, wincing in pain. You walked a little faster, tears were still running down your rosy cheeks. Taehyung had been protecting you all along, he had.

 

The both of you reached the infirmary in no time, and the school nurse quickly attended to Taehyung’s wounds. As the nurse was tending to Taehyung’s wounds, he asked about what happened. You told him about the fight, and the nurse just sighed and shook his head. The nurse bandaged Taehyung’s bruises and placed a plaster at the corner of his lips, and then left the both of you alone.

 

“What did you do that for? Now, you’re hurt.” You asked as you sat beside Taehyung, tears crystallizing at the corner of your eyes.

 

“When will you realize, silly? I like you, I love you, I want to protect you,” He said as he ran his fingers through your hair and ruffled it.

 

“I’m sorry, Taehyung, I can’t tr-,” He placed his slender finger against your lips before you could finish.

 

“I know, you can’t trust anyone now, you can’t love me. But please, let me protect you. I don’t want to see you get hurt again, my heart aches so much. You think I’m avoiding you, but I’ve always been wuietly protecting and watching out for you in a distance,” He said.

 

“Thank you, Taehyung. Maybe one day I’ll realize your love, maybe one day I’ll love you back, but not now,” You said as you held onto his hand.

 

He flashed a faint smile, and collapsed into bed.


 


Hello, hello, hello! 

I am finally back with a chapter, hehe. I have created another story called A series of BAP events, please look forward to it! I'm sorry the is taking me this long to write, I have no idea what to write. Mianhae!