Facing It

Kiss of Fate

Chapter Four 

*some foul language

 

    "Yah! Byun Baekhyun!"

    The booming voice of a man startled Chanyeol and Sehun and caused them to look in the direction of the clamor. To their surprise, they were greeted with the image of one of their managers.  

    "Hyung?" Chanyeol whispered  as he processed the image of one of his managers walking on the other side of the street, walking towards a figure.

    Chanyeol's eyes widened as the words his hyung yelled made a connection in his mind, Byun Baekhyun.....? ​ He looked over to the man, and felt his heart sank as he realized he was now faced with the man of the hour himself.

    Chanyeol's heart began to beat faster and faster. The image of Baekhyun was like a dream, and realizing it was actually reality caused Chanyeol to become motionless in awe. Baekhyun had a different appeal to Chanyeol this morning, and the sight of him caused Chanyeol's stomach to become tied into knots. A million emotions ran through him, but most of all he felt fear because he wasn't ready to face the other man involved in this scandal. Paralyzed from the sight, he still held onto Sehun, his face flushed with a tint of red. 

    As his eyes met Baekhyun's he was pierced by the look given to him by the older man, it was an empty glare of something leaning towards disgust. There was a small lining of relief and joy in his eyes however, and that caused Chanyeol to want to run over and pull him in for a hug and even maybe spin him around like a human rag doll. But all Chanyeol managed to do was release Sehun from their embrace. 

 


 

 They stood there motionless exchanging gazes, tension thick in the air. As the manager got closer to Baekhyun he noticed the boy had his eyes fixed on something and when the manager looked over to the direction of Baekhyun's gaze his eyes fixated on Chanyeol and Sehun. 

   Feeling an overwhelming sigh of relief the Manager headed towards Chanyeol so quickly it almost looked like he was skipping. "Ah! There you are!" the manager yelped excitedly since Chanyeol was found and no longer M.I.A. 

Although the manager had intervened Baekhyun and Chanyeol's staring contest didn't end yet, and the two men still stood motionless and in shock. That is, until Baekhyun became fed up and stormed away. However, Baekhyun didn't understand why he was walking away when really all he wanted to do was bury his face in Chanyeol's chest and weep about how worried he was for him, and how much he's so glad Chanyeol's okay. But the scene of Chanyeol in the middle of a hug with Sehun caused Baekhyun to lose control of his legs and start marching back towards the dorms.

   , what am I doing? Why am I walking away!? Baekhyun thought to himself, but he knew exactly why he was walking away however, and it all has to do with Sehun. Sehun in an embrace with Chanyeol.

   Sehun was the one upset at this whole situation and now the little twerp has the nerve to go around finding Chanyeol like it's any of his business? Baekhyun was b with bitterness towards the maknae, but his anger had an awful tinge of guilt. He quickly shook the thought. He had no right to be angry at Sehun, Baekhyun was just being selfish but he couldn't admit something like that to himself. Never. 

His pride kept him from looking back, and greeting the two previously embraced men. But he just couldn't bring himself to do so, and he kept on strolling away, heart sinking deeper with each step.


 

   Sehun stood awkwardly as he watched Baekhyun walk away. He laughed to himself as he made the realization that Baekhyun must've misunderstood the hug, which was ridiculous in Sehun's opinion, there was nothing to be misunderstood. Sehun was the "hug-ee" not the hugger, he was simply being there for his hyung but now due to his kind gesture he was going to have to suffer the irrational wrath of Baekhyun. And all he could do was laugh.

"Well what the was that..." Chanyeol muttered to himself disappointedly. Still watching Baekhyun as his image became smaller and smaller in the distance. 

"Chanyeol!" his manager sang as he approached him, "you're so lucky I'm just glad you're alive right now other wise I would be unleashing a world of uncensored pain upon you."

But Chanyeol wasn't listening, he was too deep in thought and caught up in a web of emotions. And he subconsiously started stepping in the direction Baekhyun went, only to struck the side of his head by his manager.

"Yah! Where the hell do you think you're going? You've caused enough trouble we can't lose you again after we ju-"

"Be quiet!" Chanyeol snapped, not being himself, "I'm not in the mood for this just take me back to the dorms let's just-" he was struck again on the side of the head by his manager, who was now over his happiness of knowing Chanyeol is alright, and was now angry once again for the whole mess. "Shut up, idiot! This isn't about you, you caused a scandal! You may have ruined everything you have worked for! You're lucky you're alive right now, you could've been robbed by crazed fans! What do you have to say for yourself?" Chanyeol avoided eyecontact with his hyung as he lifelessly muttered, "I'm sorry. It won't happen again." "You're damn right it won't. Now, let's get back to the dorm before someone sees you, you ing giant." 

It was all going to happen soon, no matter how much Chanyeol and Baekhyun or the rest of the EXO members didn't want it to: facing the public, facing the press, and facing SM.



Don't think I forgot about you guys or  this story!!!

I'm sorry i've been so busy with school, so here's a little filler chapter.

It's been so many months right?? 

I'm hoping I could get real material updated soon for you guys.

Look forward to it, I'm sorry for the wait!

-Chanyeolnope