Lai

Turn Of Events {UNITed Trilogy}

{^*~

Lai's POV

 

Joy and relief filled me as I hugged my best friend back with enthusiasm. It would have been really awkward for me if it wasn't her. 

"Okay, okay" I laughed. "I missed you too, but breathing is a necessity."

"If you're still talking, you're still breathing," Abi retorted though she did pull back with a huge grin."l missed you so much!" 

"I missed you too! It's been, what, five years?"

"Yup, five years. I blame you for not visiting sooner." 

"Not my fault. It's not as if I could put myself on a plane and fly to New York. Plus, you're not entirely innocent either. What happened to staying in touch, huh?" 

"I can't be blamed for how technologically inept we were when we were twelve. Dude, we didn't even have emails back then!" 

She does have a point there...

"Yea, that's true..." I admitted before we both started laughing. 

"So what are you doing here then?"

"Well, I'm here in New York because my parents were called back for a meeting with Daddy's boss. I'm here in front of you because I went to explore then spotted you moving towards that large building before absentmindingly bumping into that screechy chick from earliet. Any questions?" 

"Mm, nope, I think that covers it."

"So what's going on here?" I asked gesturing towards the large crowd of people.  

"Look at that sign right over there," she answered, pointing to the large banner that I had to squint to see. 

"'SM Trainee Auditions,'" I read slowly before grinning. "You're auditioning?!" 

"I was going to. I mean, that's the dream, right?" she replied, looking a bit withdrawed for some reason. 

"Yea, that's definitely the dream!" I exclaimed, raising my eyebrows at her. "So why the hesitation?" 

Abi sighed. "I don't know, it's just...look, how many people are here! How can I audition and expect to make it with this many people?" 

This is weird. Like really weird. Before Abi would have at least tried to push away all nerves, reminding herself that it was just another audition. When it comes to stuff like this, she doesn't usually admit to self-doubt. 

Maybe when she fell, she hit her head harder than it originally seemed...Perhaps I should get her to a doctor? Hm...

"Dude, you didn't get a concussion when you fell earlier, right?" 

"Uhh...I'm fairly sure I didn't..." 

"So there's a possibility?" 

"I suppose though it's probably very low...Um, should I be afraid to ask why?" 

"It's just that, out of the four of us, I thought you would probably be the least nervous. What's up with you? Didn't you say before that it was just another audition?" 

"Yea, an audition that could actually do something in defining my future!" 

"But still an audition! You know you'll do fine!" I exclaimed. 

"Yea, that's what they all say..." she muttered. 

"Dude! Ugh...okay, how about I audition with you?" I blurted out, regretting the statement before I even finished saying it. 

"Really? You'll audition too?" a smile growing on her face. Crap, this won't end well for me.

"Uhh...is it too late to pretend that I didn't say that?" 

"Yup!" she chirped before tugging ne towards the entrance. 

"That was an awfully fast recovery," I stated, slowing down near the end as realization dawned on me. 

...How did I not see that coming?Dude, I'm like slow today.  

"You planned that," I deadpanned, looking at her accusingly. 

"I have no idea what you are talking," she answered innocently, but I could hear the hidden amusement in her voice. 

"Drop the act, Abi," I scoffed. "I may not have seen you in a while, but I still know you inside and out. You faked that." 

"No proof, no conviction," she shot back. 

"Like your tone and actions aren't proof enough?" 

"Stuff like that wouldn't stand in court." 

"Whatever. You know I have nothing prepared, right?" 

"Ehh, that's okay," she said, passing that fact off like it wasn't important at all before turning to me, smiling cheekily. "Besides, it's just an audition, right?" 

"...I really hate you." 

"Love you too!" 

 

~*^}

{*♦*} {*♦*} {*♦*} {*♦*}