Abi

Turn Of Events {UNITed Trilogy}

{^*~

Abi's POV

So...
SM Trainee auditions.

I think I should go ahead and establish that I'm not nervous.

Really, it's not like it's anything special. Just the first chance I've had in my seventeen years of living to possibly achieve my dreams - or at least, half of my dream. I'll need the other kids to achieve the other half, but anyways!

Not nervous at all...Nope. I mean, all I have to do is sing and dance, right? 

Nothing too difficu- I'm on the ground. Why am I on the ground?

"Watch it, you little clutz!"

So that's why I'm on the ground. Okay then.


I quickly stood up and dusted myself before extending a hand to the fallen girl.


"Dude, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?"


Scowling, the girl pushed away my hand. "I don't need your help," she said before grabbing my arm to steady herself on her eight inch heels.


"Don't need my help, huh?" I muttered quietly, rolling my eyes discreetly.


"What was that?!" the now recovered girl (that I apparently didn't help at all) hissed at me.


I flashed her smile, not wanting a fight. "Nothing! Well, if you'll excuse me." I got about five feet before I heard her screech. Now I may never hear again.  Greaaat.


"You idiot! Look what your stupidity has done for to my shirt!" the girl (she never actually gave me a name, did she?) shrieked, pointing to a small rip on the front of her loud zebra-striped shirt. I literally had to squint to see it. Yea, that small. "This cost a fortune, you know!"


My eyes flashed with annoyance before I tried to reason with her.


"Look, I'm sorry, but I don't think I caused that rip, so if I could ju-"


"If you didn't, then who did?! Stop trying to make excuses and just give me 75 dollars to make up for it!"


I took a deep breath, attempting to quell my annoyance with that age old breathing exercise thing (that, of course, didn't work. Don't misunderstand me here; I'm almost never really mad. It takes a lot for me to actually become angry, so the fact that she's getting me in this state is really saying something).


"Okay, taking into account the fact that you landed on your back and the amount of force you probably landed with, the possiblity I had anything to do with that rip is extremely low, meaning I don't owe you anything. Now I have an audition to go to, so-"


"I said stop making excuses and just give me my money, you-"


"Dude," another feminine (and very familiar) voice cut in, "what she says makes sense. What you say doesn't. Let it go."


Shirt girl - for lack of a better name - seethed before shooting me a glare, which I responded to with a smirk, a mockingly innocent "what-can-you-do" face, and wave.

Finally, she stomped off - or tried to with those heels on - but not before threatening the life of my ear drums with another screech. I let out a tired sigh, happy to see the irritating girl storm off.

To be honest, I did feel kinda guilty about the whole thing, but you know, whatever.


"Thanks so much," I sighed, turning to the girl who had helped, only to freeze in shock.


The girl, who should be halfway across the world in Japan, laughed at my reaction before speaking. "What? No hug? Gosh, I've missed you too, Abi."


That, of course, snapped me back to my senses before I bounded up to her.


"Lai!"

~*^}

{*♦*} {*♦*} {*♦*} {*♦*}

So, here's the first chapter.

Hope you like it!