Chapter 5 : Finally

The Nightmare

Chapter 5: Finally

“So this is it, today we attack. I’m ready…I think.” DO gulped as he tied on a few of the weapons they had constructed. “Don’t worry I think we prepared ourselves for anything.” Luhan half smiled feeling a little nervous himself as he packed his own things. “Well we had an entire week to prepare, now hopefully we aren’t too late.” Lay sighed as he grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, all the while being careful with his injured hand. “Okay let’s go. Hopefully today is our last day on this island and we all get to go back home with the others.” Luhan said and with that they left their shelter walking through the familiar path, sticking to their plan. It didn’t take long for them to reach the cabin in the opening of the forest. Taking their positions behind the bush where they could see everything that went on. “We made it and they must be here because the jeep.” Luhan said as he pointed at the jeep. DO and Lay nodded their heads “Yeah and now we get ready.” Lay sighed, pressing his lips into a thin line. “Yeah, we’ll go take care of all the traps and when you get the signal, Lay you go to the jeep.” DO said before he stepped back followed by Luhan. “Yeah and set up the traps in the front we’ll be going to the back before we start any of this. When we’re done we’ll meet back here and we’ll go off from here.” Luhan said and with that they went to set up.

MEANWHILE…

“Yeah. Okay, we’ll do that. Call us if anything.” Kris said, his voice giving out the feeling of hope. The other members listened in to his conversation, all of them seated around the living room, except for Suho who was resting in his room. “Okay thank you and we’ll wait for your call. Bye.” Kris said as he hung up the phone. “Who was it?” Kai asked standing up from his seat. “That was our manager, he said that they found an island far from the ship wreck and they think that the guys might be there. So they are checking it out now.” Kris said replenishing everyone’s hope with the news. “That’s great, I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep today at least not until I hear more. I know they’ll find them for sure.” Chanyeol said as he nodded a small smile on his lips, everyone nodding with him. “Yeah, I don’t think none of us will. This is more than we’ve heard in weeks, I say it’s a turn of luck for us.” Sehun smiled. “Mhm, it sure is, but now we have to wait, ughh.” Tao groaned, frowning slightly. “Hey we’ve been waiting for this long, who says we can’t wait just a little longer?” Kris said. “I know it’s just we all want to hear from the guys. We miss them. I hope this is the last time they have to find them, for sure this time.” Xiumin smiled fist pumping the air.

MEANWHILE…

“There all set.” Luhan said as he reached their meeting spot. “Me too.” DO chimed behind him. “Yeah count me in to, just finished.” Lay said setting himself down on the floor. “Okay we start from here then. Wait till we give you the signal alright, Lay and after that you make your way to the jeep and start it up for us. We’re going with plan A.” Luhan half smiled, taking the role of leader within all of them and with that all of them nodded and left to their positions. Lay was the only one that stayed in the same spot, while Luhan hid somewhere at the side of the cabin and DO hid somewhere in the back of the cabin.

They had made sure to go just before dawn so that they could set up while the others slept and now that they set up their traps and settled themselves in their positions, shuffling could be heard inside the cabin.

“Make sure the boy gets the box in the back.” Won Ho yelled as he grabbed a few things himself all the while making his way to the front. “Got it boss.” Jin laughed, excited for the day to come. Then he walked to the back room, unlocking the door as he got to it. “Boy, come on. You’ve got work to do. Boss wants you to get the box in the back.” Jin commanded grabbing Baekhyun by the arm and pushing him out towards the back of the cabin. Wincing Baekhyun nodded lightly as he weakly pulled his hand away from Jin’s grip.

The pain hadn’t gone away any much as the headache had persisted even more with the littlest amount of light. Carefully he limped to the back pushing his pain to the back as he followed Jin’s orders. When he got to the box he noticed something as he bent down to lift it, footprints on the ground. “Hey kid what’s taking you so long?” Jin yelled from inside the cabin. “I’m going.” Baekhyun answered back as he coughed slightly, wincing as he fell forward holding himself up with his injured hand. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw a familiar face pop out from the bushes ahead of him. “DO?” Baekhyun winced as he tilted his head. He could see DO motion for him to go over to him, but he wasn’t sure what to believe. Was he seeing things or was DO really here? “I’m not imagining this am I?” Baekhyun breathed as he knelt down next to him. DO shook his head as a small frown appeared on his lips, “No I’m as real as you are. We knew you were here, we just knew it.” DO half smiled. “We’ll go with the others in a bit, we just have to make sure the trap works and then we go.” He finished as the both of them turned to the front. Both Won Ho and Jin walked out to the back. “Now where is he? I told you to make sure he gets the box.” Won Ho grimaced as he brought both his hands up to his head, one of his hands carrying a hand gun. “I was making sure he was getting it.” Jin said stepping off the porch and kicking the box slightly, at once the sound of something snapping sounded off and from the ground a little machine sprung up throwing rocks in the air. Almost instantly Jin was knocked on the head with a couple knocking him out cold as a net sprung from the ground and lifted him up into the air. “Darn kid. Well he couldn’t have gone too far.” He growled shooting a couple of shots out into the bushes as he made his way back into the cabin. “Ugh…” DO grunted as he fell back holding his shoulder, Baekhyun gently helped him back up. “Come on let’s make our way to Lay. Luhan will meet us there soon.” DO winced as both he and Baekhyun got up. “You okay?” Baekhyun asked as he followed DO. “Mhm, just a scratch don’t worry.” DO sighed as he held his shoulder tightly, blood seeping out from between his fingers.

As they arrived where Lay waited, they could already hear the sound of the other trap going off. Then Luhan’s voice came, “Lay start up the jeep, the keys are on the ground.” No time to waste they hurried over to the jeep as Luhan secured the nets making sure they wouldn’t fall and picking up the hand gun off the ground carefully afraid it would just go off, he put it in the car, everyone already inside. “Okay we’re all here. Now let’s get out of here and glad to see you Baekhyun.” Lay sighed as he started up the engine and drove off leaving the cabin behind. “DO got shot back there.” Baekhyun winced as he glanced at DO, who looked a little pale by now. “…and you’re burning up…” DO gasped as his hand brushed up against Baekhyun’s arm. “Well, both of you don’t look pretty good. So the faster we get out of here the better.” Luhan said glancing back at the both of them as Lay drove through the rocky road.

MEANWHILE…

The others waited, sitting around the phone by now, Suho had joined in the waiting. “What time do you think they will let us know something?” Chanyeol asked never taking his eyes off the phone sitting in the center of their circle. “I don’t know, it could be at any time.” Kai answered as he came back from the bathroom. “Guy’s we’re back with some pizza. Fill us in, has anyone called?” Sehun asked as him and Tao came in with drinks and boxes of pizza. Just as the others were about to answer their question the phone rang. “Hello?” Kris said answering the phone quickly. “Mhm, no Ji Hoo Hyung…they are, mhm okay. Thank you. Yeah, we’ll be waiting. Thank you again.” He said as he hung up the phone. “What happened? So what they tell you? Anything knew?” everyone asked staring at Kris, slowly all of them growing concerned as they saw Kris’s teary eyes. “What did they find Kris?” Suho asked him. “They found Ji Hoo Hyung our- the house doctor…he didn’t make it…” Kris said his voice sad as tears glided down his face. “No, but he’s been with us for so long, he couldn’t.” Xiumin gasped as they all began to cry. “I know, we all know.” Kris said his voice low. “…did they say anything about the guys?” Suho said as he wiped away his tears. Kris nodded his head, “Yeah they found a few things that belong to them in a small shack they might have built and all of them could be together.”

“We’ll stay strong for them, we have to. They might just find them today.” Chen said as he nodded his head slightly. “Mhm, yeah guys. Chen is right. We have to stay strong for the guys. Today is the last search day.” Kai sighed in response to Chen’s words and with that everyone nodded as they wiped off their tears.

MEANWHILE…

“We made it.” Lay said as he stopped in the parking lot of some resort. “Who knew, there was a place like this, here.” Luhan breathed as he jumped off the car. “Good job on your driving skillz, Lay.” DO winced as he tried to stand up. “Stay DO, help will come to us.” Lay said as he held him down. “Baekhyun, are you okay?” he asked as he turned to look at him. Baekhyun was bent over holding his head between his hands. “Mhm…” he breathed, nodding his head slightly, as he stared at the ground, yellow spots dancing around in his vision. How much he wanted to close his eyes and let the darkness seep in, numbing his pain, but every time he closed his eyes he could hear Ji Hoo’s voice yelling in his head and that was much more frightening than the pain he was holding back.

“Guy’s they’re coming, they’re coming.” Luhan yelled as he sprinted back to the jeep a big smile on his face. “Help is finally here. We’re finally leaving this place.” Lay smiled. “Baekhyun!!” DO winced as he leaned forward to hold Baekhyun from falling forward, Lay and Luhan helping DO lay Baekhyun down. “I hope they hurry he doesn’t look too good.” DO sighed as he gently leaned back into his seat, small beads of sweat forming on his forehead. “You don’t look too good either.” Luhan said his brow furrowing in concern as he watched DO and Baekhyun closely. Baekhyun’s breaths short and raspy. “They need to go to a hospital and soon.” Lay sighed as he glanced from Luhan to the others.


Yay I got you guys an update!! :)

Thank you for subscribing and reading my story!! ^^

(CR: to the people who make these gifs)