Chapter 2 : The Wreckage

The Nightmare

Chapter 2: The Wreckage

Kris winced as he sat at the waiting area, waiting to hear news of the others. “Kris.” Chen said, his eyes watering a bit as he ran up to him and hugged him. “I thought…the others?” He questioned as he pulled away from the hug and sat beside Kris. “Chanyeol and Xiumin are in intensive care. They just have cuts and scrapes-” “But why are they in intensive care?” “When the second explosion occurred, they must’ve drunken some of the sea water. They were stuck in the water for a long time…I’m just glad they found them, but I don’t know about the rest.” Kris said a little in thought. “I was brought in with Sehun, he’s okay, but he’s just getting bandaged up and the doctor was going to see if there were any head injuries, just to make sure.” Chen smiled slightly. “That means only DO, Luhan, Lay, and Baekhyun are missing.” Kris said a little worried. “And the others, they’re here?” Kris nodded. “Tao had…bruises on his back and ribs, Suho has a broken rib and broken hand, and his eye had been cut…, Kai got stiches on his leg and I think his arm was fractured.” Kris said, his voice a little teary. “I still don’t know if Chanyeol and Xiumin are okay or the others that haven’t been found…” Kris managed standing up, his hands forming into fists. “Don’t worry, they’ll be fine. They have to.” Chen firmly said, hoping the others were okay.

MEANWHILE…

DO squinted as his vision slowly cleared. “DO your awake.” Luhan sighed in relief. “Huh? What’s going on?” DO questioned a little confused, his head slightly hurting. “We don’t know what happened…I just remember…the explosion.” Lay winced as he sat down, forgetting about his injured hand. He looked at his bandaged palm as he sat underneath the little Shack, him and Luhan had managed to build for shelter. “You should stay awake I think you might have a small concussion, but I still don’t want to risk it, so you stay up.” Luhan told DO as he walked over to help him sit up. “And the others?” DO questioned, wincing a bit and naturally reached for his head. “We don’t know.” Lay responded tears flowing down. “Is there-” Luhan shook his head. “We don’t know…I found…I just hope their okay.” Luhan managed unable to say what he saw, while looking for s.

The man let out a raspy breath as he put pressure on his wound, not knowing how much longer he would last, but he was glad he found a survivor. Baekhyun winced as he woke up, his hair damp against his forehead, wanting to go back to sleep, but he was pulled up forced to stay awake. “Don’t, you have to stay awake.” Ji Hoo winced. “Ji Hoo hyung?” Baekhyun breathed a little dazed and disoriented, his body aching from the fresh bruises that were forming, some worse than the rest and his vision blurry and unfocused, a light ringing in his ears. As he breathed pain constricted him from the right side of his chest making it difficult for him to do so. He stumbled a little as he stood on his own, Ji Hoo holding his shoulder slightly keeping him from falling. “That’s good you still have your memory.” Ji Hoo said the pain apparent. “Baekhyun you have to stay awake.” Ji Hoo repeated, coughing slightly, but he knew it wasn’t good. “Come on-” Baekhyun almost fell as a wave of pain hit him when he shifted his weight to his left ankle. “I think I sprained my ankle.” Baekhyun winced, slightly looking up at Ji Hoo, his vision focusing and un-focusing the blood on his hyung becoming the only thing he took notice of. “Hyung.” He said a little worried. “Don’t worry-” Ji Hoo coughed fiercely. Baekhyun forced himself to walk up to Ji Hoo as he tried to ignore the pain. “I…don’t think…I’ll…make it.” Ji Hoo said his words a little slurred. “You can’t you have to hold on, you’ll see they’ll come for us. You just-” “I’m glad I found you.” Ji Hoo managed, becoming paler and paler within the seconds. Baekhyun shook his head, regretting it as soon as he did. He reached for his head, biting his lip as he did. “Baekhyun.” Ji Hoo said a little worried as he held Baekhyun’s hand stopping him from touching his head. “Huh.” Baekhyun sighed, a little disoriented. “Don’t…I…bandaged your head…find…the…o-others…eh” Ji Hoo breathed his eyes slowly losing their light as his hand slowly dropped from Baekhyun’s, his body collapsing to the floor. “Ji Hoo hyung…” Baekhyun winced trying to focus on his Hyungs face, the light coming in through the bushes overhead making it difficult for him to concentrate, but as he kneeled down and placed his hand over Ji Hoo’s chest he could feel that his chest wasn’t rising anymore and his heartbeat was still. “I’ll go see if I can find the others.” Baekhyun breathed, tears gently caressing his face as he stood up glancing from side to side, trying to see what side would be better to go through, his vision still blurry, and a painful headache making yellow spots dance around in his vision.

Closing his eyes he played a little tune to help him decide as he pointed from left to right and once he finished singing the little tune he opened his eyes and trudged along the way he picked, limping as he went through the path. His eyes feeling heavy as time passed by having to stop several times to catch his breath, covered in perspiration, his body felt warm and his teeth chattered as  he shivered in the warm climate. His fever worse than before, it felt like a nightmare, his mind unable to grasp if this was reality or fiction. “Baekhyun get a grip of yourself.” He thought as he pushed himself forward at once his foot got caught in a branch, wincing as he stumbled to the ground. Pain flooding his mind, now if his ankle was sprained before it was most likely fractured now, but that wasn’t the danger of it all. Black and yellow dots clouded Baekhyun’s vision slowly his eyelids closing against his will to keep them open, he could hear Ji Hoo’s voice in the background telling him to stay awake, but how could Ji Hoo be so cruel to Baekhyun when sleep was a simple bliss, slowly numbing his pain.

“Well look what we have here?” a man smirked as he saw Baekhyun passed out on the floor. “It’s that boy.” Another man gasped as he kneeled down next to him. “No, duh, come on get him. We’re going to the cabin, Bang Jin.” The man sighed as he walked away. Bang Jin nodded and picked up Baekhyun, “Coming, Bang Won Ho.” He called out as he ran after him.